Organic Lock 0.8.1.5
The whole point of the program is to unlock you device not with some alphanumeric sequence or a simple key combination, but with a sequence/pattern of points on screen. I'm sure it was done before by somebody, but I didn't find anything and wanted to write my own.
The app consists of 2 main parts (separate programs): the lock part (Organic), the configurator (Technic).
The app works as an addition to a standard locker (and possibly any other, that properly sets lock flag in registry). It starts immediately when standart locker unlocks the screen. Then the sequence entering screen is shown, where you need to repeat the configured sequence by taping the moving shapes (or a static picture).
Device can be automatically locked after soft-reset (configurable).
Going to check compatibility/add with different screen lockers (like S2U2) in future versions.
Locker does not consume any resources while screen is locked. It is only activated when unlock is initiated.
Current version is in beta stage, so chances are there might be some quirks here and there.
Would be nice if somebody tested it on various devices and reported how it performs.
- no idea, but probably something relatively fast
- QVGA/Vertical only for now
- WM 6 Classic/Professional (WM 5 issues being fixed)
- GAPI (gx.dll)
- .NET CF 2.0 for the configurator (other apps are native).
Just run the .cab from you device and then configure the app with Technic.
Do not install to storage card.
How to use
Run the configurator (Technic) to configure the sequence (5-10 points), accuracy, speed and unlocker type.
Lock screen with a standard locker and after taping unlock, you need to repeat your sequence by taping the moving shapes in the unlocker screen. Letter in the top left corner shows which point will need to be entered next. After 3 unsuccessful attempts or after 15 secs of inactivity, app returns to locker screen.
End Call returns to lock screen.
In case fill like there's a chance you will get yourself locked out of your device, there's an option to create a special 'panic' file. In case you actually forget your sequence, you can copy it to storage card and unlock. Keep it in a safe location.
- New unlocker - Static picture with absolute positioning (others have relative).
- Config stored in program folder now.
- A bit more user friendly configurator. Shows order of entered points with letters. Loads previous settings.
- Possibility to unlock device with a special 'panic' key.
- Letters are shown instead of numbers in unlocker screen.
- Option to automatically lock after soft-reset.
- Slightly different Checkers unlocker.
- Accuracy (difficulty) increased.
- Device is now automatically locked after soft-reset (not optional).
- Using GAPI instead of closed-source PocketHAL libs (so you need gx.dll)
- Removed both locker screens
- Added another unlocker screen (Checkers)
- Works with standard screen locker (and possibly any other, that properly sets lock flag in registry). This needs to be checked with other lockers' authors (in future version).
- Number of points can now be from 5 to 10.
- Installable .cab instead of .zip
- .NET CF 3.5 dependencies replaced with 2.0
- First version released on xda-developers
Reported to work on
HTC Touch Cruise
Report if it works or does not on your device