Here's an utility to scroll the current window. And i do mean SCROLL, not jump page by page.
Since i got my first PPC, i didn't like the way you're supposed to read stuff, i wanted to scroll down, but pressing the down key jumped one page down. I wanted a smooth scroll, so i made one myself.
How it works:
1. Run the app
2. Minimize it (either with your favourite task manager or tap Start/Today) - DON'T CLOSE IT
3. From now on, the UP/DOWN keys scroll the content of the current window - smooth scroll
Volume Up / Volume Down also scroll (a bit faster) - this won't work on some devices that have custom use for the volume keys.
4. You can disable/enable when needed by mapping a button to RKeyScroll Switch (each tap switches between scroll mode / normal mode.
5. When you're finished with it, run it again, or activate it in your task manager and press ok in it (left softkey)
2. It doesn't work in Start/Programs and in Word/Excel (maybe Powerpoint) - I don't know why
If you find other programs (MAJOR PROGRAMS - WHICH MANY PEOPLE USE) that don't work, post here - please don't spam and don't post a program that doesn't need the scroll anyway.
I tested this on my Toshiba G900 (if scrolling with Volume keys, don't hold them pressed) and my wife's HTC Touch.
PS: thanks to Nagakubo Tomohiro (creator of PQz and PQzII) for trying to help.
0.04b - 26 June 2008 - command line options (by default the app has scroll enabled): ss - switch scroll mode - only used if app is already running son - turn scroll mode on - can also be used on startup soff - turn scroll mode off - can also be used on startup only use one command line option at a time this is useful like this: - In Windows/StartUp copy RKeyScroll Off.lnk to start the app every time the system starts with scrolling disabled - In Windows/Start Menu/Programs there's RKeyScroll Switch.lnk -map this to a hardware button of your choice (thanks to fisch3009 for the idea) - made the install easier - packed as a CAB - creates all shortcuts, for automatic startup you must copy manually - G900 version has scroll switch mapped to camera tap (it cannot be remapped with windows anyway) 0.03b - 25 June 2008 - separate version for Toshiba G900 - this i can test on ;) - fixed OK button on Toshiba G900 - when no scroll is possible, buttons do what they normally do - added smoother scrolling on volume up/volume down - changed the code to avoid future bugs ;) - still a bug: when start menu/quick menu is opened, it still scrolls the window beneath 0.02b - 24 June 2008 - first release