- You need to make sure that the ROM you are using uses the correct radio. Certain ROM's require certain radios. Be sure to check the ROM thread concerning which radio will work with that particular ROM. Almost always, the Chef will post which Radios will work for their ROM(s).
- The best thing for you to do is read the thread and make sure you have the correct radio.
- I would also ensure that you have the correct SPL in regards to the build of the ROM
- Flashing a Radio is exactly like flashing a ROM. Ensure you have a *.nbh file and KaiserRuu.exe file. Also ensure that you battery is over 50%. Never flashing anything if your battery is below 50%. See below for instructions on how to flash via MicroSD.
Note: Not having the correct radio will cause your phone
- Camera not to work
- to have a black screen
- to have no sound or intermittent sound
I highly suggest and I can't stress this enough, that you try out each radio and see which one(s) work best for you
Update from Jockyw2001....
A new sort of "Radio from Hell" emerged for the Diamond. See here. It combats rom updating by preventing us from running a SSPL.
A clear advice to all is: always make sure you have HardSPL installed and your device is security unlocked before installing a new radio !!
I always find flashing with a card is a lot faster than using a software because I can do this anytime with just one little card. I didn't find this in wiki so might as well just make one. tested by myself.
Please make sure you have HardSPL on your device. And also make sure you have more than 50% of battery left or you can plug in a charger just to make sure there is no power failure. I am not sure if SIM unlocked is necessary prior to performing these steps, so hopefully someone (maybe pof) can help me with this. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
1. Get a 128MB MicroSD card (or whatever size you like) and format it (***please make sure you format it, but not just delete all contents on it) NOTE : Make sure you format it FAT32
2. find the Radio image you would like to use, normally named RUU_Signed.nbh, and rename it to "KAISIMG.nbh"
3. Plug the card into the phone, then enter boot loader mode by pressing down the Power and Camera buttons simultaneously, and using the stylus at the same time to press the RESET button at the left side. Continue pressing the two buttons for a few seconds after pressing and releasing the reset button until the bootloader screen appears. (taken from Wiki)
4. You will first see a tri-color screen then the information on the card. Press power button to start flashing.
5. After all these are done, press the reset button located at the bottom of the phone to reset the device.
I take no responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused by this flashing procedure. No warranties of any kind are given.