[ROM][OFFICIAL][8.1.0][treble][mido] AICP 13.1

Search This thread

qoejohn

logo_black.png

AICP
Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find!!!

Until Lollipop, the Rom has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM.
With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LAOS) we are now LAOS based with some tweaks from AOSP.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them out or the LAOS team will if it concerns their code base. This rom isn't LAOS supported, so no need to report errors/bugs to them!!

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
 */

features.png

Feature list (rough Overview)

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
@Maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
DU team
SlimRoms team
Resurrection Remix team
Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
@zipsnet
@eyosen
@semdoc
@Drgravy
@Hashbang173
@SpiritCroc
@wartomato
@eboye
plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are paying for servers that build nightlies/weeklies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
Thank you!!

downloads.png

Unofficial Release Version 13.1

aicp_mido_o-13.1-UNOFFICIAL-20180321
GApps

changelog.png

[21-03-2018]

issues.png

Let's find out... ;)

FAQ:
Before using the ROM:
Q. Can I have an ETA for the next build?
A. Yes, just look in the OP to see if your device is built on a nightly or weekly schedule.

Q. Does this ROM support custom kernels?
A. No. You can still use them, but discussion should go in the thread of the respective kernel. We don't offer support for bugs you might encounter while using them!

Q. Why doesn't this ROM support Xposed?
A. Xposed is a hack that is geared towards AOSP, custom ROM's modify the framework a lot, so Xposed can cause a ton of issues on custom ROM's. Now it might work for you, however it is not to be discussed in this thread, and you should refrain from posting bug reports.

Q. Alright, but I still want to flash Xposed, so which version do I need to install?
A. You will need to use the version arm64/arm/whatever for SDK 27.

Flashing the ROM:
Q. What do I need to know before flashing?
A. Check the install instructions in the first post...

Q. Can the builds be dirty flashed over each other?
A. Yes, however make a nandroid backup first as there is a chance of getting a bootloop or encountering bugs. Also bugs may only be reported on a clean flash.

Q. How do I dirty flash builds?
A. Wipe the System, Cache and ART/Dalvik cache. Flash the ROM, GApps (only needed if you wipe the system), your preferred root solution and reboot. Or just use the OTA app to preform that task for you.

Q. How do I flash kernel builds?
A1. If it's a .img file, boot into TWRP and go to the install page in TWRP, in the bottom right corner select "install image", select the desired kernel, then select "boot", then swipe to flash, then go back to the install screen and install your root method again, if you don't want to loose root and reboot.
A2. If it's a flashable ZIP, you can flash it together with a ROM update or separately. Go to the install page in TWRP, choose the kernel zip (or add it to the flash queue right after the ROM zip). Then add your root method to the queue if you don't want to loose root. Now swipe to flash, and then reboot.

Using the ROM:
Q. How do I enable software buttons?
A. Go to Aicp Extras/Navigation bar, and enable it.

Q. I installed a bad theme and now I'm getting a bootloop, how do I fix it?
A. In TWRP, flash the substratum rescue zip that's in the substratum folder on the internal storage.

Q. I keep losing root with Magisk, how do I fix it?
A. Check this out. If that doesn't work for you, ask for help in this thread, read or ask in the Magisk thread on XDA or just re-flash Magisk!

Q. I'm having issues with WhatsApp, how do I fix it?
A. Read this

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. and do not post the content here. Thanks.

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog (Root needed).
A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the others section in the AICP Extras main page.

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android Oreo. You don't need to install any Add-on's, simply download the latest ROM, GApps, flash it and go!
If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM Zipfile.

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug.
If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash:
(Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)

1. Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device.
2. Boot to recovery (Twrp for Treble builds by abhishek987).
3. Wipe the System, Vendor (for first transform from non-treble), Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache.
4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work).
6. Flash the root solution of your choice (optional).
7. Reboot your device.

The ROM has GApps persistence in between dirty flashes, so you only have to flash them once!
The root solution should be flashed together with every ROM Update

Currently Supported Root Solutions:

Custom magisk for treble enabled builds v16.0 by abhishek987

Magisk versions higher than 14.0 doesn't require flash on every dirty flash depending on the deivce, some devices need you to flash it every time, unless your maintainer says otherwise it should be fine

If you want to contribute to the AICP or want see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit code review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

sources.png

android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8953

ROM & Additional links:
AICP Gerrit Code Review
AICP on Github

AICP G+ community

Contributors:
abhishek987,
highwaystar_ru,
qoejohn

ROM OS Version: 8.1.x Oreo
Kernel: Linux 3.18.71

Version Information:
Release Date: 21-03-2018

You want to see a "normal" night at the "DEV office", click here!!

XDA:DevDB Information
AICP 13.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Contributors
qoejohn
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information

Created 2018-03-21
Last Updated 2019-12-15

Last edited:

ohwarumbloss

Oct 9, 2010
Kalletal
How do you flash from LOS treble to this?
Thanks
Wiped all, clean flash, works :)
after clean flash and using nano gapps with custom magisk on the initial screen it shows bluetooth stopped
its stable enough but lagging..it take time to unlock ,open apps ,calling
No Errors, no unusual Behaviour here.
But bluetooth working ,right? Cause working fine here..
Yes, works perfectly for me. Just found your Rom, installed & setup, no flaws until now. Thank you very much :)

grifsin

Apr 12, 2015
So far I have 2 problems:
1) Bluetooth audio won't work in calls (recurring error, happened in crDroid 4.0 as well)
2) While trying to enable confirmation by fingerprint in play store, it crashes. Running OpenGapps mini for 8.1

There was also a problem with it being stuck on the "restoring" screen - had to forcefully reboot and skip this time, it started as if nothing happened tho.

If you require any logs, say which ones

Reactions: qoejohn

tripper22

Feb 13, 2008
does this rom have qs transparency setting?

Not that I could find.

does rgb control present in live display?

Yes.

No problems here.

Thanks @qoejohn this is shaping up to be a fantastic rom.

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

So far I have 2 problems:
1) Bluetooth audio won't work in calls (recurring error, happened in crDroid 4.0 as well)
2) While trying to enable confirmation by fingerprint in play store, it crashes. Running OpenGapps mini for 8.1

There was also a problem with it being stuck on the "restoring" screen - had to forcefully reboot and skip this time, it started as if nothing happened tho.

If you require any logs, say which ones

I had issues with apps restoring from the Play store on the initial boot also. I can't speak to 1 and 2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo_black.png

AICP
    Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find!!!

Until Lollipop, the Rom has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM.
    With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LAOS) we are now LAOS based with some tweaks from AOSP.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them out or the LAOS team will if it concerns their code base. This rom isn't LAOS supported, so no need to report errors/bugs to them!!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
     */

features.png

Feature list (rough Overview)

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    @Maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
    DU team
    SlimRoms team
    Resurrection Remix team
    Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
    @zipsnet
    @eyosen
    @semdoc
    @Drgravy
    @Hashbang173
    @SpiritCroc
    @wartomato
    @eboye
    plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are paying for servers that build nightlies/weeklies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

downloads.png

Unofficial Release Version 13.1

aicp_mido_o-13.1-UNOFFICIAL-20180321
    GApps

changelog.png

[21-03-2018]

issues.png

Let's find out... ;)

FAQ:
    Before using the ROM:
    Q. Can I have an ETA for the next build?
    A. Yes, just look in the OP to see if your device is built on a nightly or weekly schedule.

Q. Does this ROM support custom kernels?
    A. No. You can still use them, but discussion should go in the thread of the respective kernel. We don't offer support for bugs you might encounter while using them!

Q. Why doesn't this ROM support Xposed?
    A. Xposed is a hack that is geared towards AOSP, custom ROM's modify the framework a lot, so Xposed can cause a ton of issues on custom ROM's. Now it might work for you, however it is not to be discussed in this thread, and you should refrain from posting bug reports.

Q. Alright, but I still want to flash Xposed, so which version do I need to install?
    A. You will need to use the version arm64/arm/whatever for SDK 27.

Flashing the ROM:
    Q. What do I need to know before flashing?
    A. Check the install instructions in the first post...

Q. Can the builds be dirty flashed over each other?
    A. Yes, however make a nandroid backup first as there is a chance of getting a bootloop or encountering bugs. Also bugs may only be reported on a clean flash.

Q. How do I dirty flash builds?
    A. Wipe the System, Cache and ART/Dalvik cache. Flash the ROM, GApps (only needed if you wipe the system), your preferred root solution and reboot. Or just use the OTA app to preform that task for you.

Q. How do I flash kernel builds?
    A1. If it's a .img file, boot into TWRP and go to the install page in TWRP, in the bottom right corner select "install image", select the desired kernel, then select "boot", then swipe to flash, then go back to the install screen and install your root method again, if you don't want to loose root and reboot.
    A2. If it's a flashable ZIP, you can flash it together with a ROM update or separately. Go to the install page in TWRP, choose the kernel zip (or add it to the flash queue right after the ROM zip). Then add your root method to the queue if you don't want to loose root. Now swipe to flash, and then reboot.

Using the ROM:
    Q. How do I enable software buttons?
    A. Go to Aicp Extras/Navigation bar, and enable it.

Q. I installed a bad theme and now I'm getting a bootloop, how do I fix it?
    A. In TWRP, flash the substratum rescue zip that's in the substratum folder on the internal storage.

Q. I keep losing root with Magisk, how do I fix it?
    A. Check this out. If that doesn't work for you, ask for help in this thread, read or ask in the Magisk thread on XDA or just re-flash Magisk!

Q. I'm having issues with WhatsApp, how do I fix it?
    A. Read this

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
    A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. and do not post the content here. Thanks.

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
    A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog (Root needed).
    A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the others section in the AICP Extras main page.

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android Oreo. You don't need to install any Add-on's, simply download the latest ROM, GApps, flash it and go!
    If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM Zipfile.

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)

1. Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device.
    2. Boot to recovery (Twrp for Treble builds by abhishek987).
    3. Wipe the System, Vendor (for first transform from non-treble), Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache.
    4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
    5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work).
    6. Flash the root solution of your choice (optional).
    7. Reboot your device.

The ROM has GApps persistence in between dirty flashes, so you only have to flash them once!
    The root solution should be flashed together with every ROM Update

Currently Supported Root Solutions:

Custom magisk for treble enabled builds v16.0 by abhishek987

Magisk versions higher than 14.0 doesn't require flash on every dirty flash depending on the deivce, some devices need you to flash it every time, unless your maintainer says otherwise it should be fine

If you want to contribute to the AICP or want see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit code review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

sources.png

android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8953

ROM & Additional links:
    AICP Gerrit Code Review
    AICP on Github

AICP G+ community

Contributors:
    abhishek987,
    highwaystar_ru,
    qoejohn

ROM OS Version: 8.1.x Oreo
    Kernel: Linux 3.18.71

Version Information:
    Release Date: 21-03-2018

You want to see a "normal" night at the "DEV office", click here!!

XDA:DevDB Information
    AICP 13.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Contributors
    qoejohn
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information

Created 2018-03-21
    Last Updated 2019-12-15
    Still on progress :fingers-crossed:
    UPDATE [05-04-2018]

Changelog
    • Android-8.1.0_r20