Available HTC Excalibur clones
- HTC S620
- Orange SPV E600
- T-Mobile Dash
- T-Mobile MDA Mail (Has no WIFI)
- Dopod C720W
- O2 XDA Cosmo
- Comparison on smartphonedb.net
- Quad-band EDGE/GPRS
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 smartphone
- Supported upgrades to WM6.0 from HTC, T-Mobile, and others
- Unsupported upgrades to WM6.1 here on xda-developers
- 2.4-inch QVGA display, fixed landscape mode, 320x240px
- JOGGR control pad for scrolling, browser-back, and browser-launch
- JOGGR buttons remappable via the registry or other tools
- Integrated keyboard
- MS Office and PDF viewers included
- Microsoft Outlook Mobile for e-mail
- Also supports POP3 and IMAP mail accounts
- Can also use Direct Push to deliver mail as it comes in, rather than waiting for the next scheduled download.
- ROM 128MB, RAM 64MB
- Supports up to 2GB SD (transflash) cards
- WM6.1 supports higher-capacity SD cards
- 1.3 megapixel camera
- WiFi and Bluetooth 2.0 connectivity with wireless stereo
- PC connection via MiniUSB
- Overall dimensions 111.5mm(L) x 62.5mm(W) x 12.8mm(T)
- 4.4 inches by 2.5 inches by 0.51 inches
- Advertised talk time of 5 hours
- Advertised standby time of 9 days
- Higher-capacity batteries (with larger covers) are available through third-party vendors
- SIM Unlock: All Network-Branded devices are "Sim-Locked". When unlocked, it allows a user to insert a preferred SIM Card from a different operator.
- CID Unlock: Unlocks the Carrier ID which allows you to flash/upgrade your ROM. In other words, this unlock allows a user to upgrade their firmware which the network operators have put a lock on.
- Application Unlock: Unlocks the lock put on installing applications and editing registries.
These resources apply to WM5-6, and may also apply to WM6.1
- FAQ that is, frequently asked questions about the Excalibur. From the HTC wiki.
- Browser Bible Just about everything you ever wanted to know about browsing on a smartphone. Includes info on viewing embedded flash videos.
- Java MIDlet Bible A complete guide to using java apps on your smartphone.
- Button remapping Bible Explains methods and applications for remapping keys on your smartphone, as well as adding application shortcuts.
- Internationalization Bible Help with changing eT9/xT9 languages.
- The YouTube Bible or how Alice learned to believe seven impossible things before breakfast.
- Windows Mobile 6.1 Upgrade Guide
- Available Official ROMs
- CID Unlocking
- SIM Unlocking (T-Mobile USA): With an account in good standing for over 90 days, you can request a SIM unlock code from T-Mobile. When you change to another carrier's SIM card, the phone will prompt you for the code.
- ROM Kitchen from rickwyatt for those ranging from the adventurous to the foolhardy. Cook your own version of WM6.1.
- Playing with CHome Tricks to customize the sliding-panels interface
- Registry Tweaks for the sights and sounds of your phone
- Basic Introduction to the Windows Mobile registry.
- Connection Settings for t-zones in WM6.1 (T-Mobile USA $5.99 plan)
- Connection Settings for unlocked Excaliburs on AT&T
- Opera Mini as the default browser
- Alternate way to make Opera the default.
- Sending MMS larger than 100k (Ricky's WM6.1)
- WM6 Tweaks applied to a beta WM6 ROM from T-Mobile. Outdated.
Add Custom RingtonesHelpful Applications and Add-ons
Add .mp3, .wav, .mid files to \Application Data\Sounds\
They will then show up in Start -> Settings -> Sounds
Change Sound Profiles Easily
Press and hold the # key.
Phantom Alarm Bug
There is a reported issue of multiple alarms going off even though the alarm is turned off in Settings. There is no known permanent fix at this point.
Phantom alarms can be cleaned up by following these instructions:
1. Load SKTools Smartphone Edition (Clean up and uninstaller utility)
2. Select View -> Maintenance -> Notifications Queue
3. Scroll to the bottom of the list and there should be multiple entries already checked for “Clock.exe”.
4. Select Action -> Delete marked
5. Do a soft reset (turn off then back on).
From the xda-developers team
- CHome Weather plugin (WM6.1) gives a two-panel weather display to the new sliding-panels theme. One is for current conditions. The other shows the next 10 days of forecast.
- CHome Configurator (WM6.1) is a tool to help tweak the display of the CHome panels to individual preference.
- Alphanuma (WM6.0 and later) skins your dialing and call-progress screens and adds a bar with the correlations between the number keys and which letters they reprsent.
- Carousel your homescreen if you're tired of sliding panels.
- Smart Tool Kit - All in One: PC Start Menu Interface, Auto Keylock, Task Manager, Screen Shot Utility etc (Must Have Application)
- Surreal Networks | Dash Apps - Application Unlocker, Applications, Pocket NES Emulator, ROMS for Games etc
- Smartphone Freeware Good download site for free software for all smartphones. Be sure and check that you're downloading the latest version of what you want, as organization sucks. This is the "dotcom" address. Try using "dot net", "dot org", and "dot mobi" as well.
- Orb Networks - Remote access to files, multimedia and much More..
- The Mobile Stream Center Nice site for quick streaming radio from stations across the US.
- YouMail.com allows custom voicemail greetings. You can have a greeting for your boss, one for your insignificant other, etc.
- Devicescape Automates logging in to WiFi hotspots, and easy setup and sharing of your home WiFi.
- Information on the S620's Internal Memory