FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Diamond skin for PCM Keyboard (cab added 7/2)

255 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By 2manyphones, Senior Member on 25th June 2008, 05:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Since the Diamond came out, I have liked the look of the keyboard and have been using the HTC ported version. However, I got used to some of the customization available from PCM Keyboard so I thought I would make a skin for PCM. Feel free to change or modify any of these files - I don't mind.

NOTE: The developer (tene) seems to have stopped development on PCM Keyboard. The current version is V14 and while it no longer has a beta expiration, it also has a few bugs that do not look like they will be fixed.

Bugs in PCM Keyboard V14:
1. Auto Suggestion does not work unless you hit the back space key. If you are entering an e-mail address and you press the first few letters of a name in your contact list, it should give you a list to choose from. V14 does not do url]this until you press a few letters and then hit backspace. This does not happen with all devices, but every ROM I have tried on my Elfin GSM it does.
2. IF you use the above mentioned method to get the suggestion list, with this skin the top address is hidden by the task bar. You can still select it, but you can't see it before you select it.

You can download V14 here: http://www.pocketcm.com/keyboard.php
The XDA PCM Keyboard page is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=321712

For this "skin" to work, you must select the skin "Diamond" and the Layout "Diamond Eng" in the PCM settings. I suggest setting the "Show feedback on letters" to 1 ms if you like to see the letters pop up when you press them. It is a good idea to do a soft reset once you have set the skin and layout files.

I suggest using SIP Change to set this as your default keyboard (attached).

Features of this keyboard:
1. Capital letters appear when you press and hold a letter. Or Press shift once for one capital letter and double tap for caps lock on/off. The shift feature sometimes does not go back to lower case or will not stay in caps lock. That is why I did the pop-up caps from the lower case keys.
2. As you can see from the screen shots, there are many characters available from pop-ups on the main keyboard. Please be sure to look there before wondering where certain characters are. Yes there are some missing that I don't use - they can be added in the layout file by changing the type from layout to txt, open in notepad, replace your character with one in the layout, save, change to layout and load to device.
3. The "123" screen has some pop-ups that I didn't do screen shots for. The "E" will give you http:// or if you press and hold it will give you other options. The / key has \ on the press and hold. The - has _ on the press and hold.

Added a cab file that will install the layout and skin files to the \program files\PCMKeyboard folder. You still need need to choose the skin and layout files in the PCM keyboard settings.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Diamond PCM skin layout.zip - [Click for QR Code] (94.2 KB, 1684 views)
File Type: cab SIPChange.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (225.9 KB, 1128 views)
File Type: cab Diamond PCM Skin.cab - [Click for QR Code] (25.1 KB, 1374 views)

25th June 2008, 05:26 PM |#2  

More
will this run on VGA? or QVGA only
25th June 2008, 05:30 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
ok, I did install the cab file and restart my phone but still can't see the new skin!! I have HTC TOUCH
25th June 2008, 06:09 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
QVGA only....
To use SIP change you must go to programs and run SIP change. Select PCM keyboard, press select and wait for the app to exit (don't hit OK to close).
25th June 2008, 07:04 PM |#5  
Flag Damascus

More
great job .... great skin
downloded and used

thanks.
25th June 2008, 07:22 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
It works perfectly:)

THANKS!!!
25th June 2008, 10:03 PM |#7  
Flag Hayward
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Sweet!
Good job, thanks.
25th June 2008, 10:49 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I use all of your sins..Thank dude..
25th June 2008, 11:02 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayaticik

I use all of your sins..Thank dude..

Man I hope you don't use all of my "sins" That might get you thrown in jail!!

Glad you like the skins
25th June 2008, 11:34 PM |#10  
Flag orange
Thanks Meter: 4

More
amazing job! thank you!
any plans to skin pcm contacts?
26th June 2008, 12:26 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofawkurself

amazing job! thank you!
any plans to skin pcm contacts?

There are enough good Diamond PCM contact skins out there, so I don't plan on making any new ones. Glad you like the keyboard skin.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)