FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Turn TouchFlo 3D on and off?!

30 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Simon D, Member on 7th June 2008, 10:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I think the TouchFlo 3D is fantastic for "showing off" your Touch Diamond, but it's a bit gimmicky, and slightly cumbersome, so I'd like to be able to turn it on and off when it suits me.

Out of the box, to do this you need to go into the homescreen settings and select TouchFlo 3D, or, deselect it, and reselect all your usual homescreen plugins - a bit of a pain.

However, I've realised that browsing to the "Manilla exe" in the Windows directory turns on the TouchFlo without affecting your homescreen plugins. If you then kill the manilla process using a a Task Manager which shows processes, you're straight back to your normal homescreen. I've made a shortcut in the Start Menu so I can toggle between the two relatively quickly and easily.

But, I'm looking for some clever person out there to make a simple app which toggles between TouchFlo 3D and normal homescreens at the press of a button. I'm sure it can't be that difficult (for someone who knows what they're doing)??!! It just needs to launch the Manilla exe and then kill it when you want to turn it off.

Anyone fancy having a go?

Cheers
Simon.

10th June 2008, 09:31 AM |#2  

More
It is possible to toggle between spb mobile 2 screens and touchflo 3d though.
18th July 2008, 03:10 PM |#3  

More
Kill Manila.exe
Has anybody come up with an automated(one click) way of killing the Manila.exe process ?
18th July 2008, 03:20 PM |#4  
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Mortscript
Create a script with Mortscript to check for the presence of manila.exe.
If not present, start it.
If present, kill it.
Create a shortcut to the script in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs
Assign this shortcut to button 1.
18th July 2008, 03:47 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon D

I think the TouchFlo 3D is fantastic for "showing off" your Touch Diamond, but it's a bit gimmicky, and slightly cumbersome, so I'd like to be able to turn it on and off when it suits me.

Out of the box, to do this you need to go into the homescreen settings and select TouchFlo 3D, or, deselect it, and reselect all your usual homescreen plugins - a bit of a pain.

However, I've realised that browsing to the "Manilla exe" in the Windows directory turns on the TouchFlo without affecting your homescreen plugins. If you then kill the manilla process using a a Task Manager which shows processes, you're straight back to your normal homescreen. I've made a shortcut in the Start Menu so I can toggle between the two relatively quickly and easily.

But, I'm looking for some clever person out there to make a simple app which toggles between TouchFlo 3D and normal homescreens at the press of a button. I'm sure it can't be that difficult (for someone who knows what they're doing)??!! It just needs to launch the Manilla exe and then kill it when you want to turn it off.

Anyone fancy having a go?

Cheers
Simon.

thought thats called SecondToday?
20th July 2008, 05:09 AM |#6  

More
ToggleManila.mscr
I have the same problem, that I want to turn on TouchFlo 3D, but still want to keep my "Classic" Today Screen intact.

Although I tried SecondToday, however it cannot display the internal plugins such as Tasks, Calendar and Date

Thanks to wensing's suggestion, I created this simple script. If you want to run the script, please follow the instructions below.

a) The first thing you need to do is to disable the TouchFLO 3D from Today Panel Plugins, then activate your favourite Today Plugins (except TF3D)
b) Install MortScript
c) Put the "ToggleManila.mscr" in any folder you prefer.
d) Create a shortcut to this script, name it (eg. ToggleToday.lnk) and put the shortcut inside the folder "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs".
e) Go to Settings->Buttons, and simply assign "Button 1(Hold)" to point to the ToggleToday shortcut.

Of course you are free to experiment with other settings or assign it any other buttons.

Another thing to note is, because TF3D will "take over" the Home hardware button, I have no choice but to kill it, so that the classic Today Screen can be activated after TF3D is killed. However this also means the next time you activate TF3D, it will take some time to load. So please be patient and wait for the TF3D while it is loading.

Anyway, this is my first attempt at using MortScript, just a simple piece of work, but hope that I can bring some joy to my fellow Diamond users.

Hope that it works for you guys
Attached Files
File Type: zip ToggleManila.zip - [Click for QR Code] (314 Bytes, 771 views)
21st July 2008, 11:00 AM |#7  

More
Thanks Wensing
The mortscript suggestion works perfectly.
22nd July 2008, 10:07 AM |#8  

More
I am running SwiftBL 3.0, and when I launch the script, TouchFLO3d restarts automatically. Does this script work only on roms that have uninstallable manila?
Or do I have to edit some registry settings so that manila doesn't restart automatically?
23rd August 2008, 09:35 PM |#9  

More
when I try and assign a button there are no buttons to select in my menu, any ideas why?
27th August 2008, 09:57 PM |#10  

More
Uncheck TF3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhouse

I am running SwiftBL 3.0, and when I launch the script, TouchFLO3d restarts automatically. Does this script work only on roms that have uninstallable manila?
Or do I have to edit some registry settings so that manila doesn't restart automatically?

Have u tried to uncheck TF3D from Settings->Today->Items before launching the mortscript?
27th August 2008, 10:05 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by podman2004

when I try and assign a button there are no buttons to select in my menu, any ideas why?

So far, I am using Settings->Buttons and I assign "ToggleManila" to Button1(Hold). By default this may have been assigned to other programs such as Voice Commander etc. Just replace it with "ToggleManila".

I am not familiar with other more advance programs that allow u to assign it to the other hard buttons, so I am sorry I can't advice u on that.

By the way, u might have to create a shortcut that points to the actual file where u place the ToggleManila.mscr, and then u put this shortcut (I simply name it ToggleManila.lnk) inside Windows->Start Menu->Programs before u can select "ToggleManila".

See if it works.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)