2.Updated rom version to 2.00.00.
3.Build-in SDHC drivers.
4.Fixed bug with white screen of death.
5.Updated icon of screen rotate.
6.NET СF 3.5.
7.Other changes.

Download:
(Mirror)(Mirror)(Mirror)

Thanks a lot for your new rom. I have flashed to WM6.1, however, the system info is still showing Rom revision date: 20070502 and ROM revision:v1.00.24.
5th May 2008, 01:24 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 313

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyckma12

Thanks a lot for your new rom. I have flashed to WM6.1, however, the system info is still showing Rom revision date: 20070502 and ROM revision:v1.00.24.

the problem may lie with the file 'flash.dio' itself, meaning the file Football uses to flash is different from the one released. The rom date and version may not have been changed on the one released.

i tried flashing different versions of official 'flash.dio', from version 16, 22, 23 to 24, each time the rom date and version will change, thus i reach the conclusion that the problem lies in the 'flash.dio' that Football released.

nontheless, this still remain only to be my guess until Football respnds.

great many thanks to Football and his team for coming up with this 6.1 version, very much appreciated!
6th May 2008, 11:21 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Many thanks for this release - much appreciated. There may be a couple of bugs in it though but I will report back later - I want to ensure it is not something I have done wrong. One issue though is when you connect to Wifi, the connection info on the top bar is blank so you need to use Wifi settings to see the connection info.
I also have the same issue where the OS information is not updated - it still shows Rom revision date: 20070502 and ROM revision:v1.00.24 even thought it has been updated to WM6.1.
7th May 2008, 06:53 AM |#5  

More
Yes it`s great!Thanks a million!
waiting for the bugs fixed edition...
7th May 2008, 11:23 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyckma12

I've this problem, too.

I've seen that the WM6.1-download has only the files

chain.lst
flash.dio

Are there no newer version of the files

EBOOT.bin
EBBOT.nb0
superipl.nb0

???

Is it possible that the ROM-Version comes out of this files?

I've used the old files from the original 1.00.24. Is this correct?
8th May 2008, 01:51 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 313

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDevilHH

I've this problem, too.

I've seen that the WM6.1-download has only the files

chain.lst
flash.dio

Are there no newer version of the files

EBOOT.bin
EBBOT.nb0
superipl.nb0

???

Is it possible that the ROM-Version comes out of this files?

I've used the old files from the original 1.00.24. Is this correct?

I dont think the ROM-version comes out of the files you mentioned above, at list not from the EBOOT files, I do not know what functions the superipl file serves though.

I have tried flashing earlier ROMS without the above 3 files and the ROM-versions change accordingly, leading me to believe ROM-version is hard-coded in Flash.dio and the version which Football released is not is not the version he screen captured with, he is bound to have a few working copies of 6.1 ROM around his desk :D

If you read russian, you may want to browse the original 4pda thread (link in Football's first post), fellow users there have reported the same problem, but i still cant make out Football's reply to them, even with the help of babelfish :D
8th May 2008, 09:06 PM |#8  

More
After a few installs and hard resets, I know have this rom working quite well. I love the included SDHC patch as my 8GB SDHC card works perfectly. Thanks for this.
9th May 2008, 11:50 AM |#9  

More
Okay, I have had to go back to WM5. WM6 was working fine for a couple of days until an application was hanging. I did a soft reset and the device hard reset instead! This has happened once before in the 4 days of testing this WM6.1 release.
If this stability could be cured then I would be using WM6.1 as I really liked it when it was on. I just rely on my n311 too much to take a chance with it just now.
9th May 2008, 03:35 PM |#10  

More
Still stable without problem,Thanks a lot
I flash my acer n311 to WM6.1 for 4 days an d still happy with the stable and smooth working.
But still wait for corrected rom version in the next fixed from our hero Football.
Thanks
27th May 2008, 08:07 AM |#11  

More
I've flashed to WM6.1 and the device has been working very well since.
The only problem I encountered was that I could no longer run my GPS software. It kept saying insufficient memory. This was with no programs running, using the default configuration after upgrade.
Using SKTools, I saw that "Voice Command" was automatically included as part of the startup programs. When I removed this from the startup list and soft reset, there was no more problem with low memory.
Thanks much.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)