Thanks Meter: 0

By newbie1221, Senior Member on 20th April 2008, 06:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
SNN Diamond Edition
Windows Mobile 6.1 ROM
[Stylus.Not.Needed]

UC CAPABLE ROM

INTRO:

Hey guys, its been a while since i've made a posting here. Well i'm sad to inform all that i no longer have a wizard. I was working on releasing a new ROM but didn't get to finish it. I was however able to put together a "new" theme based on the new HTC Diamond. I put together alot of the new stuff floating around these forums into the same build as before. This version of SNN is UC Capable, meaning you can install cab files and load your own personal settings on the intial boot by taking advantage of the UC feature. Not sure what UC, or User Customization is all about Then click on THIS to read more about UC and how you can make it work for you.

To give you all a sample of how UC works, I have included a sample of it in the SNN Diamond rar file. The sample is located in folder (1). I included instructions on how to set it up, so make sure you click on folder (1) before clicking on folder (2) if you want to take advantage of this feature.

NOTE: Using UC is NOT a requirement, it is meant to supplement more advanced users that want to make setting up personal preferences easier. You can bypass using this feature and just flash the ROM itself the same way you would any other ROM. The nk.nbf file and flashing tools are in folder (2).

Base ROM:

CE OS 5.2.19209 (Build 19209.1.0.2) THANKS VILLABOY25 couldn't of done it without your port.

Fixes/Changes from 3.1:
  • Diamond.tsk new
  • Diamond themed Keyboard new
  • Diamond themed Dialpad new
  • Diamond themed Comm Manager new
  • Diamond themed S2U2 new
  • Diamond themed Audio Manager new
  • Diamond themed HTC Home Plug-in new
  • Included some new sounds from HTC Diamond. new

SNN Diamond Edition
  • Advanced Configuration
  • Bt Crawler
  • Battery Status
  • Glossy Black Bars
  • Internet Sharing
  • Mobile Bluetooth
  • Network Wizard
  • PBar
  • PIM Backup
  • Pocket RAR
  • SIM Manager
  • WM5storage
  • HButton
  • S2U2
  • Clear Temp
  • Oxios CloseApps
  • Oxios Hibernater
  • Pocket Screen
  • Quick Clear
  • SMS Selector
  • Today's INFO
  • Audio Manager
  • 1 Calculator lite
  • Camera Album
  • PS Shut XP
  • System Manager
  • Task Manager
  • ArcSoft MMS v 4281
  • Excel Mobile 2007
  • Notes
  • One Note Mobile 2007
  • Power Point Mobile 2007
  • Word Mobile 2007
  • CorePlayer (installed if UC is set up)
  • HTC Home Customizer (installed if UC is set up)

Screen Shots:

Special Thanks to:

VILLABOY25 for porting this excellent base ROM
Anichillus for Hypercore Kitchen
A_C for S2U2
Empex for Diamond themes
Pauldgroot for Diamond dialpad theme
Gullum for Diamond keyboard
Papamopps for Custom Audio/Comm Manager
Ervius for his package support
Original creators of programs I incorporated into this rom
(Your Name) for trying my ROM and sharing your feedback.

Download:

SNN Diamond Edition DOWNLOAD

Final Note:

I accept no responsibility for any damages that maybe done onto your phone by using/attemping to use this ROM. This ROM has been flashed succesfully onto my CID & SIM locked G4 using SoftSPL.The nk.nbf file only contains OS and splash screens. No IPL/SPL. So it is G4 safe. Please read the "READ ME" file included in flashing tools. If you are new to flashing I strongly recommend reading the stickies in regards to flashing a new rom onto your device in order to avoid any damages.

20th April 2008, 06:11 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag BOSTON, MA

More
SNN Edition Version 3.1
Windows Mobile 6.1 ROM
[Stylus.Not.Needed]

UC CAPABLE ROM

INTRO:

Okay guys this version maybe my last of this series for a while. I am finally satisfied with this version of my ROM and I've pretty much corrected some of the minor bugs/requests from all of you that have tried and/or use my ROM. As my heading states, this version of SNN is now UC Capable, meaning you can install cab files and load your own personal settings on the intial boot by taking advantage of the UC feature. Not sure what UC, or User Customization is all about Then click on THIS to read more about UC and how you can make it work for you.

To give you all a sample of how UC works, I have included a sample of it in the SNN 3.1 rar file. The sample is located in folder (1). I included instructions on how to set it up, so make sure you click on folder (1) before clicking on folder (2) if you want to take advantage of this feature.

NOTE: Using UC is NOT a requirement, it is meant to supplement more advanced users that want to make setting up personal preferences easier. You can bypass using this feature and just flash the ROM itself the same way you would any other ROM. The nk.nbf file and flashing tools are in folder (2).

Base ROM:

CE OS 5.2.19209 (Build 19209.1.0.2) THANKS VILLABOY25 couldn't of done it without your port.

Fixes/Changes from 3.0:
  • UC Compliant.
  • Created shorcuts for all Office Mobile applications.
  • Included CAPS indicator for hard keyboard.
  • Fixed Custom weather settings on HTC Home plug-in.
  • Included Softkey changer.
  • Upgraded Arcsoft MMS to version 4281. (thanks pumpiron 579)
  • Included Battery Status.
  • Included SMS switcher for text messaging preference.
  • Included another custom made s2u2 theme.
  • Included a personal .tsk file.
  • Changed splash screens.
  • HTC Home plugin with "Black Gloss" icons.
  • Included some new apps.

SNN version 3.1
  • Advanced Configuration
  • App Sentry
  • Bt Crawler
  • Battery Status
  • Call2Contact
  • Glossy Black Bars
  • Internet Sharing
  • Mobile Bluetooth
  • Network Wizard
  • PBar
  • PIM Backup
  • Pocket RAR
  • SIM Manager
  • WM5storage
  • HButton
  • S2U2
  • Call Firewall
  • Clear Temp
  • Oxios CloseApps
  • Oxios Hibernater
  • Pocket Screen
  • Quick Clear
  • SMS Selector
  • Today's INFO
  • Audio Manager
  • 1 Calculator lite
  • Camera Album
  • PS Shut XP
  • System Manager
  • Task Manager
  • ArcSoft MMS v 4281
  • Excel Mobile 2007
  • Notes
  • One Note Mobile 2007
  • Power Point Mobile 2007
  • Word Mobile 2007
  • HTC Touch Dial pad
  • HTC Touch Comm Manager
  • HTC Touch Keyboard
  • CorePlayer (installed if UC is set up)
  • HTC Home Customizer (installed if UC is set up)

Screen Shots:

Special Thanks to:

VILLABOY25 for porting this excellent base ROM
Anichillus for Hypercore Kitchen
AJC2003 for helping me edit the build version
PUMPiron579 for updated ArcSoft MMS cab
Polleke-MF for sharing Cab file
GrinMINDED for answering user questions.
Alex from kaiser forum for his packages
Ervius for his package support
Original creators of programs I incorporated into this rom
(Your Name) for trying my ROM and sharing your feedback.

Download:

SNN Version 3.1 UC Compatible

Final Note:

I accept no responsibility for any damages that maybe done onto your phone by using/attemping to use this ROM. This ROM has been flashed succesfully onto my CID & SIM locked G4 using SoftSPL.The nk.nbf file only contains OS and splash screens. No IPL/SPL. So it is G4 safe. Please read the "READ ME" file included in flashing tools. If you are new to flashing I strongly recommend reading the stickies in regards to flashing a new rom onto your device in order to avoid any damages.

Recommended Cabs
  • Coreplayer: Substitue for Windows Media Player. It can be installed on storage card to save internal memory although installing to your device is best practice for stability.
  • WST Windows Service Tool: An all purpose app for the wizard. Can read and alter some device settings. Most useful for changing page pool to free up program memory space. INFO and DOWNLOAD here.
  • TCMP The Core Media Player: Another media player. Can play video and music. Size is smaller than Coreplayer although layout is not as "flashy".
  • HTC Home Customizer: Best app for customizing the HTC Home Plug-in. There are multiple themes and icons to pick from to make your phone all your own. Download from HERE.

NOTE: If your are flashing ROM with UC stuff then Coreplayer and HTC Home Plug-in customizer will not be needed.
Attached Files
File Type: cab tcpmp.pocketpc.0.72RC1.cab - [Click for QR Code] (1.29 MB, 839 views)
20th April 2008, 06:11 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag BOSTON, MA

More
one more just in case
20th April 2008, 06:28 AM |#4  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2

More
looks great....i am a big fan of your roms newbie.
just one request , is it possible to change the dialer to duffys?
i dont like the htc dialer...especially the smart dial on it...
if i install a cab file over and above your inbstalled dialler, it does function but very slowly...
do u think you can put an alternative to this rom with duffys dialler?
would appreciate it a lot.
i am going to flash this rom today...downloading now, and i will give you feedback asap.
cheers
krazy
20th April 2008, 06:49 AM |#5  
Flag Westminster, CO

More
Looks good. Last version is working out great.

(Did you add the help lnk to this version?)
20th April 2008, 07:46 AM |#6  

More
Talking
did you fix the window media player bug and put it back .?
20th April 2008, 07:54 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Congratulations I am sure this is a great rom that has been created
20th April 2008, 02:00 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag BOSTON, MA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydude

looks great....i am a big fan of your roms newbie.
just one request , is it possible to change the dialer to duffys?
i dont like the htc dialer...especially the smart dial on it...
if i install a cab file over and above your inbstalled dialler, it does function but very slowly...
do u think you can put an alternative to this rom with duffys dialler?
would appreciate it a lot.
i am going to flash this rom today...downloading now, and i will give you feedback asap.
cheers
krazy

i can make a rom specifically with that dialer if you can post the cab you used i can see if i can create an OEM folder of it and cook it into a rom. If the only thing you dont like on the HTC dialer is the smart dial you can just turn it off in menu> smart dialing options.
20th April 2008, 02:03 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag BOSTON, MA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NearDenver

Looks good. Last version is working out great.

(Did you add the help lnk to this version?)

I did not add the help.ink to this version, i didn't even know it was missing. Did you post that in the 3.0 thread, if you did i must of missed it. Sorry
20th April 2008, 02:13 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag BOSTON, MA

More
Thanks, character i can finally flash your ROM and see how it compares to your inital release of AMP, i'm done trying to tweak my ROM for now.
20th April 2008, 02:19 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag BOSTON, MA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodguy0118

did you fix the window media player bug and put it back .?

I haven't fixed that bug, i've really exhausted myself out trying to figure out what the problem is. It maybe the fact that i have an app included in the ROM that messes around with its playback. (It's the only conclusion i can come up with) Anyways, i dont have enough time to remove every app i included one by one nor do i have the patience to flash my phone every time just to see if my hunch is true.

I've included Windows Media Player but i removed the shortcut for it because i wouldn't want you guys being misled into thinking that the problem was fixed. Like in previous releases sometimes it plays the complete song, or times it only play the "intro" part.

You can access Windows Media player via HTC home plug-in through the "lanch music player" tab. Secondly it is located in the windows folder, just use file explorer and create a shortcut if you so please.

If anyone comes up will a solution to this issue please share your fix, you will forever beGLORIFIED for being the best trouble shooter in the world because i've pretty much given up hope for a possible fix.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)