FORUMS

[September 14|2008] INDIA ROM & Shivam 310 ROM (32MB Free)

427 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By rdosti, Senior Member on 11th June 2008, 05:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1) "SHIVAM-310" ROM - 28th July 2008

Normal
Free Program Memory: 32 MB
Free Storage Memory: 36.59 MB

128Dpi
Free Program Memory: 32.30 MB

96Dpi
Free Program Memory: 32.40 MB

ROM is extremely fast, stable and safe to use.

No Known Issues at this point of time.

Update: 3434 Downloads since the time of this update.

Download:
http://rapidshare.com/files/131337638/SHIVAM310.zip

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2) "INDIA ROM" ROM - 14th September 2008

Temporarily removed due to bad cooking..my bad...

Since I dont check PM's or the forum every day, I need you to email me requests, suggestions , feedback (blah blah blah) to [email protected]

Best Regards,
11th June 2008, 05:02 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ahmedabad

Donate to Me
More
S-Series ROMS:

rDosti S1 (Size:48919 KB)

V-Series ROMS:

rDosti V11 (July 2,2008 | 57403 KB) Program Memory Free: 35.90MB (Regular) | 37.65 (128dpi) | 37.80 (96dpi) |32MB RamDisk

rDosti V10 (July 1,2008 | 57400 KB) Program Memory Free: 35.52MB (Regular) | 36.28 (128dpi) | 37.24 (96dpi) |32MB RamDisk

rDosti V9.1 (June 28,2008 | 57410 KB) - Program Memory Free: 34.60MB (Regular) | 35.37 (128dpi) | 35.60 (96dpi) |32MB RamDisk

rDosti V9 (June 27,2008 | 58052 KB) - Program Memory Free: 34.30MB (Regular) | 34.92 (128dpi) | 32MB RamDisk

rDosti V.8 (June 26,2008 | 57948 KB) Program Memory: 32.27 MB (Regular), 32.98 (128Dpi) | 32MB RamDisk

rDosti v.7 Program Memory: 32.27 MB (Regular), 32.98 (128Dpi) | 8MB RamDisk

rDosti v.6 - Program Memory: 31.44MB (Regular), 31.90MB (128Dpi) | No Ram-Disk

rDosti v.5 - Program Memory: 29.94MB (Regular), 31.40MB (128Dpi) | No Ram-Disk

rDosti v.4 - Camera Broken, SDHC issue.

ROM VERSION:

Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
CE OS 5.2.19188 (build 19174.1.0.0)
Processor - PXA270 - 520 MHz
--------------------------------------
F.A.Q.

Guide to Seeing MAX RAM:
In order to see the below effect, after initial startup be sure to go to Settings - Home Today - remove all Home Today options. Go to Program Files and Click Oxio. You will generally see around 30MB free. Now Reboot the Device. Once it starts when you click on the Start Menu you'll see Oxio as a quick shortcut since you used it last. Click that and you'll see the max Free Ram Upto 38MB. (128/96Dpi Mode)

What is RamDisk? Why do you let me configure it?

Unlike Flashdisk, RamDisk is temporary storage. It's used to store files or temporary files and folders till you reboot. One of the most common uses of it is to store Internet Browsing History/Cookies/Temp files there, so once you reset your phone it clears up. If you don't use RAMDISK and surf the net alot, cleaning your extra useless temp files and cookies can be a nuisance. This helps you out. You can create ramdisks from 2/4MB as high as 32MB on the 64 Uni and possibly more on the 128MB uni depending upon requirement. Remember once you reset your device the files stored in the ramdisk will wipe out. Some users don't need high ram disks and some don't need them at all. Meanwhile some users do a lot of surfing and want to clear their cache/temp/traces without pains of software. This ensures that!

Guide to Get Extra Storage & RamDisk:
1) Use the attached Ext-Rom Unlock Cab to get 10 MB Additional Storage!
2) See the RAMDISK Install.txt inside Ext ROM to get your ram disk active.

Why don't you use version 19900 (or newest cores) like others?

The simplest reason is I found Thing_xx Kitchen to be stable, fast and effective. I know everyone loves seeing the latest thing, but I personally believe what is Best is what is Effective and Efficient (Stable, Fast, Secure). The latest ROM's seem to have tons of bugs and issues (probably because of quick porting and less depth analysis). I find the kitchen I use as a very stable one, and one that offers the best overall. You must also realise that the Universal was given Windows Mobile 5.0 and not 6.x! All Roms that are 6.x for the Universal are ported. As a result you might never find a perfect compatible rom for the Universal. I feel stability on any 6.x rom kitchen is important. My ROM's are aimed to be Stable, Fast & Effective (in that order).

Why is my RAM less at times?

After loading the system (bootup) , if you go to program files or settings or any other location of the device, ram is utilized immediately. Even after you exit the program folder, some of the ram is "cached" in so later attempts go faster. As a result ram may vary time to time. Our initial startup ram mentioned goes through a quick process of multiple steps and a reboot in order to remove the extra cache. Movements made after seeing the initial ram will change the amount of free ram from time to time. It is possible that if you're using the RAMDISK it will convert there.

I need help! Can You Help Me?

If you need help please email me directly at admin @ rdosti.com or add me on msn messenger: [email protected]. Otherwise feel free to use the Xda Forums for help, suggestions,etc. I can not guarantee a response or a solution. I will try to help you out if I can.

"Wow! I love your rom. I wish I could help you!"

You actually can help me in one of the 3 ways as mentioned:

1) PM or email me and become a partner (help me find cabs, test roms and do some fun testing stuff).
2) Send me an email at admin @ rdosti.com , thanking me and telling me how you loved or liked the rom. (Keeps me motivated)
3) If you can donate even a dollar or more, I would appreciate it. I can't ask for funds, but if you feel I deserve it or feel you want to thank me, this would be a great way for me to get another handset (universal or other and make more roms) (probably motivational as well). I don't drink, so I can't ask for a beer - Donations can be sent to admin @ rdosti.com (PayPal).

Instructions to Flash:

Hold "Flashlight Bulb Icon & the Power On Button" (at the same time) and using your pin/stick push the "soft reset" button. Wait till you get a screen that shows your bootloader on the bottom. I advise using the latest bootloader for your G3/G4 device.

The "bulb icon" is on the center-side of your PocketPC next (left of) the volume (up & down/left & right) key OR on the right side of the camera & speech/recorder hardware key.

The "power button" is on the top side of the Pocketpc - right next to the SDCARD/MMC card slot.

The "reset" hole/button is on the side behind the pocketpc (opposite side of the bulb icon key). The "reset" hole is the tiny hole in between the charger port and the headphone jack.

Is Your Rom 100% Safe?

No, my Rom Is NOT 100% Safe. I take no liability of any issues arising due to the flashing or trying to flash of the ROM or any of my work. There are chances things may mess up and cause issues or even "brick" or "kill" your phone.
Your phone should be SIM-Unlocked before flashing. We have used the Universal RUU (CID bypassing) in our zip, however remember all ROM's have a chance of failure or causing problems. I take no responsibility of the way by ROMs are used.

--------------------------------

Thanks to: THING_V41.build28, and all - Ranju/Tomal, Other Cookers, members and supporters. Thanks to EFN for Kitchen. Special thanks to Teh Penguin (for belief and trust), and to my fellow friends and members!

Disclaimer : It's fast,"stable"(Non crashing/freezing), and very "non--eye candy". Use/Flash ROM at your own risk. Disasters might happen. I take no responsibility for the same.
---------------------

---------------------------------------------
SCREENSHOTS:

It's "Dark" Vanilla For Godsake!

See Page 51 of this thread for images by Hanzo_
Thanks so much!
11th June 2008, 05:10 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi!

Screenshot the ROM?
11th June 2008, 05:16 PM |#4  
Flag Grovetown
Thanks Meter: 137

Donate to Me
More
thank you i will test now but i have a qusetion why i can't find rom like TNT for kjam so nice roms ... all roms for UNI look a same maybe we dont have good cookers or what
11th June 2008, 05:30 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ahmedabad

Donate to Me
More
kjam - Isnt Universal.

Univeral = Jasjar, O2 Exec, Etc.

Well the best cookers..are busy with other things

Cookers like us have to play a role now Though my main focus will be Vanilla Roms since I prefer letting the user put what he/she wants, rather than adding too many things that some people like, others done.
11th June 2008, 06:38 PM |#6  
Flag France
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I have never seen a WM6 or WM6.1 ROM with 31,4Mb of RAM free. Awesome!!!
11th June 2008, 07:00 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Error

The file could not be found. Please check the download link.
11th June 2008, 07:07 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ahmedabad

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by al_3sjad

Error

The file could not be found. Please check the download link.

Fixed. Check now.

File Size (for download .zip) should be appx. 48968 KB
11th June 2008, 07:16 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdosti

Fixed. Check now.

File Size (for download .zip) should be appx. 48968 KB

THANK YOU ........
11th June 2008, 07:16 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 259

More
First of all... thank you for this!
I am so curious to give it a try and... eheh damn I just reflashed my Universal yesterday! :P

Nice one and comments soon!
11th June 2008, 07:21 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ahmedabad

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sev7en

First of all... thank you for this!
I am so curious to give it a try and... eheh damn I just reflashed my Universal yesterday! :P

Nice one and comments soon!

You're most welcome Well hopefully you get time later on to try it out
Have a great week.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)