[Updated 26-Sep-2009] CRCs Release 13.5 - Stable Thread (Build 20270)

Search This thread
Freezing after HTC home. I installed HTC home and customizer via DU. After that, I couldn't use my phone. It froze every 5 minutes. I removed them both and it's now ok. Is there an issue with this?

Rom Performance is very good, but it have some disadventages, I've uninstalled Office, voice commander and most of unused apps - keeping only HTC Home & battery status - effect?- only 20-22 mb of free ram, even after Hard Reset (I've tought it was only an error/memory leak) I've also had some hangs (SR required) - install JUVS HTC Home, I'm using it right now with no problems.

@chasx003

IGO8 will work but you must run it in landscape mode (via config file) and then change back to portrait via program settings - you have to do it only once. Worked for me.

Last edited:

MrGAN

Nov 20, 2006
Munich
Perfect ROM - Love IT!!!

Just 2 small things:
- Encryption is not working, I can not switch it on, after I ticked it and go back its off again
- I got used to the build in vibra switch (pressing Button 3 and hold) for years now - its the first ROM I flashed where it is missing. I will try to install the vibra.cab and the softbutton changer and see if I can fix it that way...

Besides that: GREAT ROM!!!!!! THX CRC!!!!
Any I feel sorry for your Grandpa, Grandpas are always special....

eyupwolf

Jan 27, 2008
Yorkshire
Perfect ROM - Love IT!!!

Just 2 small things:
- Encryption is not working, I can not switch it on, after I ticked it and go back its off again
- I got used to the build in vibra switch (pressing Button 3 and hold) for years now - its the first ROM I flashed where it is missing. I will try to install the vibra.cab and the softbutton changer and see if I can fix it that way...

Besides that: GREAT ROM!!!!!! THX CRC!!!!
Any I feel sorry for your Grandpa, Grandpas are always special....

Cheers for notification and thanks guys who replied before.

davey33

Aug 27, 2008
middlesbrough
problems with release 13.0

After a few months of work, here comes Stable Release 13!

The change log is as follows:
Release 13.0 (02 Sept 2008):
* NEW: Naked build now available.
* NEW: Naked Big Storage build now available.
* NEW: Device Update - keeps your device up to date with apps and things.
* Removed all but default theme. Install more via Device Update
* Fixed blgloss theme issues (thanks to augrunt)
* Few minor graphical tweaks
* Tweaked file cache, glyph cache etc for hopefully a bit more performance.
* Fixed issue with non-advanced mode in ActiveSync
* Cooked in .Net Framework 3.5 into all builds
* Fixed start menu problems (thanks abusalza)
* Fixed multi-selection of messages in tmail.exe (Email Application)
* Fixed the disappearing act with the taskbar and HTC X Button
* Removed SQM
* Added IrDA stack
* Found errror in coredll.dll that stopped Windows Live Search from working correctly.
* Re-ported XIP from Kaiser to correct corruption in coredll.dll and possibly others
* Windows Live Search tested ok.
* Removed useless Zip Viewer from Office CAB
* Defaulted OBEX transfers to ON (previously this was OFF)
* Removed Bluetooth FTP Client (Who really uses this? )
* Repack Office 2007 to hopefully fix some issues.
* Reduce X-Button auto-close threshold to 2Mb free RAM (Thanks hardcore)
* Ported Windows Mobile 6.1 build 20270
* Ported XIP build 20270 from Kaiser

Grab it now and happy flashing! :)

hi just installed your stable release 13.0 everything was working fine until i installed some htc stuff through the update manager when i installed the screen with the sliding arrow on after asking me for reset i can now only got to the screen where it says CRC's ROM Loading... and problem is it wont load! soft reset not working neither is removing battery and trying again any ideas? thanx. davey33.

zocster

Apr 21, 2008
Christchurch
andyghozali.info
hi just installed your stable release 13.0 everything was working fine until i installed some htc stuff through the update manager when i installed the screen with the sliding arrow on after asking me for reset i can now only got to the screen where it says CRC's ROM Loading... and problem is it wont load! soft reset not working neither is removing battery and trying again any ideas? thanx. davey33.

weird what version did u download, may worth a reflash.

davey33

Aug 27, 2008
middlesbrough
problem is i cant get past the screen with CRC'S Loading... on it even after i have taken the battery out and left it for over 5 minutes still loads up to the same screen it was downloaded through crc's thread that we are on now any help appreciated

zocster

Apr 21, 2008
Christchurch
andyghozali.info
problem is i cant get past the screen with CRC'S Loading... on it even after i have taken the battery out and left it for over 5 minutes still loads up to the same screen it was downloaded through crc's thread that we are on now any help appreciated

hold the ok on the left, and power on on right, and insert stylus. should bring up tricolour, plug in to USB flash your original rom from here and re flash CRC

fm02ppc

Oct 18, 2007
Thx CRC! It is a very good ROM. I had just upgraded the ROM from v12.11 to v13.0 and used Spb Backup to backup the system files from the old version and then restored it to the new version. It works fine except that a couple of the programs needed to be reinstalled. I was just wondering whether I can keep this way to upgrade my ROM (i.e. via backup and restore the system files) or should I reinstall all programs fresh after the ROM upgrade.
Thanks!

Last edited:

CRCinAU

Oct 29, 2007
Melbourne
www.crc.id.au
Thx CRC! It is a very good ROM. I had just upgraded the ROM from v12.11 to v13.0 and used Spb Backup to backup the system files from the old version and then restored it to the new version. It works fine except that a couple of the programs needed to be reinstalled. I was just wondering whether I can keep this way to upgrade my ROM (i.e. via backup and restore the system files) or should I reinstall all programs fresh after the ROM upgrade.
Thanks!

If the app works when you do a backup/restore, then it's fine. If it doesn't then it will need to be reloaded...

I myself keep Total Commander and TomTom7 on my SD card and I don't need to reinstall either during day to day re-flashings... just copy across the shortcut via UC to the right place...

fm02ppc

Oct 18, 2007
If the app works when you do a backup/restore, then it's fine. If it doesn't then it will need to be reloaded...

I myself keep Total Commander and TomTom7 on my SD card and I don't need to reinstall either during day to day re-flashings... just copy across the shortcut via UC to the right place...

Thanks again! It is very kind of you. I am in Hong Kong and need Chinese support in my mobile. Each time after the upgrade, I need to reload some softwares and edit the registries. So if the backup/restore way does not defeat/harm the benefits of upgrade, I will prefer this 'lazy' way.:p

I had try stable version 11.2, now version 13.0, but now there are some option like naked and naked BS, i'm wonderring, where is the best, where is the fastest? Is it naked BS? I had read some explanation on Wiki, but as everyone ever experienced it before, just want an opinion.

Hope for enlightment, just can't stop flashing and flashing :D

arsahk

Aug 9, 2007
Thank U for your job ,
A few Questions:
1.What is Naked Version?
2.Should I install Radio too?or this rom contains Radio?

zocster

Apr 21, 2008
Christchurch
andyghozali.info
I had try stable version 11.2, now version 13.0, but now there are some option like naked and naked BS, i'm wonderring, where is the best, where is the fastest? Is it naked BS? I had read some explanation on Wiki, but as everyone ever experienced it before, just want an opinion.

Hope for enlightment, just can't stop flashing and flashing :D

Naked BS is the way to go for me, but follow the doctors orders without the radio is best link is right here.

Flash that, flash naked BS, turn on wifi run DU, and you're all sweet, it is fast and as stable as can get as you know it comes from CRCinAU

Naked BS is the way to go for me, but follow the doctors orders without the radio is best link is right here.

Flash that, flash naked BS, turn on wifi run DU, and you're all sweet, it is fast and as stable as can get as you know it comes from CRCinAU

Yeah, as i believe, some description stated that BS ROM was not stable (at least not as stable as normal one), but salute, here CRC state even on naked also on naked BS as stable version. Will flash it now, off course with shipped ROM which is radio.nb stripped out.

Thanks Mas :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Release 13.5 now available.

Hi guys,

Release 13.5 (26 Sep 2009):
    * Fixed GPS intermediate driver for Windows Managed External GPS units (Start -> Settings -> Connections -> External GPS)
    * Fixed random silences of notifications etc.

Enjoy! :)