After the situation happened in the last thread, I'm so glad to tell you that the development is resumed. S2P now simply uses the device's built-in music decorder WMP.
What is S2P?
S2P(Slide2Play) is my third S2 series application. S2P is a stylus-free MP3/WMA player application. It simply lets you browse your music files & play.
- WM5 Phone or WM6 Professional devices (with built-in WMP)
- free RAM: at least 3M
- added AVRCP support (play/pause/next/previous) to devices that use MS BT stack.
- added DPAD control to "move" the playback when the timeline is shown.
- added "Repeat Single" - tap the repeat icon until a small "1" is shown.
- limited the way to change to portrait Album View by double tap the album title area only; to go back, double tap the album title area again.
- fixed the issue that some devices cannot run in Landscape mode.
- some minor bugs fixed.
http://cid-cddbf77985693632.skydrive...P-0.40-WM5.zip (thanks l3v5y) or
http://www.1800pocketpc.com/blog/wp-...2p-040-wm5.zip (thanks theOne) or
at the bottom of this post.
- added option (NoSoftKey) to hide the bottom soft music control keys.
- added to show Album View at portrait mode by double tap the screen; to go back, double tap the screen again.
- now runs properly with RealVGA at 96dpi.
- rearranged some keys - END/OK to minimize; ANSWER to quit.
- fixed some embedded album pic problems.
- some minor bugs fixed.
- reduced the RAM usage, especially when there are a lot of music files on the list.
- reduced the start up time.
- added option (FullScreenAlbum) to display a larger album art. For 240 x 240 device, please set it to 0.
- added a sliding button to "move" the playback.
- added minimize S2P by tapping the top right corner of the screen.
- rearranged some keys - END/OK to quit; ANSWER to minimize.
- integration with S2U2 v1.00 or later (read the S2U2's readme.txt for details)
- all system icons are live when S2U2 (v1.00 or later) is already running in the background. (but it doesn't mean S2U2 is mandatory)
- runs properly on a 320x320 emulator, but not tested on any real 320x320 devices.
- some minor bugs fixed.
- fixed the issue that S2P did not start due to some problematic ROM/OEM.
If it still not work, pls download & install the WMP-OCX-fix.cab (for WM5 square device, pls try the WMP-OCX-WM5-square-fix.cab) attached below.
- changed the music decorder from MAD to WMP, so no more OGG support, but now preliminarily supports WMA.
- added Album View screen. Under the music playback screen, slide up or down the left or right side edge of the album art will change to the Album View screen. To move to previous or next Album, tap the adjacent albums. To move faster, slide to left or right. To go back to the normal playback screen, slide up or down the left or rigth side edge of the album art.
- added option (ResumeAfterCall) to resume or stop the playback after a call is finished.
- added support to load Album art of WMP (Album*.jpg).
- added minimize S2P by pressing OK.
- added Landscape support: Under whichever Portrait or Landscape mode, the music playback screen will always in Portrait; and the Album View screen will always in Landscape.
- added more power saving for AVRCP: Normally, when an AVRCP command arrives, the LCD will be forced to turn on even it's offed. Under the same condition, S2P will turn the LCD off immediately.
- changed the layout a little so that the whole album art will be shown.
- smoother animation.
- a lot of minor bugs fixed.
- Under your PC/MAC/device, extract the content of the downloaded file & copy the CAB file to your device.
- Under your device, run any File Explorer application; go to the folder where the CAB file is copied; run the CAB file.
- Since S2P simply scans music files in your storage card, it's suggested to have your music files well organized by folders. So that you can browse your music files through the folders instead of a plain list. (e.g. \Artist Name\Album Name\Music title.mp3)
- When browsing, press the folder name to list all music files under that folder, including subfolders; or press the arrow button to list the subfolders.
- Press any one of the filename to play.
- To go back to the music file list, press the top left back button.
- To view the current album list, press the top right icon. Then press any one on the list to play that music.
- To go back to the single music view, press the top right icon again.
- On the single music view, tap the screen to call up the timeline. Press the left repeat icon to repeat the current playing album; press the right shuffle icon to play the whole music list randomly. When both icons are on, only the current album will be played randomly.
- Under the music playback screen, slide up or down the left or right side edge of the album art will change to the Album View screen in Landscape mode. To go back to the normal playback screen, slide up or down the left or right side edge of the album art.
- Under the music playback screen, double tap the album title area will change to the Album View screen in Portrait mode. To go back to the normal playback screen, double tap the album title area again.
- The hardware keys are:
ANSWER - quit
END/OK - minimize
Vol Up/Down or DPAD Up/Down - volume control
DPAD Action - play/pause
DPAD Left/Right - previous/next
Left/Right soft key - previous/next album
Power/Record - turn screen off
For details, as usual, please read the README.TXT file or the next post.
Besides, please read the README FIRST, especially the Known limitations & FAQs before posting your questions here.
Finally, if you like S2P, pls CLICK HERE to make a donation. Thanks.