FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

AP 5.0 Beta

1,631 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Pawel062, Senior Member on 22nd May 2008, 04:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
READ everything before downloading please!

This is most likely the first beta(unless the moon turns blue and this beta is flawless) of the new AP 5.0 rom

its late at night and i will probably get a more detailed version of this and a vanilla uploaded tommorow but here is the run down:

most issues from 4.0 fixed hopefully.
new config app is in the works but didn't make it for this beta.
pretty much everything has been updated to latest and includes all working apps from the diamond rom.
album should now be reliable. haven't seen any problems with it coming up yet*knock on wood*
no manila sip since that changed the whole dialog stuff when composing emails and such. probably will end up as a cab in final with option to turn on and off the manila suggestions that replace the microsoft ones.
other things i dont remember

THIS IS FOR SPL 3.5 ONLY!!! IT IS A FULL ROM ALSO AND A BETA

please test app compatibility. also i tried to fix the realvga issues but it seems impossible without cmonex or creator of realvga.

one issue i would like to challenge someone to fix: a dialog should come up when connecting usb that should ask if u want to connect to activesync or mass storage mode. the exe for that dialog works(htcusbtopcdialog.exe or something like that in windows folder) but the dialog doesn't show up. browny points for the one who figures this out.

now here is the rom(remember this is for spl 3.5 only): DOWNLOAD SPL 3.5 ONLY

*note: sorry i had to say spl 3.5 so many times(still probably isn't enough) but i need to make sure some idiot doesnt try this with the old spl 1.XX*
The Following User Says Thank You to Pawel062 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pawel062 Ad-Free

22nd May 2008, 05:02 AM |#2  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Pawel

Can you make a Vanilla on the old spl please please please please? I don't want to repartition the memory unnecessarily, as it severely limits my ROM options.

Thanks!
22nd May 2008, 05:16 AM |#3  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesteve

Pawel

Can you make a Vanilla on the old spl please please please please? I don't want to repartition the memory unnecessarily, as it severely limits my ROM options.

Thanks!

dont worry there will be one. it was decided it was no good to do it for AP4 now, but AP5 WILL have one from day one. you have my guarantee for that

p.s.: I meant the final version above, but the beta will also have one tomorrow.
22nd May 2008, 05:27 AM |#4  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex

dont worry there will be one. it was decided it was no good to do it for AP4 now, but AP5 WILL have one from day one. you have my guarantee for that

p.s.: I meant the final version above, but the beta will also have one tomorrow.

Your answer has made my day. I look forward to tomorrow, and hope can contribute to the testing effort also. Thanks so much.
22nd May 2008, 05:30 AM |#5  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 453

More
Woot, trying now.
22nd May 2008, 05:55 AM |#6  
Flag westmont
Thanks Meter: 0

More
nice job.. ill stay posted
22nd May 2008, 06:37 AM |#7  

More
ssd upgrade?
will this rom support ssd upgrade from the poor microdrive?
22nd May 2008, 06:39 AM |#8  
Recognized Developer
Flag Currently Reverse Engineering 42
Thanks Meter: 1,664

More
can you flash from sdcard or is it just desktop only with this?

EDIT: appears desktop only, the 3.5bootloader keeps saying image not found, tried a few variations of ATHEIMG.nbh but no avail such as ATHE100.nbh ATHIMG.nbh ATHE100IMG.nbh
Cmonex, do you know what image name the new spl looks for?
22nd May 2008, 09:28 AM |#9  
Flag Kokomo
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Exclamation Flashing With Microsd.....
hey all,

just a note, i have spl 3.5 on my x7501 and have flashed 4 different variations of cooked roms now, including AP 3.0 and a few others, and all from microsd... the only one i have found that WILL NOT flash from microsd is AP 4.0, as i cannot find a .nbh file after extracting the .exe (but it may be possible)...

Anyways, sorry i cannot say for sure that you can flash THIS rom yet as i havent tried it, but you CAN flash from microsd/minisd with spl 3.5 as long as the file name is ATHEIMG.nbh --- ONLY! (as far as i know)
22nd May 2008, 11:06 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 147

More
hi

no comments, no screenshot from the 1st users ?
22nd May 2008, 11:30 AM |#11  

More
is it possible for you to make a version of AP 5.0 beta without all the extra programs in system and programs menu. Thank's
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)