FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Show us your Ultimate Launch setup

31 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Ghost26, Member on 29th April 2008, 06:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This isn't a how to thread since there are already plenty of those. Let's just see what kind of different ideas everyone has for this great app. Screenshots a plenty please.

with tha being said someone start us off

29th April 2008, 06:16 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Here is my
29th April 2008, 06:29 PM |#3  
Flag orange
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eumel79

Here is my

whats that bottom bar doohickey? i really like it. got a link?
29th April 2008, 06:33 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofawkurself

whats that bottom bar doohickey? i really like it. got a link?

it's my Batterystatus SKin
29th April 2008, 06:44 PM |#5  

More

I can't post the 5th pic because its limited to 4 per post.
I also can't take credit for the theme, its called iStyle. I did tweak it a little, obviously.
29th April 2008, 06:53 PM |#6  

More

the clock is made by asefsef for batterystatus but I modified it to fit my theme. The botttom is an rltoday skin that I made.
29th April 2008, 07:25 PM |#7  
Flag London

More
I have been trying to assemble all the bits I want to acheive my ideal interface - certain bits are done, but I am teaching myself C++ to code other bits.

The general idea of the skin is that a small section of the top is always visible (type=5) with no scrollbars - showing the clock/date, message counters and BT / WiFi toggle - it's impractical to have a whole horizontal block devoted to a clock, you may as well have something else there.
Previously, I made an rlToday skin to handle the top part, but I am now in the process of coding an rlToday-like app to replace that and support different images for different button states, for example.

The rest of the screen is a cube. Gesture left/right to switch faces, and where applicable gesture up down to scroll lists. I want to have a contacts list like this, and a music browser too - like the browser in Pocket Player, but in a UL cube face (Been speaking to conduits and they say its gonna happen or it can be done existingly with the SDK)

Images wise, all of the PNGs are just placeholders for now, I want to use glass icons with an interesting background and prefract (Pre-refract: see here) the area behind the buttons so it looks like they are made of glass and are bending the light passing through them. If I can get my app (or the new XIAMultitheme which I may switch to helping develop) working to allow different PNGs for different states then I want to acheive a nice glass interface look with icons lighting up in a believable manner etc.

Anyway, for now, attached are some layout type mockups:

Spinny cube GIF
Placeholder apps in the faces - I want a main "contacts list" in one face, but another smaller one in another face for my riding buddies along with a weather tab - see if it is worth riding and call the people you ride with if it is, all from one face

Top layout in this one is my rlToday "SaFF" skin (see sig)
This is laid out almost exactly how I want it, the transparent images need doing properly though.

Landscape version of the "SaFF" skin - notice how the scrollbars only cover the cube area. This is the dynamic I want to base the whole thing around - the bottom half spins left/right and you an drag scroll it up or down to select items.
29th April 2008, 07:31 PM |#8  
Flag London

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencepu3

the clock is made by asefsef for batterystatus but I modified it to fit my theme. The botttom is an rltoday skin that I made.

I like that clock area transparency , kind of similar to the look I want.
What I would really like for the clock area is to acheive the look of a lump of glass with the LCD font 88:88 etched into it (and sunken down a bit) then the characters overlaid onto that. With a matching prefracted wallpaper I reckon it would look amazing.
29th April 2008, 07:39 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilc

I have been trying to assemble all the bits I want to acheive my ideal interface - certain bits are done, but I am teaching myself C++ to code other bits.

The general idea of the skin is that a small section of the top is always visible (type=5) with no scrollbars - showing the clock/date, message counters and BT / WiFi toggle - it's impractical to have a whole horizontal block devoted to a clock, you may as well have something else there.
Previously, I made an rlToday skin to handle the top part, but I am now in the process of coding an rlToday-like app to replace that and support different images for different button states, for example.

The rest of the screen is a cube. Gesture left/right to switch faces, and where applicable gesture up down to scroll lists. I want to have a contacts list like this, and a music browser too - like the browser in Pocket Player, but in a UL cube face (Been speaking to conduits and they say its gonna happen or it can be done existingly with the SDK)

Images wise, all of the PNGs are just placeholders for now, I want to use glass icons with an interesting background and prefract (Pre-refract: see here) the area behind the buttons so it looks like they are made of glass and are bending the light passing through them. If I can get my app (or the new XIAMultitheme which I may switch to helping develop) working to allow different PNGs for different states then I want to acheive a nice glass interface look with icons lighting up in a believable manner etc.

Anyway, for now, attached are some layout type mockups:

Spinny cube GIF
Placeholder apps in the faces - I want a main "contacts list" in one face, but another smaller one in another face for my riding buddies along with a weather tab - see if it is worth riding and call the people you ride with if it is, all from one face

Top layout in this one is my rlToday "SaFF" skin (see sig)
This is laid out almost exactly how I want it, the transparent images need doing properly though.

Landscape version of the "SaFF" skin

This will be awesome...keep going!!
29th April 2008, 08:02 PM |#10  
Flag porto
Thanks Meter: 1

More
here is mine
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1105
Size:	25.9 KB