FORUMS

Transparent or Floating Scrollbar?

7,262 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,191

By khaytsus, Senior Member on 29th May 2008, 03:06 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've looked around and I didn't see anything except references to WM 7 might have something like this, but it occurred to me today as I glared at the big ugly scrollbar on my Today screen that it'd be nice if there was a semi-transparent and/or floating toolbar which would let the text flow under it, be readable, yet still usable to scroll down.

Is there anything that can do this? I've seen some different looking scrollbars around, such as one that looked like this <---->, but it was pretty low-profile and such, but it wasn't floating, but I'd still like to know about anything that makes the scrollbar less ugly.

Thanks!
29th May 2008, 03:57 AM |#2  
Flag Town in Georgia
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Maybe less items on the today screen?
29th May 2008, 04:23 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Central Kentucky

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernLuke

Maybe less items on the today screen?

Yeah, that'd help for that, but there are other places where it'd be nice to have less obtrusive scrollbars.

I've tried several things for the today screen.. I didn't much like either SBP option (Shell or Pocket Plus) but at least they let you put different things on tabs. I like HTC Home + HHC but it takes up lots of room.

I'm still experimenting a bit, but this is more of an overall query, not specific to the today screen, although that's one place that'd definately benefit from it.
30th May 2008, 06:21 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It's much more of a better idea if you don't put your scroll bar in your today screen...what I mean is not to put too much information in your today screen.
31st May 2008, 02:56 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Central Kentucky

More
This program from VJ helps a little, removes the soft keys from the bottom of the Today screen:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=320349
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)