[EOL][ROM][SDCLANG-6][microg-ready][OMS Service Mode]NLOS-15.1 - 20190208

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 4405529

NLOS is an unofficial LineageOS build with many additions. These additions started small and have grown large over the month. So, it's time to name it NLOS - which still is an UNOFFICIAL LineageOS build.

Thanks to @UnbracedTundra NLOS has it's own logo, bootanimation and wallpapers.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
My priorities are stabillity, battery, performance - in that order. This build is optimized for oneplus3t - it will flash and run on a oneplus3, because it's an unified build, but it's optimized for 3t!
In addition this rom contains two patches (https://github.com/microg/android_p...aster/patches/android_frameworks_base-N.patch and https://github.com/microg/android_p...aster/patches/android_frameworks_base-N.patch, ported to Oreo) to be microG ready - this means freedom of choice to flash either gapps or install (microG How to use Android without Google Apps).

NLOS doesn't require any mods to work with @Arnova8G2's GoogleCamera Mod (more details in S4turno's thread ). Just install the modded Gcam - no need to flash twrp-front-fix-oreo-op3-3t.zip, nor to use the magisk module.

The kernel is prepared for Wireguard VPN - to use Wireguard for vpn-tunnels you need to get the WireGuard-apk from playstore. WireGuard developer @zx2c4 runs a dedicated Wireguard Thread.

NLOS features OMS Service Mode - the successor of ThemeInterfacer. This means you don't need root and/or andromeda to have full Substratum Theming! It's faster then andromeda and does not rely on a tethered pc-connection. It has more exposueres (items exposed to the themers) then the rooted solution. If substratum should ask for root previlegs, deny it.

Currently known issue can be found here.

If you find an issue, follow these instructions: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=58239877&postcount=3

Everybody has his very own definition of "clean flash" or "dirty flash". I use these phrases like descriped in this posting: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=58239877&postcount=2

http%3A%2F%2Fimg.imgland.net%2FBINawli.png

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty isn't void: we are on an oneplus device.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fv3ogd3K.png

This thread is for Unofficial LineageOS 15.1 builds for oneplus3 and onepluy3t. The following will not be supported here:
Custom kernels
Mods
Xposed
gapps packages bigger then opengapps-nano

I don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
Flashed a custom kernel
Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
Modified system files (i.e. by using gapps larger then opengapps-nano)

http%3A%2F%2Fimg.imgland.net%2F_4JAwRZ.png

First time flashing NLOS 15.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM:
  1. Backup your current ROM and make sure you have backups of your data you want to keep.
  2. Download the ROM below in the downloads section.
  3. Download current MindTheGapps for arm64. If you insist on using gapps, don't use a package larger then nano.
  4. Download and flash twrp-3.2.3-0!
  5. Download and flash latest OxygenOS Oreo firmware.
  6. Format data: in twrp tap on wipe and then tap on format data. This will delete all data, remove encryption and leave you with ext4, which is highly recommended. If you are insisting to use f2fs see: https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-3/one...1-20180223-t3754855/post75688089#post75688089 - NOT recommended!
  7. Wipe system, data and caches.
  8. Flash NLOS.
  9. Flash Google Apps. If you want to use microG skip this step and install microG (How to use Android without Google Apps).
  10. Optional: flash Magisk (if you need root)
  11. Reboot (as usual: first boot takes loooooong ;) )

Updating this rom
Dirty flashing should work just fine: reboot into recovery (if necesarry flash the firmware zip recommended by the release notes) and flash the updated NLOS zip - don't forget to wipe dalvik and cache. Settings, apps and even google apps are preserved.
Important: if you encounter any issues, a clean install is recommended and even required if you need support.

http%3A%2F%2Fimg04.imgland.net%2FAg8dlGr.png

I won't build on a daily (or nightly) basis. I will publish new builds, if I fixed something, important upstream changes or new security patchlevels.

LineageOS changelog: https://www.cmxlog.com/15.1/

Build 20190208

Releasenotes:

NLOS-15.1 relays on Oreo firmware. OxygenOS 5.0.8 firmware or later is needed:

For a complete list of additional cherry picks see: current.pick.sh.

This is most probably the second last build. I'm planing one more build, when the Feb. security patch is merged. If somebody wants to continue building and supporting nlos-15.1, drop me a note.

Changelog (Last repo sync: 8 Feb 2019, 14:09:19 CET / 8 Feb 2019, 13:09:19 UTC):
  • Merge tag 'v3.18.134' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable into linux-stable/merge-15.1 — Nvertigo
  • ARM: dts: msm: FIxup GPU 0mhz clock — Nvertigo
  • drivers: video: mdss: Fix direct references to HZ — celtare21
  • drivers: ipa: Fix direct references to HZ — Humberto Borba
  • drivers: platform: gsi: Fix direct references to HZ — Humberto Borba
  • drivers: hwmon: Fix direct references to HZ — Humberto Borba
  • drivers: i2c: Fix direct references to HZ — Humberto Borba
  • Convert few critical drivers to use msecs_to_jiffies insted of HZ — Dorimanx
  • msm: kgsl: Remove POPP — Sultan Alsawaf
  • current.pick.sh: O_asb_2019-02. — Nvertigo
  • current.pick.sh: introduce a safer repopick. — Nvertigo
  • op3/t: nfc: advertise support for extended length NFC — Paul Keith

NLOS-Bootlogo
nlos_bootlogo-v0.1.zip
back_in_black_bootlogo-v1.0.zip(pre ob16 OxygenOS Bootlogo)

[SIZE="+2"]DOWNLOAD[/SIZE]​

Happy flashing!

History

Build 20190127

Releasenotes:

NLOS-15.1 relays on Oreo firmware. OxygenOS 5.0.8 firmware or later is needed:

For a complete list of additional cherry picks see: current.pick.sh.

This is most probably the second last build. I'm planing one more build, when the Feb. security patch is merged. If somebody wants to continue building and supporting nlos-15.1, drop me a note.

Changelog (Last repo sync: 27 Jan 2019, 13:01:40 CET / 27 Jan 2019, 12:01:40 UTC):
  • current.pick.sh: force picking abandoned battery customisation commits (220407, 220422, 219299) — Nvertigo
  • op3: Restore better load balancing after boot — Thomas Shum
  • WG: squash WireGuard-0.0.20190123. — Nvertigo
  • Merge tag 'v3.18.133' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable into linux-stable/merge-15.1 — Nvertigo

NLOS-Bootlogo
nlos_bootlogo-v0.1.zip

Happy flashing!

Firmware
NVertigo's Oxygen Firmware Archive

TWRP
Latest official twrp
Thread for official twrp

Google Apps:
MindTheGapps-8.1.0-arm64-20180223_195845.zip

Source and toolchains
https://github.com/LineageOS/
https://github.com/nvertigo/local_manifest/tree/nlos-15.1 (If you want to build this rom yourself, consult the file named README, it's outdated, but still helpfull)

http%3A%2F%2Fimg04.imgland.net%2F2uCBhNw.png

Happy flashing!

XDA:DevDB Information
NLOS-15.1, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
nvertigo67, dianlujitao
Source Code: https://github.com/nvertigo/local_manifest/tree/nlos-15.1

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: latest
Based On: LineageOS 15.1

Version Information

Created 2018-12-04
Last Updated 2018-12-04

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 4405529

Known Issues

• fixed: NLOS can't initially encrypt f2fs data partitions (though ext4 is working flawlessly).
  • fixed: NLOS can't change the encryption passphrase for f2fs/ext4 data partitions (though ext4 is working flawlessly).
  • fixed: adb and mtp doesn't work out of the box. Workaround:
    • put in QS-tile "adb over network"
    • disable wifi
    • enable "adb over network" with the added tile (tile shows 0.0.0.0)
    • connect usb cable
    • an expandable notification shows up
    • expand it, tap it and select "file transfer": voila.
    If you've run through the above adb and mtp are working fine - even trough reboots... automagicaly... ;)
  • If secure boot password, pin or pattern is set: LiveDisplay's Settings show color profile as "Standrad" after a reboot, though the configuered LiveDisplay's color profile is correctly aplied.
  • Notification lights have hickups.
  • fixed: With no substratum themes applied and dark mode enabled the qs edit page is in stealth mode (white text on white background). For reference see: https://xdaforums.com/apps/substrat...um-support-t3606400/post76619564#post76619564

D

Deleted member 4405529

Where has "keep wifi on during sleep"?

Sadly this isn't working anymore.

The maker of betterbatterystats offers also a tool to accomblish this task and much more:
betterwifionoff

When switching from lineage-14.1 to lineage-15.1 I found idle bat usage doubled: what has been 0.4 % per hour on nougat increased on oreo to 0.8 to 1.0 % per hour.

On n I've always used "only if charging" for "keep wifi on during sleep", but the access to this setting has been vanished by google. So I exprimented with wifi conf file, kernel driver and wakelock blocking on kernel level. Nothing really solved the adsitional idle drain.

I'm still surprised, what I found while searching settings (cli): the setting "wifi_sleep_policy" is still there! Google has just droped the access via Settings->Network&Internet->Wi-Fi and makes "Always" the default , but the setting is still available and is working like on n.

Value: Function
  • 0: Never
  • 1: only when plugged in
  • 2: Always

To get restore my n setting (keep wifi on while sleep only when plugged in), I only need to connect via adb (I prefer adb over network, but it works as well with usb), and issue this command:
Code:
adb shell settings put global wifi_sleep_policy 1

After spending endless hours on kernel and debugging, this simple command brought back 0.4%/h idle bat usage.

D

Deleted member 4405529

How To: format data with f2fs with current official TWRP

Current twrp (3.2.1-0) can't change the data fs to f2fs. The reason for this breakage is, that twrp expects a mkfs.f2fs command that knows "-r size" as cli-option, but the image is shipped with a version that doesn't know about "-r".

To get data formated as f2fs with space for the encryption footer, you just need to follow these simple steps:
  • Download attached mkfs-f2fs.zip.
  • Unzip and place the contained mkfs.f2fs in /sdcard/Download.
  • Boot to current twrp-3.2.1-0.
  • In twrp:
    • Home-Screen->Advanced->Terminal
    • Code:
      cp -vi /sdcard/Download/mkfs.f2fs /tmp
      chmod 0755 /tmp/mkfs.f2fs
      /tmp/mkfs.f2fs -t 0 -r 16384 /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata #for the lazy, if on op3/t can use /dev/block/sda15
    • flash rom (or use the installed rom, which is factory reseted by formating data), reboot t system amd encrypt your device.

The mkfs.f2fs binary is taken from the original twrp-3.2.1-0. This will only work for 64-bit devices:
Code:
file mkfs.f2fs
mkfs.f2fs: ELF 64-bit LSB pie executable ARM aarch64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /sbin/linker64, BuildID[md5/uuid]=46b5f32d88973c91f79744258599a19a, stripped

Attachments

• mkfs-f2fs.zip
    10.4 KB · Views: 233
D

Deleted member 4405529

UPDATE

Build 20180225

Releasenotes:

NLOS-15.1 relays on Oreo firmware. ob16 or later is needed, I strongly recommend using ob22 (because that's what I'm testing with): oxygenos-ob22-firmware.zip

beta03 users can just dirty flash beta02 (don't forget to wipt cache and dalvik after the dirty flash!) Since GCam is updated, I recooment wiping GCams data.

Changelog (synced lineageos 15.1 02/25 at 14:01:07 UTC):
  • Update GoogleCamera to GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V6.apk — Nvertigo
  • Bring back busybox. — Nvertigo
  • Switch kernel branch to linux-stable/nlos-15.1. — Nvertigo
  • Merge tag 'v3.18.96' into linux-stable/merge-15.1 — Nvertigo

NLOS-Bootlogo
nlos_bootlogo-v0.1.zip

Happy flashing!

horqai

Sep 6, 2011
With the version from 18th February the setup wizard is working, if you are going for a fresh installation.

D

Deleted member 4405529

set up wizard keeps crashing using the gapps on the OP, tried the lineage - mindthegapps and everything went fine

If you're using open gapps just exclude "LSetupWizard" in the gapps-config file.

...if there is an issue, it's either sepolicy or gapps... ;) (devs rule of thumb)

I was so happy, finding a 8.1 package that worked (on beta01 for me)...

It would be great, if we can share gapps info here. Please report which gapps package is working with uri, and which doesn't (uri not mandatory... ;) ).

D

Deleted member 4405529

Will this work on op3 too?

Most propably: yes.

I don't have my hands on a 3, and I made it my self a rule to only build and push for devices I have my hands on. That's why I stay in 3t forum though it's essentially an unified build. On the other hand: whenever a setting can be tuned for either for sd820 or sd821, I go for sd821. Other then that, NLOS should work on both models, and I try my best to give you support here.

D

Deleted member 4405529

Does the 15.1 version of NLOS have EAS? I vaguely remember the 14.1 version having it...

No.

I've removed it from 14.1 some time ago, because wireguard has triggered some (of perhaps much more) merging errors. After doing some testing (which showed, that plain los was on level with los+eas , regarding speed and bat life [in deed plain los was slightly better on bat life]) I removed (broken-hearted) EAS again.

doubleaykay

Nov 8, 2013
No.

I've removed it from 14.1 some time ago, because wireguard has triggered some (of perhaps much more) merging errors. After doing some testing (which showed, that plain los was on level with los+eas , regarding speed and bat life [in deed plain los was slightly better on bat life]) I removed (broken-hearted) EAS again.

Gotcha. Good to know that plain LOS is just as good with battery life. Thank you :)

D

Deleted member 4405529

UPDATE (OMS Service Mode)

Build 20180226

Releasenotes:

NLOS-15.1 relays on Oreo firmware. ob16 or later is needed, I strongly recommend using ob22 (because that's what I'm testing with): oxygenos-ob22-firmware.zip

beta04 users can just dirty flash beta02 (don't forget to wipt cache and dalvik after the dirty flash!) Since GCam is updated, I recooment wiping GCams data.

OMS Service Mode is still work in progress. Sometimes you need to activate a theme once again after "compile&activate". Some themes (i.e. flux - though it's working flawlessly) refuses to deactivate, but flashing /sdcard/substratum/SubstratumRescue.zip removes all activated overlays. Rebooting is sometimes neccessary. Wiping caches and dalvik may be a good idea, too. SwiftDark and Flux seem to work otherwise.

Special thanx to @danieldmm for helping me out of my brainlock with pointing me to https://substratum.review/ . Without his help I would be still searching for commits currently not meeged... ...that would have taken looooong.... *lol*

Changelog (synced lineageos 15.1 02/25 at 14:01:07 UTC):

NLOS-Bootlogo
nlos_bootlogo-v0.1.zip

Happy flashing!

EDIT:
HOTFIX:
Set sepolicy temporary to permissive, if you want to deactivate an overlay.

Top Liked Posts