AP 5.0 Beta

Search This thread

QAN

Nov 10, 2004
Problem with QuickGPS

The new version of QuickGPS cannot connect to the server and is not able to update the GPS data!

QAN

eagle 1

Great new look for Comm Manager, Dialer, Sound Change Screen, Data Connection screen, New Launcher,etc

Nice normal flash sequence, quick and easy.

Device Information still shows
Rom Version: AP 4.0 Platinum
Rom Date: 11/09/07
Protocol version 32.90.7020H

About Screen Shows

CE OS 5.2.19915 (Build 19581.1.1.1)-PK

Like it better than AP4..Also faster than ap4.Thanks to the AP team

New QuickGPS does not complete successfully as others have stated.

Brau0303

May 9, 2006
Near Cincinnati, OH
Great new look for Comm Manager, Dialer, Sound Change Screen, Data Connection screen, New Launcher,etc

Nice normal flash sequence, quick and easy.

Device Information still shows
Rom Version: AP 4.0 Platinum
Rom Date: 11/09/07
Protocol version 32.90.7020H

About Screen Shows

CE OS 5.2.19915 (Build 19581.1.1.1)-PK

Like it better than AP4..Also faster than ap4.Thanks to the AP team

New QuickGPS does not complete successfully as others have stated.

Eagle_1, did i miss something (new launcher?)

General, Having problem with Quickgps also, tried after soft & HR, not working, not workng via sync, att 3g or wifi. I have advised the devs of this issue.

Cheers
BR

vicinc

Mar 17, 2008
Manchester
SPLs

dont worry there will be one. it was decided it was no good to do it for AP4 now, but AP5 WILL have one from day one. you have my guarantee for that

p.s.: I meant the final version above, but the beta will also have one tomorrow.

I do not understand why people are complaining about SPL 3.5.
You can install whatever rom you want, really see Irus work with the standard roms. SPL 3.5 is supposed to be better as memory repartion give us more space and memory? Or am I getting this all wrong.

vicinc

Mar 17, 2008
Manchester
I see a little competion from Irus and AP4 moved a long way>>AP5. Well done guys. However will be nice to have the downgrade spl option, just for the sake of multipling options.

bluerecap

Mar 10, 2007
Tepic
Beautiful but.....

Yes QuickGPS not working, :eek::eek: i make SR and nothing; HR and nothing, so i don't know if install Garmin or Destinator (use both because have mexico maps), wait for other beta and fix this, many thanks :):)

Pawel062

Dec 29, 2006
again, quickgps not working and vueflo orientation not working are known issues. for some reason i am having issues compiling the vanilla build. otherwise i would release that and work on the 2 above issues. eather im overloading the rom (this is the old spl with smaller partition) or i messed up something with my tools :p

siukeung

Dec 14, 2004
MSN LIVE not working?

seems the MSN LIVE is not working. After configured MSN Live and MS push, AP5 can't even boot up. Or it only happen to me..

Pawel062

Dec 29, 2006
seems the MSN LIVE is not working. After configured MSN Live and MS push, AP5 can't even boot up. Or it only happen to me..

live works perfectly here. same thing with push mail. been using athena and both all day today.

status on vanilla: have it done but for some reason i can't compile it. i dont know if its because it's late and i am tired, it i messed up somewhere, or its related to me still taking antibiotics but looks like tommorow :( really sad because i really wanted to release it today. i will keep working though a few more min. its almost midnight though. maybe i can quickly solve the 2 issues atleast.

Pawel062

Dec 29, 2006
wow that was quick. here is what i believe to be a fix for the vueflo orientation not working. install cab and do a reset.

eaglesteve

Apr 7, 2007
Sydney
afor some reason i am having issues compiling the vanilla build. eather im overloading the rom (this is the old spl with smaller partition) or i messed up something with my tools :p

Pawel, should there be a need to off load something in order to fit into the old spl, may I suggest that we let go of the programs in the start/menu/program/system folder? We can also drop realVGA, all the software keyboards, and wktask. We can then load these by ourselves. Keep all the cool Diamond stuff in there though. I like the HTC touchflo, for example, and without having it in the ROM, there is no other way of having it by our own customization, at least for the moment.

I'm really excited and looking forward to your Vanilla on SPL 1.2.

Keep up with your excellent work.

Pawel062

Dec 29, 2006
Pawel, should there be a need to off load something in order to fit into the old spl, may I suggest that we let go of the programs in the start/menu/program/system folder? We can also drop realVGA, all the software keyboards, and wktask. We can then load these by ourselves. Keep all the cool Diamond stuff in there though.

I'm really excited and looking forward to your Vanilla on SPL 1.2.

Keep up with your excellent work.

i removed loads. i believe its a issue somewhere with the tools. i'll have bepe look at this tommorow.

sergiopi

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 14, 2005
Rome
again, quickgps not working and vueflo orientation not working are known issues. for some reason i am having issues compiling the vanilla build. otherwise i would release that and work on the 2 above issues. eather im overloading the rom (this is the old spl with smaller partition) or i messed up something with my tools :p

Vueflo orientation works as supposed in DIAMOND!
No orientation as default, but it silence the call turning face down, and works in album!

Anyone having problem with ACTIVESYNC and WMDC?

lakeman

Apr 30, 2006
toronto
my impressions

Had trouble restoring messages with pimbackup >took 20 mins for messages to show up and be sorted >Flashed again > same problem but worked eventually.

Igo8 works in 96/128/196 dpi.(disable homescreen and soft reboot)

Same problem withGPs update.

Opera is the older version , was looking forward to the Youtube capability and supposed better graphics of newer version.

Biggest problem is I can't access or use the ringtones despite them being playable in WMP.
Any ideas? tried putting them in My documents/ringtones and windows folder with no luck.8**problem resolved ?soft reset?

Synced via buetooth in WMDC and used wireless network without trouble.(attention Sergiopi)
Will add if I find more issues

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    READ everything before downloading please!

This is most likely the first beta(unless the moon turns blue and this beta is flawless) of the new AP 5.0 rom

its late at night and i will probably get a more detailed version of this and a vanilla uploaded tommorow but here is the run down:

most issues from 4.0 fixed hopefully.
    new config app is in the works but didn't make it for this beta.
    pretty much everything has been updated to latest and includes all working apps from the diamond rom.
    album should now be reliable. haven't seen any problems with it coming up yet*knock on wood*
    no manila sip since that changed the whole dialog stuff when composing emails and such. probably will end up as a cab in final with option to turn on and off the manila suggestions that replace the microsoft ones.
    other things i dont remember

THIS IS FOR SPL 3.5 ONLY!!! IT IS A FULL ROM ALSO AND A BETA

please test app compatibility. also i tried to fix the realvga issues but it seems impossible without cmonex or creator of realvga.

one issue i would like to challenge someone to fix: a dialog should come up when connecting usb that should ask if u want to connect to activesync or mass storage mode. the exe for that dialog works(htcusbtopcdialog.exe or something like that in windows folder) but the dialog doesn't show up. browny points for the one who figures this out.

now here is the rom(remember this is for spl 3.5 only): DOWNLOAD SPL 3.5 ONLY

*note: sorry i had to say spl 3.5 so many times(still probably isn't enough) but i need to make sure some idiot doesnt try this with the old spl 1.XX*