[UPDATED 23APR08] Charmer TouchFLO WM6 German Version 3.2 - by Ridingshark

74 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By ridingshark, Member on 1st April 2008, 07:23 AM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
DEVELOPMENT DISCONTINUED

VERSION Beta 3.2 is out, see end of this post

Hello to all Charmer users.

This is a another German ROM for Charmer (MDA II Compact).

Thanks to gullum and vlodeck for the base ROMs and the permission to re-cook.
see this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=323979

Also thanks to mschmitz for the idea, the work he put into his German ROM - see this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=331142, for providing the link to the “how-to translate” and for inspiring me to cook the “perfect” ROM (at least for my purposes).

My idea/goal is to gain as much Memory as possible by keeping ROM small as Charmer gets remarkable slower if usable MEM goes below 15MB.

Future Plans:
This ROM: I will try to get it stable and "entirely" German. Thereafter:
New ROM: I plan to cook a slim “base” ROM and let the user decide what to install (e.g. only “Tastatur” installed, rest can be de-installed by user).

This is the first stable version as I did not publish Beta 1 – 2 due to unsolved items (that are solved now in this beta 3).

Now what’s the difference to vlodecks English and mschmitz German ROM:

I implemented “real” German Inputs, so all English versions all DLLs have been removed to save space (e.g. in mschmitz ROM you will have “Keyboard” and “Tastatur” which causes selection troubles).
Input Method Selection therefore does not require “tricks” anymore and works like expected. I anyways included IM Selector (see below).

Following Programs are NOT included in my ROM compared to vlodeck and mschmitz:

- Some Themes:
Black Light.tsk
Black Satin.tsk
Wm_black2.tsk

- Ringtone: Ring-WindowsMobile .wma

- Some Freeware (download and install it if you need it)
Call Firewall
Group SMS Application
Jeodek Java
WM5torage
PHM Regedit (as Taskmanager provides the best Registry Editor I know)

- VoIP (Voice over IP)
If you need VoIP you will find a Folder “Voice over IP” in RAR File. Simply install both cab Files and you have VoIP – will take about 2MB space.

Programs that ARE INCLUDED in ROM:

- All German Inputs (removed all english DLLs)
- pBar (new Version 1.5 iso 1.4 like in Vlodecks), good Task manager with battery monitor, etc
- kbdddr.dll (Charmer kbddrv as Vlodeck uses Prophet)
- allblack.tsk: (This is a black Theme which also removes „WM6 Shiny/Glossy bars”, so this is a real flat black theme, e.g. use for iPhone Skin)
- PPCPIMBackup (new Version). Backup your Contacts, Phonelist, SMS, etc..
- IM Selector (You can choose a an input method that is Standard after Soft reboot. Standard is now “Tastatur”)
- Phonepad (Intellipad) GER/ENG only, I removed all other Languages (like Greek to save space)
- wince.nls (exchanged from Prophet Version to Charmer Version – Needed for ActiveSync over MS Exchange Server)
- MMS Templates translated to German
- Icons for Program Folders
- Filedialog changer
- Task Manger by dotfred (including a Registry Editor)

How to:

My checklist how to flash your Charmer to WM6 can be found here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=363882

Thereafter be sure to READ vlodecks HowTo and see screenshots of (english version) WM6 for Charmer!!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=323979
You will also find a working ROM to flash back to WM5 here.

ATTENTION:
It may happen get an error (like: cannot replace file, maybe in use, or similar)after running "Upgrade_ROM.bat".
No worries, in this case copy "EnableRapi.cab" and "Cert_SPCS.cab" to your device if not allready there and install them by clicking on it in File Explorer. Then re-run "Upgrade_ROM.bat" and it should work.

On my Charmer the ROM is stable without any problems. If you crash your device, its YOUR fault and own responsibility.

Please do not ask how to flash a ROM or where to find ROMs or programs, etc in this thread, see links above. If you are not sure what you do, its better not to do it.
If you find any bugs, please report.
Have fun
Ridingshark
---------
New Version Beta 3.2 is out.

Download Version Beta 3.2 at: http://www.file-upload.net/download-...a_3.2.rar.html
Pass is: wm6

ATTENTION – UPGRADE INFORMATION GENERAL and when you flash my ROM for the first time:
(German: ACHTUNG: Bei jedem UPGRADE und wenn Du mein ROM das erste mal auf Dein Gerät spielst).
Do not forget to Flash back to WM5 before you upgrade from another WM6 Version and read the HOW-TOs!!.

Speicherkarte/Storage Card Info - Wichtig: For System Compatibility to english Versions the "Speicherkarte" is called Storage Card in my ROM (as we often switch/test from english to German versions and v.v).
If you flash from a German WM5 ROM, you might have problems after restoring your personal data as "Speicherkarte" is named "Storage Card" (e.g. Installed Programs, etc.).
To solve this you can edit this registry item:
go to Taskmanager/RegEdit [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\ SDMemory] and change "Folder"="Storage Card" to: "Folder"="Speicherkarte".
But be carefull: If everything worked OK for you with "Storage Card" (e.g. you had an english version before) and you rename "Storage Card" to "Speicherkarte" later on, you also have to change all Registry References (Installed Programs, etc.) and Shortcuts to "Speicherkarte"!!

ATTENTION – UPGRADE INFORMATION FROM MY PREVIOUS BETA VERSION 3.0 (3) or 3.1:
(German: ACHTUNG: NUR wenn Du schon mein ROM 3.0 oder 3.1 auf Deinem Gerät hast).
An GERMAN upgrade Guide is enclosed with the RAR File (“Upgrade Anleitung WM6 ROM Beta 3.2.pdf”). Please read (Bitte unbedingt lesen).
There is one error in this file: When deleteing the COMM Destinations in my file you should go to "HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Destinations" not to "HKCU\Comm\ConnMgr\Destinations". This is important, if you have german and english COMM Info, you will have Problems setting up a Connection.

Changelog:

Changes Version 3.2
- Solved all bugs reported so far (reported until 21-04-2008)
- fixed SMS and WebMail bug (text was vertical or no body at all)
- Translated all reported to German (except 3rd party software as e.g. “Soft Key” and “Bluetooth Explorer” and “Filedialogchanger”).
- translated Pocket Office Templates to German (dotx. xmlx)
- added Filedialog changer.
- added Task Manger by "dotfred" (including a better Registry Editor)
- removed PHM Regeditor
- replaced Mobilcalculator (thanks to cyberdel)
- replaced pxl.exe (Pocket Excel) as there was an error
- replaced Batterystatus with new Version
- Windows Helpfiles will be installed after Hard Reset and can be de-installed by user (save around 1MB)

Changes Version 3.1
- Cube is working now (one wrong Registry entry detected)
- Hardware Buttons bug for Contacts and Calender (Button 1 & 2) fixed.
- All HTML Help Files translated to German now.
- All Settings reported by “Staubsauger” translated to German
- Folder “My Documents/TEMPLATES” removed, only “My Documents/VORLAGEN” will be there.
- Folder “Office Mobile” only once in “Startmenu/Programme” (Attn Staubsauger: The “Microsoft Office” Folder is from your Restore, I think – delete manually)
- Wireless Service Monitor back to ROM (as this is required for SDIO Wireless, also exists in WM5 – T-Mobile ROM)
- Links für Messenger und WLMLauncher added
- replaced German “folderview.exe” and lnk (in “\Windows” directory) - Displays the “Programme” Folder. Original HTC displayed wrong folder
- added settings.exe and lnk (in “\Windows” directory) - Displays the “Einstellungen” Panel
- removed WM5Torage. (install if you need, I dont)
cyberdel
1st April 2008, 09:21 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
wow great a new release. i am very happy, that in this release are non-usual-programs like wifi, voip, etc deleted to save memory. GREAT.
But is there also a new Build of Windows? Maybe you can cook it? Thanks anyways for the new release
1st April 2008, 10:49 AM |#3  

More
Yummie, great work, ridingshark!
Excellent ROM without to much of the 'senseless' stuff in it!
Looking forward to your "base"-ROM!
6th April 2008, 02:17 PM |#4  

More
@ridingshark:

Some "bugs"...
  • It seems that the 'Touch Cube' doesn't work! The Cube can't be activate by draging from top bar straight to the bottom but sometimes by touching one of the Softbuttons the Cube activates itself!
  • There are two Office-folders ('Microsoft Office' & 'Office Mobile')
  • There are still some non-german system-parts
    • [Start-Einstellungen-Persönlich-Telefon-PIN2 & More]
    • [Start-Einstellungen-Persönlich-Tasten-Lock]
    • [Start-Einstellungen-Verbindungen-Bluetooth-FTP]
    • [Start-Einstellungen-Verbindungen-GPRS Settings]
    • [Start-Einstellungen-Verbindungen-Network Wizard]
    • [Start-Einstellungen-Verbindungen-Wireless LAN] (Is this feature really necessary?)
    • [Start-Programme-Hilfe]
    • [Start-Programme-Kalendar] --> should better be Kalender
Anyway, great work!!!
7th April 2008, 07:31 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Vienna

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubsauger

@ridingshark:

Some "bugs"...

• It seems that the 'Touch Cube' doesn't work! The Cube can't be activate by draging from top bar straight to the bottom but sometimes by touching one of the Softbuttons the Cube activates itself!
  • There are two Office-folders ('Microsoft Office' & 'Office Mobile')
  • There are still some non-german system-parts
    • [Start-Einstellungen-Persönlich-Telefon-PIN2 & More]
    • [Start-Einstellungen-Persönlich-Tasten-Lock]
    • [Start-Einstellungen-Verbindungen-Bluetooth-FTP]
    • [Start-Einstellungen-Verbindungen-GPRS Settings]
    • [Start-Einstellungen-Verbindungen-Network Wizard]
    • [Start-Einstellungen-Verbindungen-Wireless LAN] (Is this feature really necessary?)
    • [Start-Programme-Hilfe]
    • [Start-Programme-Kalendar] --> should better be Kalender
Anyway, great work!!!

Hello Staubsauger *g*
Thanks for inputs. Strange, did not have any problems with Cube.
After hardreset i tested this, slided down and it started. I have it disabled in my Charmer (no need), but it should work.
Will check.
Thanks
9th April 2008, 01:15 PM |#6  

More
Great work, best rom I think

But, I have the same problem with cube like staubsauger said. :/
9th April 2008, 02:18 PM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Vienna

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB83

Great work, best rom I think

But, I have the same problem with cube like staubsauger said. :/

OK, think i have found the problem.
A bugfixed and extended version beta 3.1 for all above will come next week latest (hope)
Regards R
9th April 2008, 09:47 PM |#8  

More
Very nice to hear this
Wish you best luck for the next version and hope it comes soon

German part:
Irgendwie verwundernd, dass man in nem Thread über ne deutsche Firmware in englisch schreibt, oder nicht?! ^^
Schön zu hören dass du an ner neuen Version arbeitest. Wünsch dir viel Glück für die nächste Beta, freu mich schon auf das ultimative Flash

*** german part included 'cause my not soo good english knownledgement
14th April 2008, 02:17 PM |#9  

More
Yeah!!!
@ ridingshark: Great work!

Just a few things:
  • Using SKTools 4, I found one wrong link (it is a ROM-File, so no chance for me to correct it): "\Windows\Start Clean.lnk" referes to "\Program Files\Startclean\startclean.exe" instead to "\Windows\StartClean.exe". (see screenshot_1.jpg)
  • At the "Telefon"-screen there is "Contacts" instead of "Kontakte" (see screenshot_2.jpg) and the "Smart-Dialing-Options" are still non german (see screenshot_3.jpg)
btw: How long did it took you to cook this ROM? I would love to cook my own ROM but i haven't enough time to test, modify, test again, modify again, aso -> so i hope, that you will cook the ultimate german ROM for Charmer!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_1.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	81120   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	81121   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_3.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	81122  
14th April 2008, 02:53 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Some problems...
  • USB charging is not working
  • Time and date of text messages are not displayed correctly, the message body itself is alright
14th April 2008, 04:10 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by youser

Some problems...

• USB charging is not working
  • Time and date of text messages are not displayed correctly, the message body itself is alright

Yes, you're right! Haven't seen, that I've got the same problem with messages!
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread