iContact Burt Edition (iContact BE) is a separate branch of iContact application, finger-friendly contact manager, which was originally started by Larna and expanded by supbro. iContact BE came apart of supbro's iContact since version 0.73, and is not related to any supbro's versions later than 0.73.
Thanks to larna and supbro for creating and developing such a great application!
THIS SOFTWARE IS DISCONTINUED BY THE AUTHOR.
Please refer to open-source project at http://icontactae.codeplex.com/ for latest sources of iContact BE and AE.
Latest Beta: iContact BE 7.0 beta 2.zip
- The latest stable release is 6.4.5, attached to this post and available on my home page
- iContact Burt Edition 6.3 at Touch-Innovations.com
- Application Files and Skins can also be found at my SkyDrive workspace: iContact Burt Edition at SkyDrive
- QVGA Skins for iContact Burt Edition 6.x
- VGA Skins for iContact Burt Edition 6.x
- Skinning tutorial, including the .skn file options and .png file layout, is available at my home page.
- Windows Mobile 5.0 or higher
- Phone device
Since I've been asked for a donation link, you can do a donation here (WebMoney only, since PayPal donations do not work for Russia).
- It's totally free
- Finger-friendly contact management
- Contact pictures support
- Integrated Call History
- Favorite Contacts list
- Quick jump to contacts by alphabet letters
- Filter contacts by categories
- Fast and comfortable work even on slow devices, loading time is less than 1.5 seconds for 100 contacts on 200MHz devices
- Optional SIM contacts support
- Full-scale T9 search
- Ability to Call, SMS or E-Mail to a contact
- Handy contact details screen
- Quick access to standard Outlook's contact viewing or editing dialog
- VGA support
- Fully skinnable interface. Two QVGA skins included, more skins can be found in my Skin Downloads area or at forum.xda-developers.com
- Fixed drawing of default number in Contact Details (indicator icon placement fixed, DetailsDefaultNumber color used)
- Fixed bug with going to Contact Details from Call Details when call history pictures are disabled (also fixes bug where button 'create contact' was still accessible after creating contact from call details)
- Fixed bug with call not shown in Call History if Get Call History From Database is off and only one call exists in the log
- Fixed list update on adding/removing categories through Outlook Edit Contact window
- Fixed Exit On Action option
Main changes since 6.3.1:
- Huge memory leak bug fixed
- iDialer support, added command-line parameters for iDialer (-favorites, -recents, -contacts, -dialer, -search)
- T9 keyboard polished
- Now it is possible to search by beginnings of words ('T9 Search By Words' option), e.g. 'smi' will find both 'Smith John' and 'John Smith', but not 'Dart Cosmic'
- Other Address and Anniversary added to contact details
- Long tap on Dialer button calls default dialer, short tap calls dialer from settings, if given
- Phone Prefix option now available, allowing to add a prefix to all dialed numbers
- If an external SMS/Mail/Dialer application can not be run, then default app will be called
- Repeats in Call History are now handled properly
- Smart Dialing Number is now OFF by default to avoid ActiveSync synchronization issues
- Smartphone users can now access bottom menu in Details by pressing corresponding numeric key (1 for Back, 2 for View Contact, etc)
- Back key now erases last char in search string on Smartphones
- Background in Details is now drawn gradient for long details too
- Configurator updated to 1.15, now can restart iContact on settings change
- AppToDate support
- No skin changes, you can use the skins from previous release
See full change list in attached Changelog.txt file.