FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

"Safe" Inbox Extender

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Ken Pendlebury, Junior Member on 22nd March 2008, 06:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
You may already be familiar with the InboxExtender install as it is one of the examples in the WM6 SDK install. This dll is very handy in that it lets you mark an entire folder as read by adding a "Mark All as Read" menu option.

Unfortunately... there is also a very dangerous menu option that is located just a fraction of an inch away. It is labeled "Delete All" and if you accidentally click it, it will without any warning, delete the entire contents of the current MAPI folder.

I have added some code to this dll that places a safety mechanism around the delete functionality. It will simply ask you for verification of your actions before continuing. A simple fix indeed, but makes the dll actually usable.

I have also modified the dll to "unregister" the previous dll (if you had Q Inbox Extender installed). This should have no effect if you had no previous installation.

Instructions:
1.) Copy SafeInboxExtender.cab to your device
2.) Navigate to the cab on your device and click it
3.) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the install
4.) SOFT RESET!
5.) The "Delete All" function should now be safe!

Please let me know how it works for you.
Attached Files
File Type: cab SafeInboxExtender.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (17.5 KB, 7602 views)

22nd March 2008, 06:57 PM |#2  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 11

More
seems to be very handy. will try it later. thanks...
15th November 2008, 07:05 PM |#3  

More
awesome. Thanks for your work.
15th November 2008, 07:40 PM |#4  
Retired Moderator
Flag Jerusalem
Thanks Meter: 330

More
that's really great, i could use that before.

thank you very much
16th November 2008, 01:45 AM |#5  

More
this type of menu editing, could you do the same thing to the calendar menu to add an option or edit a current option?
16th November 2008, 09:25 AM |#6  
Flag Uzbekistan/Fergana
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Nice, Great & Good Job
Thanks Ken Pendlebury Great Job!!!
29th November 2008, 11:42 PM |#7  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Excellent, just started using this, of course only because it took me almost an hour of searching to find. We really need a thread of site devoted to links to all the various programs that have been developed here on xda-dev.

REQ: anybody thinks it would be a great idea if someone can develop a menu extension just like this for the EXIT or Close of a program - for those many programs that force you to use the X/OK button which is really a pain when trying to use one handed.
30th November 2008, 12:01 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Is there anyway to have your messages marked as read via a program execution or maybe a script? Will this program do this?
1st December 2008, 03:14 AM |#9  

More
Thumbs up
This is awesome! What a great idea! I've been using it for a few weeks, and definitely saved myself the annoyance of having to restore all of my text messages after accidentally deleting them!
26th January 2009, 04:03 AM |#10  
Flag Southampton, NY

More
Safe Inbox Extender Much Appreciated!
Absolutely f!@#ing awesome! I have been looking for this for a long time. I have accidentally deleted all of my emails more than once. Thanks.
1st April 2009, 10:18 AM |#11  
Moderator Emeritus- Irish Pride, Spartan Legacy
Flag Belfast, Ireland Likes: Whiskey & XDA Dislikes: No whiskey
Thanks Meter: 5,013

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Pendlebury

You may already be familiar with the InboxExtender install as it is one of the examples in the WM6 SDK install. This dll is very handy in that it lets you mark an entire folder as read by adding a "Mark All as Read" menu option.

Unfortunately... there is also a very dangerous menu option that is located just a fraction of an inch away. It is labeled "Delete All" and if you accidentally click it, it will without any warning, delete the entire contents of the current MAPI folder.

I have added some code to this dll that places a safety mechanism around the delete functionality. It will simply ask you for verification of your actions before continuing. A simple fix indeed, but makes the dll actually usable.

I have also modified the dll to "unregister" the previous dll (if you had Q Inbox Extender installed). This should have no effect if you had no previous installation.

Instructions:
1.) Copy SafeInboxExtender.cab to your device
2.) Navigate to the cab on your device and click it
3.) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the install
4.) SOFT RESET!
5.) The "Delete All" function should now be safe!

Please let me know how it works for you.

Excellent mate, much appreciated. Very useful!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
extender, inbox extender

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)