FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Spb as default today screen

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By sourav_cool35, Junior Member on 15th March 2008, 02:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am using HTC touch can anyone please help me to make spb mobile shell as the default today screen i went to the posts of spb mobile shell but they are soooo big that i couldnt find anything.........all i want that spb interface to be my default today screen.... thanks in advance
15th March 2008, 02:18 PM |#2  
Senior Moderator Emeritus + Wiki Bureaucrat
Flag Huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 495

More
You mean the 3 sided one where you can flip through?

You can't really have it as a today screen. You can however set it to display on wakeup so every time you turn on your phone it's there. And when you lock your phone it is also there.

Ta,
Dave
15th March 2008, 02:34 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
no all i want is the first one the analog clock one with the weather and all plugins i dont need the spb menu and the speed dial contacts
15th March 2008, 02:42 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 250

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveShaw

You mean the 3 sided one where you can flip through?

You can't really have it as a today screen. You can however set it to display on wakeup so every time you turn on your phone it's there. And when you lock your phone it is also there.

Ta,
Dave

This can be happen and after soft reset. Just edit the mobile shell's shortcut in the windows\startup folder with a file manager(I use total commander) and remove the "-noshow" option. If there is not exist an spb mobile shell shortcut, just create one from the executable.
The problem is that starts in launcher screen and not in Now, and I didn't find until now how to change this. Maybe there is a command line parameter but I don't know which is.
15th March 2008, 03:35 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
please sum1 only tell me how to bring the now screen (the analog clock one only) as the today screen i dont want anything else...........
15th March 2008, 03:54 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav_cool35

please sum1 only tell me how to bring the now screen (the analog clock one only) as the today screen i dont want anything else...........

you cant. search through the millions of mobile shell 2.0 threads. the closest thing you can do is that reg hack, or go to mobile shell settings and set the now screen to appear on device wake up. it cant be set as your today screen.
15th March 2008, 04:09 PM |#7  
Flag Down South
Thanks Meter: 4

More
There is a shortcut to the Now screen. If you look where you can assign buttons it allows you to choose the Now screen. I am not sure where it is as an exucatable.
15th March 2008, 07:19 PM |#8  

More
You can go to the Now screen with the "\Program Files\Spb Mobile Shell\Menulauncher.exe -now" command. You can assign it to a button, or a FTouchFlo gesture.
15th March 2008, 08:14 PM |#9  
Flag Draper
Thanks Meter: 11

More
1.) Copy the "MobileShell.exe" application from \Program Files\Spb Mobile Shell, and
2.) create a shortcut "Shortcut to MobileShell.lnk" in \windows\StartUp, then
3.) Perform a Soft reset.
Now the Mobile Shell Spb Menu (Application) screen auto loads after the soft reset. No Reg edit required for this...

I have not seen or heard of a Now Screen edit as of yet but I'm sure one of these great Programmer / Chefs has one in the works... Have you seen what they are doing so far?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=374335

The above mention instructions does not replace the Today Screen but only bypasses it after a reset. If you close MS2.0 at any time, it will take you back to the Today Screen. As far as I know, you can not totally replace your Today Screen.

Good luck and keep on reading... The XDA Google search function can do wonders....
16th March 2008, 12:27 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 250

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghal

You can go to the Now screen with the "\Program Files\Spb Mobile Shell\Menulauncher.exe -now" command. You can assign it to a button, or a FTouchFlo gesture.

Thanks for this! With this I achieve to make the device starts in now screen after soft reset with the help of mortscript.
I made a shortcut with above command, and after I write this script:

Code:
run ("\Program Files\Spb Mobile Shell\MobileShell.exe")
Sleep( 10000 )
Run ("\Program Files\Spb Mobile Shell\MenuLauncher.lnk")
I put a shortcut of the script file in windows\startup folder and reset the device.

Now I have the now screen after every soft reset.
16th March 2008, 03:14 AM |#11  

More
I modified the memwatcher sdk sample to launch spb now screen whenever user gets to today screen. Install the CAB file and every time when you return to today screen it'll quickly put you back at spb now screen.
Attached Files
File Type: cab spbwatcher.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (11.2 KB, 13967 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)