FORUMS

Fujitsu-Siemens C550 / N560 SDHC Card Driver with working WiFi!

881 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,472

By Cotulla, Retired Senior Recognized Developer on 26th April 2008, 09:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
SD High Capacity memory card drivers for Fujitsu-Siemens C550 and Fujitsu-Siemens N560.

After installing this driver you have working WiFi!

Created by GreateVK and FreePK
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cotulla For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cotulla Ad-Free
26th April 2008, 11:58 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
This is really exciting stuff!!! unfortunately i won't be able to try this out until 1 month later as my N560 is critical to my daily routine until then (which is also when i'll be finally giving WM6 a go).

Been waiting for this for a long time... any more info? supported capacity? restrictions? compatibility?
28th April 2008, 07:43 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
GreateVK,

Will this work on an N560 with the original WM5 ROM, please?

Or does it have to be WM6 or WM6.1?

Thanks...
30th April 2008, 09:11 AM |#4  

More
Thumbs up
It works great on my N560 with newplow's WM6_016_net3_5 rom so far
1st May 2008, 11:11 PM |#5  

More
Thank you master2048 for answering my second question.

But has anyone got it working on an N560 with the original ROM?

Does it install to main (user re-writable) memory or does it change a portion of the ROM image? If the former, then it might be possible to try it on WM5 devices and then revert by uninstalling the patch if it does not work...
7th May 2008, 02:42 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Great work.
I use it on my N560 with original WM 5 ROM, and i use 8GB SDHC, so it works very well. Wifi is OK.
7th May 2008, 03:56 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by honzamo

Great work.
I use it on my N560 with original WM 5 ROM, and i use 8GB SDHC, so it works very well. Wifi is OK.

Thanks you for your reply.

And I can confirm that it works on my N560 with original WM5 ROM too.

I bought a 16Gb SDHC and WiFi works too. And ordinary SDs still work fine.

Excellent..... this has given my N560 a new lease of life.

Many thanks to GreateVK and XDA Developers. Brilliant work.
9th May 2008, 07:15 AM |#8  

More
N56 SDhc Card Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by honzamo

Great work.

I´d like to report the same good experience, the SDHC CARD Driver is working well on FSJ N560 original WM 5 Rom with a 4GB TECHNAXX Hyperspeed Card, WIFI ist running normal as used to be.

Thanks to the Developers

Axleu
9th May 2008, 09:12 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
can anyone comment on the speed of using SDHC? is it really able to sustain the Class speeds? cuz currently my Transcend 4GB 150x non-SDHC is really slow, but I know it's partly the card's problem.
9th May 2008, 10:00 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -SKYLINE-

can anyone comment on the speed of using SDHC? is it really able to sustain the Class speeds? cuz currently my Transcend 4GB 150x non-SDHC is really slow, but I know it's partly the card's problem.

I have a Integral Class 4 16Gb SDHC. It is hard to say if it is any quicker than the Transcend (which I was using before applying the SDHC patch). I agree the Transcend was not zippy. But the Class 4 SDHC seems very fast. It is obviously imited by the Loox addressing/reading speed and therefore may not be able to take fulladavantage of the potential higher transfer speeds.

However, the few tests I have been able to run e.g. copying 8Gb of stuff on from a PC to the SDHC card in the free card reader that came with mine, was very quick. And there were thousands of files... large 300Mb plus and lots of small ones circa 1Mb. Also video playback on TCPMP was just the same as with SD cards - this would be a good test of sustained transfer rate....

So the performance in my judgement is the same and possibly better.
9th May 2008, 11:00 AM |#11  

More
WM6 Rom
I bought Fujitsu-Siemens C550 recently and it came with WM5. Could some body let me know where can i get WM6 rom for this device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)