FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

New iPhone Dialer Skin- Revised Directions

150 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By TweakMan, Banned on 4th May 2008, 11:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Since iFonz and iPhone themes started making there way onto our ppc's , I have tried to find a dialer to go along with the overall look. But everyone I try has the same bug (locking up between status and keypad) as the other, if not more. So I made a skin for one of the most stable dialers I have found. Smartdial works, 911 works. Everthing works. My skin doesn't compare to the brilliant dialpads like Nargz or Dcx but I believe it's pretty decent. It will hold me over until one of them get the kinks worked out anyway. But thanks to "Jimm98y" for creating the original dialer, and thanks also to "kidnamedalbert" for creating the .cab file and making the skin easy to install. I havent had much time to see if there are any flaws in the skin, but if you notice any , post it and I'll have it fixed by the next day with a updated version posted. Also these skins are fully customizable. So if you have a request for a special background of any kind, any certain button design or button layout, anything at all , let me know and I'll try to get it to you.

Instructions are easy,
*First Install the .cab found in the "Install First" folder.
*Second Install the .cab found in the "Install Second folder.

Ok, after you install the first cab, it will tell you to restart your device. Hit cancell, DO NOT restart yet. Then go install the second cab. THEN DO A SOFT RESET.WILL NOT SHOW UP UNTIL AFTER RESET! Thats why its easier to cancell the first reset and just do one after both cabs are installed. Or do a reset after each cab instillation . This should fix you alls problem of it not showing up .Let me know , & sorry I didnt specify this earlier.

GSM/CDMA
Ive used this for around a month now on my CDMA ALLTEL VOGUE/TOUCH. Every feature works. Ive not had one problem since installation. However, this dialer was originally for gsm. There are reports of it working on both. We'll know when the feedback piles up. But Im confident it will work on both, and with the new instructions, there wont be any more trouble.

Features:
Im trying my best to work some more in. Smartdial works on my phone so ill have to see which ones it doesn't on then try to patch it up. The Smartdial option should be located under the menu option while on the keypad. Im working to add video call and a few more features.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Smartdial off.JPG
Views:	2797
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	84229   Click image for larger version

Name:	Smartdial On.JPG
Views:	1581
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	84230   Click image for larger version

Name:	Status Screen 1.JPG
Views:	1780
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	84231   Click image for larger version

Name:	Status Screen 2.JPG
Views:	841
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	84232   Click image for larger version

Name:	Status Screen 3.JPG
Views:	1165
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	84233  
Attached Files
File Type: zip iDialer.zip - [Click for QR Code] (302.8 KB, 1453 views)

4th May 2008, 11:28 PM |#2  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Some pics would be nice!!
4th May 2008, 11:29 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Any screenshots?
5th May 2008, 02:34 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakMan

Since iFonz and iPhone themes started making there way onto our ppc's , I have tried to find a dialer to go along with the overall look. But everyone I try has the same bug (locking up between status and keypad) as the other, if not more. So I made a skin for one of the most stable dialers I have found. Smartdial works, 911 works. Everthing works. My skin doesn't compare to the brilliant dialpads like Nargz or Dcx but I believe it's pretty decent. It will hold me over until one of them get the kinks worked out anyway. But thanks to "Jimm98y" for creating the original dialer, and thanks also to "kidnamedalbert" for creating the .cab file and making the skin easy to install. I havent had much time to see if there are any flaws in the skin, but if you notice any , post it and I'll have it fixed by the next day with a updated version posted. Also these skins are fully customizable. So if you have a request for a special background of any kind, any certain button design or button layout, anything at all , let me know and I'll try to get it to you.

Instructions are easy,

Let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy.

Sorry, heres some pics. My screen capture app sucks so a couple of the words look different darker and lighter, but thats just the pics, it doesn't have that problem on the phone.

Nice work!!

However, be careful when you say 911 works. It depends for what kind of phone you are talking about. If it is a GSM phone, then probably, but I doubt if 911 would work with a CDMA phone. If I am not mistaken, Jimmy98 dialers are based on GSM phone, so you will have issues with CDMA phones like Sprint.

With that said, any chance you can post the raw graphics files used, maybe in png's or other graphic file format?
5th May 2008, 03:20 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
You made this dialer????
5th May 2008, 03:24 AM |#6  
OP Banned
Flag Norton

More
CDMA/GSM
Actually to my surprise its working perfect on my CDMA Touch Vogue. I also recieved a PM saying its working on a GSM phone as well. Hopefully it stays that way. One dialer for GSM and CDMA, I hope. But Ive used it on mine now for a month with no flaws yet. I would love to know what everyone thinkds though. Custom requests welcome. From Spiderman to Lillies!
5th May 2008, 03:25 AM |#7  
OP Banned
Flag Norton

More
Skin
I made the skin. The wonderful dialer was made by Jimm98y.
5th May 2008, 05:07 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
where can I get smartdial feature for this dialer?
If its included, then its not working on my XDA IIs...

Cheers

EDIT: Smart dial works. I just didnt know that after pressing the numbers, you have to press "Hide Keypad" to view the filtered contacts...
Sorry about that...
5th May 2008, 05:14 AM |#9  
Retired Moderator
Flag Photoshop CS3
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakMan

Instructions are easy,

Let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy.

Sorry, heres some pics. My screen capture app sucks so a couple of the words look different darker and lighter, but thats just the pics, it doesn't have that problem on the phone.

so the cab i made worked?
5th May 2008, 07:34 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
can you make it with video call working??
5th May 2008, 10:00 AM |#11  
Flag East London
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph.sapri

where can I get smartdial feature for this dialer?
If its included, then its not working on my XDA IIs...

Cheers

EDIT: Smart dial works. I just didnt know that after pressing the numbers, you have to press "Hide Keypad" to view the filtered contacts...
Sorry about that...

Just about to post the same question. Great cab
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)