FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

(29 September 2009) iContact 0.95 - WM6.5 Start Menu Avatar Edition

770 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By supbro, Senior Member on 29th May 2008, 01:16 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
September 29, 2009: New version! 0.95

A new edition of iContact is ready for download, v0.95, which fixes a few bugs, and also adds a couple features, most notably for those who have WM6.5, and choose to "create shortcut" for a contact, your buddy's picture will now show up in your start menu, in high resolution!

Here's the full list of improvements:

[+] Added "Remove Shortcut" button to details screen if appropriate
[+] Added "createshortcut" and "removeshortcut" to language file
[+] Added contact shortcut icons to start menu shortcuts for Windows Mobile 6.5
[+] Added ability for hardware "*" key to favorite/defavorite a contact
[#] Fixed outgoing calls to numbers with no name displaying [null]
[#] Hid SIP button being displayed by iContactAE

I've worked really hard in my nights and weekends to bring you these new updates. If you like them, please consider a donation via my web site. As a thank you, I will give donors access to beta versions of iContact.

Please see my website for more details.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GPL'ed Source code is available at my site: http://supware.net/iContact

Everybody be sure to thank larna for the original source.

Download here

29th May 2008, 01:27 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
looks realy good
May I use it in my roms?
it's simple and fast
29th May 2008, 01:50 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Diego, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gullum

May I use it in my roms?

Sure! Let me know if you need any help.
29th May 2008, 02:07 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
0.7 look weird... 0.6 got a ABC bar on the right side below got all the letter A,B,C,D,E,F,G but 0.7 no more.. i like that menu... click on G it will go to G..

but 0.7 don't have...
29th May 2008, 02:07 AM |#5  
Flag Montreal ( and Lille France)
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supbro

Sure! Let me know if you need any help.

thank you very much for you work
29th May 2008, 02:09 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quick feedback:

1. Voice mail icon doesn't work on my tmobile wing (open touch v4 black lite rom)

2. Call history is buggy - sometimes it can't scroll, and some of the lines are wider than others. However this is a very good and welcoming idea. Also could use smaller fonts for dates - the word "yesterday" is too big and won't fit in the screen.

3. Edit: just found out indeed I can scroll the right side of the screen, kinda like what is used in pocketcm. Good job!

All in all this is going to the right direction, just a few bugs. Definitely keeping up the good work!
Taninpv
29th May 2008, 02:10 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
delete..problem solved.
29th May 2008, 02:10 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Diego, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ov2rey

0.7 look weird... 0.6 got a ABC bar on the right side below got all the letter A,B,C,D,E,F,G but 0.7 no more.. i like that menu... click on G it will go to G..

but 0.7 don't have...

You can touch on the right-hand side of the screen, and use that like a scroll bar. That even saves one click! I debated showing a light gray "ABCD..." down the side of the screen, but I like it better without it.
29th May 2008, 02:13 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
i wish u add a option Exit.or a icon for exit..

always have to press top right to go back to today screen then have to press close.. for icontact..
29th May 2008, 02:22 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supbro

You can touch on the right-hand side of the screen, and use that like a scroll bar. That even saves one click! I debated showing a light gray "ABCD..." down the side of the screen, but I like it better without it.

So there is no option to go directly to a letter? you can only scroll? I agree, that without the ability to be able to go directly to a letter, i just cant upgrade to this beautiful version. otherwise i would be scrolling forever to get to the bottom of my 250+ contacts. let us know if you decide to add it back in, or an option.

great work though otherwise
29th May 2008, 02:23 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Diego, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wearefree

Quick feedback:

1. Voice mail icon doesn't work on my tmobile wing (open touch v4 black lite rom)

2. Call history is buggy - sometimes it can't scroll, and some of the lines are wider than others. However this is a very good and welcoming idea. Also could use smaller fonts for dates - the word "yesterday" is too big and won't fit in the screen.

3. The initial letter selection is gone. Initially I though it's the keypad but the keypad brings me the phone pad. I have lots of contacts so scrolling without initial letter selection can be painful.

All in all this is going to the right direction, just a few bugs. Definitely keeping up the good work!

1. What registry entries do you have under HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Vmail ? It's strange that it's not working... it looks for HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Vmail\PhoneNumber1, then HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Vmail\UserProvidedNumber1, then as a last resort looks up your own phone number.

2. It's working flawlessly for me... I'll see if I can get it to break. Can you post or send me the names & numbers of the entries that aren't being displayed properly? I can shrink the font too, just forgot about that.

3. You can use the (invisible) scroll-bar. I found this was easier than the using the popup keyboard.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
icontact, supbro
Previous Thread Next Thread