FORUMS

View Poll Results: How bare bones clean base would you want for cooking?

I want a completely stripped base so I can get max choices of my own packages

134 Vote(s)
49.63%
I want essentials still added in the base so I dont have to worry about adding them

82 Vote(s)
30.37%
I want essentials and a few oem packs added so I would save time adding packages and cooking my rom

46 Vote(s)
17.04%
I want all packages added in the base (I'm too lazy to add anything)

34 Vote(s)
12.59%

[POLL][REF]*SYS Porting Guide*[ONLINE]

1,984 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By Ameet, Retired Moderator on 24th March 2008, 06:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
SYS PORTING GUIDE

Special thanks goes to Monsterfly for helpful guidance on porting SYS to a new build

Inventory:
Tools you will need for porting the SYS

BuildOS+Package Tool by Ervius
G’Reloc Tool by Misar

Procedure:
Use BuildOS+Package tool to dump ORIGINAL ROM and build packages

Copy G'Reloc to the folder where you have original SYS folder
Run it and write down numbers under slot 0, slot 1 and size of rom

Use BuildOS+Package tool again to dump DONOR ROM and build packages

Replace your original SYS folder with Donor's SYS

Run G'Reloc again

Notice that this time numbers under slot 0, slot 1 and size of rom may be different

Just replace them with numbers you got in the firt step

Click »Doit!« and wait till it shows "Done" in the status bar

Use the OEM folder in which you have added ingredients and the XIP fodler that you ported

Info: In some cases you will need to copy WinCENLS_WWE folder to SYS folder (if not present in Donor's SYS) from your original ElfIn SYS otherwise your device will not boot

Build OS in the kitchen of your choice and flash the new build ROM to your device and HAPPY COOKING

Timebomb solution and the boxed closed / ok button solution found here by HTCTouchp
24th March 2008, 06:37 AM |#2  
OP Retired Moderator
Flag Mumbai

More
[POLL][REF]*XIP & SYS Porting Guide*[ONLINE]
XIP Porting Guide (Based on Bepe's Buildxip.exe tool)

More detailed Porting guide on manual XIP Porting can be found here

I have added pictorials in .pdf format at the end of this post. Too many pictures so the .pdf file

Special thanks goes to Ervius for a lot of helpful guidance on porting XIP to a new build

Inventory:
Tools you will need for porting the XIP

BuildOS+Package Tool by Ervius
XIPPort Tool by Bepe
M’Reloc Tool by Misar

Procedure:
To make life more simple, I am attaching the XIP.bin extracted from Kaiser 19209 build ROM by Ervius. Dump the XIP.bin file with XIPPort tool and choose to make packages. Download from here (Rapidshare Folder)

In the OUT folder, ignore or delete all the text files (.txt) These files are created by XIPPort tool only to know the physical addresses and are not required for porting

In files and modules folders, delete all folders except “MSXIPKernel” and “MSXIPKernelTLK” The modules and files from these folders are the only items which are to be ported to make a new build. DO NOT copy or replace any files and modules from OEMXIPKernel, as these are device specific

Now open the BuildOS+Package tool and on packaging page click open with option to choose dump folder. Select your original ElfIn XIP folder (OS 19199) and on right you will see the XIP in its directory structure. Don’t click on build packages (you can’t do it anyways, as package.sof file is not present in the XIP folder) Instead click on “OEMXIPKernel” and then right click to select export package. Choose to save on different location, like your desktop. This is only temporary requirement, just to be on safe side that you still don’t replace any files or modules seen in that folder

Now you copy and replace the files and modules seen in the “MSXIPKernel” and “MSXIPKernelTLK” from the new XIP in your original XIP folder, you need to copy and replace only those items found in your original folders, do not add anything new. Now compare each and every .rgu file from your new XIP with your original XIP and check if they are similar (NOT the .rgu files in “OEMXIPKernel”)

After all the files and modules are replaced and .rgu files checked, run the M’Reloc tool and check the modules addresses from your original XIP with your new XIP (Don’t do anything to the modules located in “OEMXIPKernel”) The addresses have to be similar to your original modules from your original “MSXIPKernel” and “MSXIPKernelTLK” folders

Changing of addresses through M’Reloc is not required if you are using the BuildOS+Package tool for cooking ROMs as Ervius has already included the address relocation system into his tool with BuildXIP

In a nutshell you need to follow the following copying & replacement structure and everything will work:
Original XIP (19199): OEMXIPKernel
Donor XIP (19209): MSXIPKernel and MSXIPKernelTLK

Replace this new XIP folder in ROM in Bepe's WM6.1 Elfin kitchen and cook to get 19209 Build XIP, HAPPY COOKING
Attached Files
File Type: zip XIP Porting Pictorial.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.33 MB, 938 views)
24th March 2008, 06:38 AM |#3  
OP Retired Moderator
Flag Mumbai

More
I have managed to put together a clean Base WM6.1 ROM for Elfin (Touch XL - 128/256) with almost everything removed except the most essential system packages

Please take note, this is a base rom for cooking and not to be directly flashed on the device as it may be unusable. You need to populate the ROM with your choice of packages and the essentials to bring it up to the 50MB limit for making it usable

Link to download the dumped Removed packages: Here

Special thanks to

Bepe for his wonderful kitchen
Noonski for his valuable comments and suggestion all the way
Kokotas for his help in getting rid of the cube

Download Bepe's WM6.1 Kitchen for ElfIn and replace the OEM and SYS folders with yours and cook the OS.nb file

The archived OEM package (dumped and packaged) can be downloaded here

DOWNLOAD HERE (V1)

UPDATE
DOWNLOAD HERE (V2) (Further stripped down OEMApps & OEM_Lang_0409)

20296 MSXIPKERNEL. Mix this with OEMXIPKERNEL and you are ready to cook. Do M'relocing if necessary
Download here: MSXIPKERNEL 20296.zip
24th March 2008, 06:39 AM |#4  
OP Retired Moderator
Flag Mumbai

More
SYS archieve
A. The archived SYS package 19199 buid. DOWNLOAD HERE

Stripped to down basic required

B. SYS ported from 19209 Build. DOWNLOAD HERE (Rapidshare Folder) This archieve is from my new ROM (XIP and SYS Ported to new build) Removed packages as per above ist

C. 19588 Build ROM Dump (OEM, SYS & XIP) DOWNLOAD HERE. Thanks to Koko for sharing this archieve (SYS, OEM & XIP)
24th March 2008, 07:10 AM |#5  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Hi Abrabekar,

You really came in the right time! I'm about to remove all the unnecessary apps inside Elfin original ROM and now you came with WM6.1

You really save my time, many thanks to you!

Cheers,
Vibranze
24th March 2008, 07:12 AM |#6  
Flag Singapore

More
Deleted! Double post.
24th March 2008, 08:13 AM |#7  
Flag Guangzhou
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
well im just waiting for another version wm6.1 ROM for elfin~at least after swiftblade and couldyfa's~ any updated wm6.1 ROM for elfin is welcome! `cheers~
24th March 2008, 12:40 PM |#8  
OP Retired Moderator
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnQ

well im just waiting for another version wm6.1 ROM for elfin~at least after swiftblade and couldyfa's~ any updated wm6.1 ROM for elfin is welcome! `cheers~

@JohnQ.. this is not an upgrade to swiftblade's or cloudyfa's wonderful roms but just a clean base rom for everyone to cook have more personalised options
24th March 2008, 01:46 PM |#9  
Flag Singapore

More
Hi Ababrekar,

Yeah, but how I supposed to populate the SYS and OEM folder? Or to be precised, how should I continue from your OS.nb file?

Cheers,
Vibranze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ababrekar

@JohnQ.. this is not an upgrade to swiftblade's or cloudyfa's wonderful roms but just a clean base rom for everyone to cook have more personalised options

24th March 2008, 02:07 PM |#10  
OP Retired Moderator
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibranze

Hi Ababrekar,

Yeah, but how I supposed to populate the SYS and OEM folder? Or to be precised, how should I continue from your OS.nb file?

Cheers,
Vibranze

you need to populate the rom by adding your choice of packages. the essentials out the removed list would be phone dialer, commanager, bluetooth, netcf, audio manager. also you need to add files so the final cooked os.nb file is above 50mb limit
24th March 2008, 05:01 PM |#11  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 148

Donate to Me
More
Don't Mind Vibranze he allready is running his own Rom...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)