FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[updated] GPS2Clipboard V1.6

306 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By oruam57, Senior Member on 19th March 2008, 12:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
GPS2Clipboard gets the GPS position data and copy them to the clipboard from where they can be pasted to any application with a paste command (for example an SMS or e-mail editor).
As different programs may use different GPS data formats GPS2Clipboard can format them as sexagesimal, fractional, decimal and as a Google Maps link ready to be pasted in an Internet Browser or a Google Kml placemark ready to be used by Google Earth.
Moreover, GPS2Clipboard show visually the quality of the GPS signal to help in obtaining a good position data.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Main.jpg
Views:	1016
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	76831  
Attached Files
File Type: zip GPS2Clipboard.V1.6.zip - [Click for QR Code] (314.9 KB, 1095 views)

19th March 2008, 12:40 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I love the sound if this, Screen shots?

MM
19th March 2008, 05:03 PM |#3  
Flag Amman, Jordan
Thanks Meter: 29

More
minor bug?
very nice little prog.

i hope you can add some config options (port/baud).

i used it and it is very simple and straight to the point, just one bug, it didn't add the minus "-" sign to indicate my location was in the nothern hemisphere.
19th March 2008, 05:54 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Very good idea, how about displaying the coordinates in the program aswell (displaying them in the chosen format)?
19th March 2008, 09:21 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AthenaLod

i hope you can add some config options (port/baud)..

When the default port and buadrate are not ok a Setup button appears and you can change them. At any rate they can be found them under the registry key HKCU/software/GPS2Clipboard

Quote:

it didn't add the minus "-" sign to indicate my location was in the nothern hemisphere.

Ops! Would you kindly post a capture of the screen in this condition (or transcribe the displayed values) and how the values should be correctely displayed.
19th March 2008, 09:22 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by me_

how about displaying the coordinates in the program aswell (displaying them in the chosen format)?

When the fix is available they already are.
19th March 2008, 09:54 PM |#7  
Flag Amman, Jordan

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oruam57

When the default port and buadrate are not ok a Setup button appears and you can change them. At any rate they can be found them under the registry key HKCU/software/GPS2Clipboard

Ops! Would you kindly post a capture of the screen in this condition (or transcribe the displayed values) and how the values should be correctely displayed.

Here is the Google Maps link
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.945...21333&z=14&t=k

should be -83 (i think this would be longitude (east/west greenwich), rather than latitude (north/south equator))
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sshot000.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	76590  
19th March 2008, 09:59 PM |#8  

More
that was funny, i clicked on the link and was a like, WTF you are in the middle of no where... but then i added the - to the 2nd number and it was right on a house.

great program, if the - shows up
19th March 2008, 11:52 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

should be -83 (i think this would be longitude (east/west greenwich), rather than latitude (north/south equator))

Try the new version, hope it works as it should.
20th March 2008, 12:22 AM |#10  

More
It's possible to send the coordinates of a POI in TomTom instead of the GPS position?.

Thank you.
20th March 2008, 01:01 AM |#11  
Flag Amman, Jordan

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oruam57

Try the new version, hope it works as it should.

Looks like you fixed the coordinates, but you broke the copy to clip board feature!

That was when I tried the CAB, but when I tried to copy the exe and the dll, it worked!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)