Ultra Vanilla for SPL 1.2 and SPL 3.5

Search This thread

irus

Jun 29, 2007
Please make sure that your device is cid and sim unlocked before installing the rom - http://xdaforums.com/show...80#post1354180 Also put your device into bootloader manually by pressing the camera button and softreset at the same time

Ok first I just want to say thanks to eaglesteve for helping me test new BT stacks however, I was unable to get a bt stack that would do file transfer to and from phone or laptop and still have it work for bt headsets. I should point out that the bt stack that is in there does work just not for everything some of the files are from the diamond and some are from ap4 and I personally have tested using BT headphones, BT mouse and BT keyboard all at the same time and it works pretty well. I also want to thank ervius for helping me with xip porting and to cmonex for helping with anything I needed help with and thanks to Anunnaki for the animated startup and anyone else I forgot about

I added new splash screens that are in line with the startup theme from my last rom, hope u guys like as I did it myself :)

Ultra Vanilla: build 19521.1.1.0

added total commander over file explorer
removed stuff from cpl reg
added custsk to config.txt
fixed welcomehead startup
switched band to auto
changed quickgps reg settings to 7 days
changed default phone skin
enabled autotimezone
added tcpmp and all plugins in place of wmp
added easy config for wimp with hardrest option (will be explained in download folder)

Of course this is a uc compliant rom if you are unfamiliar with this then click on the link to find out how to make a sdconfig.txt file so all your apps are loaded automatically http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=366337

I have removed about 22mb of stuff but I kept all the reg settings and intflashfiles.dat settings also. So if you want to add any of that stuff back into the rom just copy it to your device and it should work.

There are no screen shots as this is Ultra Vanilla so there is not much to show off

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
SPL 1.2
Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JUMZDFSC

RapidShare: http://rapidshare.com/files/124525912/irus_ultra_vanilla.zip.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
SPL 3.5
Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WIHKNYO2

RapidShare: http://rapidshare.com/files/124540958/irus_ultra_lite_spl_3.5.zip.html
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

this should have just about everything you can think of. file size is 113.13MB enjoy

Addons - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1PNOJ4GM

Last edited:

beginner

Nov 18, 2005
incredible!!!

thanks for sharing.

do you know about registry editor from total commander? Looks is not included

looks the button assignation for networks is lost (right side, over power button)and commmgr.exe is not present

Last edited:

apap

Jan 31, 2003
Irus,

I just installed it and have the following questions/concerns:

1. I can't find comm manager so I can't turn on wifi.
2. My previous taxis/irus rom did not have any keyboards installed and I liked that about ultra-lite.
3. no real vga to alter dpi (can I install this separately?).

irus

Jun 29, 2007
Irus,

I just installed it and have the following questions/concerns:

1. I can't find comm manager so I can't turn on wifi.
2. My previous taxis/irus rom did not have any keyboards installed and I liked that about ultra-lite.
3. no real vga to alter dpi (can I install this separately?).

different people use different comm managers so i left it out

i kept default keyboard so people could choose their own

you can install that yourself

apap

Jan 31, 2003
Ok.

Could you (or someone) point me to a comm manager and the realvga software to download.

Thanks!

irus

Jun 29, 2007
I am uploading the addons it will be posted in the post 1 in about 5 mins

irus

Jun 29, 2007
thanks for sharing.

do you know about registry editor from total commander? Looks is not included

looks the button assignation for networks is lost (right side, over power button)and commmgr.exe is not present

the comm manager is located in the deleted folder just copy it along the other files that are assoiated with it to the windows dir and it should work

eaglesteve

Apr 7, 2007
Sydney
GPS is good this time. Cold fix took 1 minutes and 44 seconds outdoor under clear blue sky. The same spot that I stood when I tested the Chinese ROM, which incidentally took more than 6 minutes. But Sprite Terminator still does not work. I think it does not work in WM6.1 period. With Wm6.0 it works.

Noticed an error when trying to navigate to bluetooth folder.

Also, it is strange that a number of my application acquired a generic icon for the application rather than the proper icon. Does anyone else have this problem? Edit: icon appeared after a soft reset.

Still installing application, but it feels fast. I think you have a winner here.

Last edited:

irus

Jun 29, 2007
GPS is good this time. Cold fix took 1 minutes and 44 seconds outdoor under clear blue sky. The same spot that I stood when I tested the Chinese ROM, which incidentally took more than 6 minutes. But Sprite Terminator still does not work. I think it does not work in WM6.1 period. With Wm6.0 it works.

Noticed an error when trying to navigate to bluetooth folder.

Also, it is strange that a number of my application acquired a generic icon for the application rather than the proper icon. Does anyone else have this problem? Edit: icon appeared after a soft reset.

Still installing application, but it feels fast. I think you have a winner here.

to be honest i noticed better gps fix but i thought it might be tomtom7 as i got a cold fix in under 5 min from in my house and did not use quickgps. so glad to here its not just me. also i know about BT problem :( i was trying to get the ms stack and the other stack that you tried that worked on file transfers, to coexist but no luck. glad you like it

eaglesteve

Apr 7, 2007
Sydney
irus,

I thought you had WIMP cooked in, but can't seem to find it.

Your spalsh screen is nice. The only thing I'm uncomfortable is the fact that you advertise to the potential thief how to do hard and soft reset. I'd rather that info be extremely difficult for the thief to obtain.

Cheers.

eaglesteve

Apr 7, 2007
Sydney
I wonder if it is just me. I noticed that occasionally the device seems to refuse to reflesh /update the screen, showing completely wrong info and image. For example, the icon of application often does not get instantly updated after an installation. When I was using my eWallet, when I click on the Field tab, it is not showing the screen for that but from whatever was left behind just before this. Some strange behaviour.

sergiopi

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 14, 2005
Rome
There is something strange with some drivers i think.. TT6 (i've installed the common application for anu LITE rom) screen refresh is very slow, changing menus I see a "fading" slow effect and a sloooow refresh rate. (you used net cf 3.5 right?)
Other suggestion
1)I will suggest to remove customer experience
2) Default sounds aren't working
3) too many SIP, they waste resources and memory

eaglesteve

Apr 7, 2007
Sydney
There is something strange with some drivers i think.. TT6 (i've installed the common application for anu LITE rom) screen refresh is very slow, changing menus I see a "fading" slow effect and a sloooow refresh rate. (you used net cf 3.5 right?)
Other suggestion
1)I will suggest to remove customer experience
2) Default sounds aren't working
3) too many SIP, they waste resources and memory

I think so too. The refreshing of screen is not functioning normally.

Anyone having problem setting up email accounts and connecting to them? I took several attempts before I managed to set up email account. It did not see the service provider I had set up before. My service provider was strangely not on the pull down list when I tried setting it up manually. Later, after it was set up, attempt to download mail results in something to the effect of invalid settings for connection. :confused:

irus

Jun 29, 2007
irus,

I thought you had WIMP cooked in, but can't seem to find it.

Your spalsh screen is nice. The only thing I'm uncomfortable is the fact that you advertise to the potential thief how to do hard and soft reset. I'd rather that info be extremely difficult for the thief to obtain.

Cheers.

that is a good point, i can redo it and give wrong info they keep hitting the ok button with no success :p