FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Insert Contacts v1.01

1,099 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By oldsap, Senior Member on 8th April 2008, 04:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

Insert contact numbers when composing SMS messages.

I created this simple application because sometimes when i send contact details to other phones using vcard, they cannot seem to receive it. Also, it's very frustrating to copy/paste contact details from the contacts window to the new sms window.

I hope this will help other members too

Download it HERE

8th April 2008, 04:32 AM |#2  
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,012

Donate to Me
More
great work..i some times have need for it
12th April 2008, 12:32 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi Oldsap,

I appreciate the work. I actually use this old version from Ondrej at airfagev that was built for WM2003 I believe but works perfectly on WM 6.1. I like it because it adds an option in the main contacts area on the menu bar itself (not a separate application). Here's the description:

This free Contacts Add-On has been inspired by RJV SendContact. Since the SendContact has many drawbacks like you can't use T9 search from list of Contacts, etc., Ondrej has developed this and shared it to airfagev as a freeware.

After installing the app, you should see Send via email/SMS added to your contacts menu. This utility also allows you to select which contact info you want to send like Name, Mobile No., Work No., etc. Thanks to Ondrej.
Attached Files
File Type: cab contacts_menu.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (33.4 KB, 55 views)
13th April 2008, 09:43 PM |#4  
Flag Ayrshire
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hey oldsap, thanks muchly for the Insert Contacts app, it's certainly easier than faffing about trying to copy & paste!

gadgetshrink, i've installed the contacts menu app a few times on WM6 Touch but cannot find anyway to activate / use it on the phone...

any help? maybe i'm missing something?
14th April 2008, 12:23 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr J

hey oldsap, thanks muchly for the Insert
gadgetshrink, i've installed the contacts menu app a few times on WM6 Touch but cannot find anyway to activate / use it on the phone...

any help? maybe i'm missing something?

same here. didn't work on my dash
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)