Thanks Meter: 72

By commissionerg, Senior Member on 17th June 2008, 03:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd February 2011, 12:32 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwella

The main requirement is to pick out one Admin and send him/her a bit of green say $500 each week till your picked. Dont worry about the money because the pay for Mods begins at $97,500 a year and you get a boost each quarter. I was a mod on four sites so you can see it did not take long to retire which by the way you receive one half your annual salary in retirement for the rest of your life. Time requirements is to check your area at least once a week but a little tip.......if your shooting for Admin you might want to check in two or maybe 3 times a week which shows your dedication. You are doing a good job with padding the post counts with pretty much nothing being said so good luck.....

d

nice one

Sent from my MotoA953 using Tapatalk

9th July 2019, 08:25 AM |#52  
Flag DC
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I don't mind whatever moniker you want to give me, but not letting me PM someone till I've made 30 posts?

Does that seem wrong to anyone else?

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

I'm no stranger to forums, and have thousands of posts in other forums, so I'm no stranger to how they work.

I figured maybe 10 posts, as memory seems to recall that being normal.

I had a real need to PM someone after a dozen or so posts, and was shocked I couldn't. Had to conduct a private conversation in the body of a thread. B*llish!t
9th July 2019, 09:22 AM |#53  
Moderator Committee / Senior Moderator / XDA Labs Contributor / Forest Keeper
Forest stage inhabited by robot bats, mechanical hares and atomic chickens
Thanks Meter: 16,137

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dew Me

I don't mind whatever moniker you want to give me, but not letting me PM someone till I've made 30 posts?

Does that seem wrong to anyone else?

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

I'm no stranger to forums, and have thousands of posts in other forums, so I'm no stranger to how they work.

I figured maybe 10 posts, as memory seems to recall that being normal.

I had a real need to PM someone after a dozen or so posts, and was shocked I couldn't. Had to conduct a private conversation in the body of a thread. B*llish!t

Hi,

Members below 30 posts can send PMs, they can actually do this even with 0 post.

First off, you probably already did it but you need to make sure the Private Messaging feature is enabled in your XDA control panel > edit options: https://forum.xda-developers.com/pro...do=editoptions

Or check the other options?

Then, another reason why you wouldn't be able to send a PM would be because the person you want to contact doesn't accept PMs from non-moderators. It's an option, still in XDA control panel > edit options FYI:
"You may limit the receipt of private messages to just moderators and your contacts. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging.
Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators"

You can try to send me a PM as a test, I don't mind to help you testing PMs.

If it doesn't work even with me, we will then see what we can do for you.

PS: I don't understand the tone of your post though...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wood Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wood Man Ad-Free
9th July 2019, 10:38 AM |#54  
Flag DC

More
@Wood Man

I apologize for my tone. I didn't realize my frustration was showing so much. The situation I was describing embarrassing.

I DL'd the app, and have exclusively been using that. I went in all the settings screens I could find, and saw nothing pertaining to PM's. Because of your response I clicked on the link, and went in the my browser. There was settings there that couldn't find in the app.
PM's were enabled, and I tried to PM you, but I was unable.

Is there any issues with sending PM's through the app?

Or does the app have post # rules that don't exist through a browser?
9th July 2019, 10:41 AM |#55  

More
Quote:

@Wood Man

I apologize for my tone. I didn't realize my frustration was showing so much. The situation I was describing embarrassing.

I DL'd the app, and have exclusively been using that. I went in all the settings screens I could find, and saw nothing pertaining to PM's. Because of your response I clicked on the link, and went in the my browser. There was settings there that couldn't find in the app.
PM's were enabled, and I tried to PM you, but I was unable.

Is there any issues with sending PM's through the app?

Or does the app have post # rules that don't exist through a browser?

Did you fill the PM subject? Please retry.

Also, no there's no specific post # rule for xda app.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wood Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wood Man Ad-Free
9th July 2019, 10:44 AM |#56  

More
Here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190709_114345.png
Views:	28
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	4789410  
The Following User Says Thank You to Wood Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wood Man Ad-Free
9th July 2019, 11:02 AM |#57  
Flag DC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Man

Here

I am an idiot.

That was exactly the problem.

PM sent
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dew Me For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dew Me Ad-Free
9th July 2019, 11:37 AM |#58  

More
Quote:

I am an idiot.

PM sent

No problem and PM received
9th July 2019, 11:49 AM |#59  

More
Quote:

I am an idiot.

PM sent

I forgot to say that we requested to the developer of XDA Labs / XDA app to add an error message when the PM subject is missing a while ago. So maybe we will have it someday.
FYI, here is a related post in the XDA app thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...ostcount=11641
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wood Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wood Man Ad-Free
12th July 2019, 05:43 PM |#60  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
https://forum.xda-developers.com/general
12th July 2019, 07:49 PM |#61  
RC-RT Committee Lead / Moderator Committee / Senior Moderator - "Si vis pacem, para bellum"
Thanks Meter: 56,267

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon369

https://forum.xda-developers.com/general

"How to upgrade from junior member?" By not posting like this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190712-114849.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	4791263

✯✯✯ Υ Σ Μ Χ ✯✯✯
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank Castle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Frank Castle Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)