FORUMS

P3300 Housing cover on O2 Orbit???

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By hcosta, Junior Member on 31st March 2008, 06:41 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
Hi, I'm from Portugal and I have an O2 Orbit and I need a new housing cover, but since the O2 isn't on sale in Portugal I was wondering if it is possible to use an HTC P3300 cover instead??? Anyone tried this already???
31st March 2008, 07:16 PM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up I might be able to help.
is the cover your after for the battery.. if so pm me and i can send you one out. its an old one i had from my old uk 02 Orbit. Im not sure if the p3300 will fit. maybe some one else can help you, but I dont mind sending it out ya,it's just sat here doing nothing, its is a little worn on the silver bits but better than nothing
31st March 2008, 11:52 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
mavisdavis - Actually I was thinking about the whole cover, battery front and back, but in fact the worst part is the battery cover... If you say you have a battery cover that you don't use and it isn't any trouble to you to send it to me, I'll sure be thankful!!! I'll pay for the ports of course... If so PM me, ok???

Nevertheless my question remains, is it possible to use a P3300 cover in a O2 Orbit???

Thanks in advance

Hugo Costa
1st April 2008, 12:40 PM |#4  
Jester01's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Tha Toon
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
The answer to your question is YES, the P3300 housing does fit the xda Orbit, I had one on mine, I still have it and can sell it to you ?
2nd April 2008, 12:56 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Again thank you very much for your reply, Think I'll be trying one then...

Jester01 - Also thank you very much for your offer but I think the postal costs will be too high to make it worth sending the cover from UK to Portugal...

Nevertheless PM me with your offer, we never know...

Regards
3rd April 2008, 01:46 PM |#6  
Jester01's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Tha Toon
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcosta

Again thank you very much for your reply, Think I'll be trying one then...

Jester01 - Also thank you very much for your offer but I think the postal costs will be too high to make it worth sending the cover from UK to Portugal...

Nevertheless PM me with your offer, we never know...

Regards

Can't imagine postage to be that much, as these are very light, I would accept £30.00 gbp for it, it is in very good condition and I will include 3 stili as they are different to the orbit one's.
3rd April 2008, 07:19 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Lima
Thanks Meter: 8
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester01

The answer to your question is YES, the P3300 housing does fit the xda Orbit, I had one on mine, I still have it and can sell it to you ?

How can you that? XDA Orbit have a locker for the Battery cover, and the p3300 doesnt have, so the extUSB is not in the same position
4th April 2008, 10:13 AM |#8  
Jester01's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Tha Toon
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryomahino

How can you that? XDA Orbit have a locker for the Battery cover, and the p3300 doesnt have, so the extUSB is not in the same position

Sorry to say, but it's the same mother board, so check before you post !

And I've had a p3300 oem HTC housing on my orbit for the past few months, yes you are correct with the battery lock, but that's an addition 02 have added.
8th April 2008, 07:35 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
does it work vise-versa too? will a xda orbit housing fit with no-hassle on a p3300??

thanx
9th April 2008, 04:25 PM |#10  
Jester01's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Tha Toon
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elatirio

does it work vise-versa too? will a xda orbit housing fit with no-hassle on a p3300??

thanx

elatirio
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Couldn't say for definate, but logic states it should as I said I have an Orbit, and used a p3300 housing on it, so there is no reason why it shouldn't work the other way round.

You are just using the components inside and none of the phones original plastics, i.e. you only swap the motherboard, lcd, vibration motor, front earpiece and rear speaker.

You have to also use a different stilus, as they are shaped on the end different.

Hope this helps.

=== The Jester ===
9th April 2008, 04:50 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester01

elatirio
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Couldn't say for definate, but logic states it should as I said I have an Orbit, and used a p3300 housing on it, so there is no reason why it shouldn't work the other way round.

You are just using the components inside and none of the phones original plastics, i.e. you only swap the motherboard, lcd, vibration motor, front earpiece and rear speaker.

You have to also use a different stilus, as they are shaped on the end different.

Hope this helps.

=== The Jester ===

makes sense. thanks for the feedback
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes