FORUMS

LAN shares, HTC Network Plugin

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By mkloeckner, Member on 17th March 2008, 02:31 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
Hey everyone!

I'm looking for a plugin which allowes me to access LAN shares from my Tornado.

I found the so called "HTC Network plugin", which should enable this feature, but it doesn't work. They say it adds an LAN-Connection option to the connection-settings, but this is not the case.

So basicly I want to access my music folder on my pc to play the music on my tornado. Does anyone have an idea?
Is this possible on a smartphone?
18th March 2008, 01:52 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Not possible at all
18th March 2008, 06:22 AM |#3  
Flag WTF

More
I did it. It is necessary to throw simply libraries from pda, and the networkplugin will work. Here they (for wm6): *http://kmz.ho.com.ua/Netbios.zip
18th March 2008, 12:16 PM |#4  
Flag Warsaw

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmz

I did it. It is necessary to throw simply libraries from pda, and the networkplugin will work. Here they (for wm6): *http://kmz.ho.com.ua/Netbios.zip

Can You post some quick guide how to do this and what possibilities it gives.
Is it work on USB connection?
18th March 2008, 02:14 PM |#5  
Flag WTF

More
I don't know. I tested on wifi connection....
18th March 2008, 05:13 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
mmh, doesn't work for me. I copied your files in the windows-directory and re-installed the HTC Network Plugin, but there still isn't a setting for lan shares.
19th March 2008, 03:21 AM |#7  
Flag Cluj-Napoca

More
it`s working
awesome stuff.. it works perfectly! next: get a wifi packet sniffer to work on the tornado and i won`t be considering upgrading to a wizard
19th March 2008, 10:32 AM |#8  
OP Member

More
Well, can anyone tell me which cab-version of the plugin you are using? I can't get it to work.
19th March 2008, 02:29 PM |#9  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmz

I copied these dlls to my Windows folder in my Qtek 8310 and installed JUVS HTC Network Plugin mui 0409, but I don't know how to interface with my Windows Network folder shares. I connected to my AP via WiFi and tried using Resco File Explorer to find the shares, but I don't see anything. How exactly am I suppose to install this components and where will I see the interface to the folder shares in my network.

Thanks
19th March 2008, 03:10 PM |#10  
Flag Cluj-Napoca

More
network browser
first you need to map the contact or message button as "fake cursor" , then you must find the file networkplugin.exe in your windows folder and run it. select new and click browse. then use the button mapped as fake cursor to tap the network neighbourhood and browse to the share you want to map. you will be prompted to enter user and password. if you don`t have any just click ok.
(tip: to close the cursor press the home button and then restart networkplugin.exe and you can use the keypad normally). if the share is added successfully you can browse to the "network" folder in the device filesystem.
19th March 2008, 06:54 PM |#11  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v3ng3ance

first you need to map the contact or message button as "fake cursor" , then you must find the file networkplugin.exe in your windows folder and run it. select new and click browse. then use the button mapped as fake cursor to tap the network neighbourhood and browse to the share you want to map. you will be prompted to enter user and password. if you don`t have any just click ok.
(tip: to close the cursor press the home button and then restart networkplugin.exe and you can use the keypad normally). if the share is added successfully you can browse to the "network" folder in the device filesystem.

Thanks... That Worked!!!... The only difference is that I kept the NETUI.DLL that came with NiTroGen's WM6 Platinum SP1 build in the Windows folder as it had a latter date. I just copied the REDIR.DLL and NETBIOS.DLL to the Windows folder. I also put a shortcut to the networkplugin.exe in my Start Menu.

Thanks again
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread