HavocOS Q (Treble), ROM for the Redmi 7A

Contributors
Fajormein
ROM OS Version: Android 10

Version Information

Created 2019-11-29
Last Updated 2019-11-29

HavocOS

I proudly present HavocOS for our Redmi 7A - pine.
Bugs
- Video recording in stock camera. Download Gcam or Footej Camera to fix.
Downloads
v1v2
Gapps
You might have to install the Certification Patch!

Install guide
Mount System in TWRP
Install rom from img
Wipe dalvik+cache
Reboot

XDA:DevDB Information

Contributors
Fajormein

Version Information

Created 2019-11-29
Last Updated 2019-11-29

Great work man, just curious does it have VoLTE or not as i heavily depend on the VoLTE only network.

Geethananth M

Dec 6, 2019

Bro just extract the archive, boot twrp, choose install image and choose system partition. After flashing completeboot again into twrp do a factory reset then flash Gapps and you are good to go.
Tried the ROM and found No VoLte and rounded corners are too rounded :(

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Great work man, just curious does it have VoLTE or not as i heavily depend on the VoLTE only network.

VoLte Not working bro. Corners are too rounded found these two issues everything else working fine

Reactions: mr.unknwn

boody shaban

Oct 11, 2014
Can't install gapps

17883001.png

HavocOS

Bugs
Downloads
v1 v2
Gapps

Install guide
  • Mount System in TWRP
  • Install rom from img
  • Wipe dalvik+cache
  • Reboot

Contributors
Fajormein

Version Information

Created 2019-11-29
Last Updated 2019-11-29

Hi, I followed the steps and It booted successfully, everything worked fine but without gapps. I can't install gapps due to an error; "insufficient storage in system partition"
Although the system partition were much larger before installing this image, on miui 10, 11 and mokee.
Any solution? :confused:

*EDIT*
If I flash custom magisk boot image, it bootloops. I tried with su, binary needs to be updated but still doesn't work. So no root available in this ROM. Which means no heavy modifications such as xposed

Last edited:

boody shaban

Oct 11, 2014
One more thing, recents menu is sometimes laggy, and sometimes doesn't respond. I tried deactivating pixel launcher but its still the same.

LilXon

Dec 15, 2019
Which one would you recommend? Mokee or is it?

Hi, I followed the steps and It booted successfully, everything worked fine but without gapps. I can't install gapps due to an error; "insufficient storage in system partition"
Although the system partition were much larger before installing this image, on miui 10, 11 and mokee.

*EDIT*
If I flash custom magisk boot image, it bootloops. I tried with su, binary needs to be updated but still doesn't work. So no root available in this ROM. Which means no heavy modifications such as xposed

Which one would you recommend? Mokee or is it? The difference in performance with respect to MIUI 11 is observed

Reactions: boody shaban

boody shaban

Oct 11, 2014
Well, mokee is official and its nightly so I can't yet judge it but although havoc is unofficial, but it runs perfectly smooth and I'm still testing it and no bugs so far. Everything runs smooth even in games, screen and media. Also camera with gcam mod. So personally I prefer havoc os, too much useful modifications and android 10 has smooth animations. But has no root access. Mokee has built in root but system RO. I tried to make it RW but couldn't. So it's kinda uselees :eek:

---------- Post added at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

Which one would you recommend? Mokee or is it? The difference in performance with respect to MIUI 11 is observed
After testing both, lineage has few features compared to havoc. So havoc is my choice. Also lineage had a laggy notification bar from time to time, only way to fix it is to reboot. And that issue that havoc has, the laggy recents; fix it by doing a clean flash *format all except system and internal/SD*
And I'd recommend resizing system partition before flashing gapps. And bitgapps doesn't work, use any arm android 10 gapps instead

R

Rahulpal.DD

17883001.png

HavocOS

Bugs
Downloads
v1 v2
Gapps

Install guide
  • Mount System in TWRP
  • Install rom from img
  • Wipe dalvik+cache
  • Reboot

Contributors
Fajormein

Version Information

Created 2019-11-29
Last Updated 2019-11-29

Great work, Thanks for working with this device, we will wait for new Roms too. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    17883001.png
    HavocOS

I proudly present HavocOS for our Redmi 7A - pine.​
    Bugs
    - Video recording in stock camera. Download Gcam or Footej Camera to fix.​
    Downloads
    v1
    v2
    You might have to install the Certification Patch!​

Install guide
    • Mount System in TWRP
    • Install rom from img
    • Wipe dalvik+cache
    • Reboot

Contributors
    Fajormein

Version Information

Created 2019-11-29
    Last Updated 2019-11-29
    I am facing the same issue with gapps. It reports that the space available in System partition is insufficient and exits with error code 70. Did anyone figure out how to fix this?

EDIT: Nevermind! I just fixed it. I just had to resize the System partition by going to Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select System>Repair or Change File System>Resize File System in TWRP. Hopefully this information will be useful to someone.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

*EDIT*

Try resizing the System partition in TWRP. It worked for me.

Bro just extract the archive, boot twrp, choose install image and choose system partition. After flashing completeboot again into twrp do a factory reset then flash Gapps and you are good to go.
    Tried the ROM and found No VoLte and rounded corners are too rounded :(

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

VoLte Not working bro. Corners are too rounded found these two issues everything else working fine
    Which one would you recommend? Mokee or is it?

*EDIT*

can i install it using the following commands :
    fastboot erase system
    fastboot -u flash system img.img ?