This is a animated clock and weather flash theme, it works only of you have flash installed and a flash today plugin, you can test it working here:
It only has 4 buttons:
- Change between clock and weather (the bottom left buttons)
- Configurations (individual, the top right buttons)
- Update weather (the bottom right button)
To use it:
- Install Flash 7: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashp...ds/player.html
- Install ThrottleHTML Today plugin (thank you so much, APBilbo): http://www.throttlelauncher.com/port.../77-twolfflash (this link seems to gone offline, I've added the cab in the attachments of this post).
- Configure in notepad and copy myConfig.txt to the \Windows\ThrottleHTML folder
- On the today settings select the ThrottleHTML Today plugin.
NOTE: The swf was embebed in the TSK, but since the release of the ThrottleHTML plugin its no longer needed, its already in the CAB. You'll just need the myConfig.txt.
myConfig.txt looks like this:
Mylingua=1&END // English=1, Portuguese=2, German=3 Italian=4 Hungarian=5 Spanish=6 French=7 Dutch=8 Chinese=9 Greek=10 // Want your language? Ask it here. &MyClock=1&END // 24h=1 12h=2 &MySecs=1&END // Seconds on=1 Seconds off=2 &MyColor=1&END // Black=1 White=2 MyFont=2&END // Classic=1 Alternative=2 &MyWeather=20009&END // Place your code here &MyMetric=1&END // Celsious=1 Fahrenheit=2 &Loaded=OK&END // Don't change this value, so that the flash file confirms the new variables.
- Go here: http://weather-cities.sytes.net and copy your city code.
...OR, just click in http://www.accuweather.com , then in the international tab search for 'city, country', and it shows the code in the address link...
New version 13(th):
- fixed a bug in all long dates by...
- decreasing the font date a little
- removing the bottom left buttons, now all that area is a big button
- added the Greek language
- fixed a bug with the 11th and 21th days
- fixed the AM-PM not showing up (behind the seconds)
- The name shoud be tempus_v13, but then the plugin wont recognize it, so leave it as it is, in order to work...
TO UPDATE JUST COPY BOTH FILES FROM V13 TO THE \WINDOWS\THROTTLEHTML FOLDER!
THEN RESET OR UNCHECK AND CHECK AGAIN THE PLUGIN ON THE TODAY OPTIONS.
TO MAKE A NEW INSTALL. DOWNLOAD THE CAB FROM APBilbo:
AND AFTER INSTALL, UPDATE BY COPYING BOTH FILES OF V13 TO THE \WINDOWS\THROTTLEHTML FOLDER!
New version 12:
- if you update the weather and there is no connection, he jumps to the "please update" screen
- Painted the grey lines black in the tsk again
- added the chinese language (finally, it wasnt easy)
- Reduced the height size back to 110 px again (v11 went back to 113 px, sorry)
- Made some quality tweaks for a smoother animation switch (between the clock and weather screens)
- Added the source-code in Flash and a separated FLA with the weather animations, just in case you'd like to use them in any other software.
New version 11:
- fixed the mixed up Spanish/Hungarian language (the txt settings file changed too)
- Removed the chinese language option (sorry, if anyone gets me a font with chinese and western characters I'll put it back)
- Added the font choosen settings (added that option to txt settings file also)
- The change color menu now only exists in the weather config (lack of space)
- Changed the "Please update" weather screen to a more colorfull one
- The start menu text is now white (it was black)
- Fixed a small problem with the fishes not changing randomly (there are 6 diferent species, you know...)
- Simplified the fish animations so that the they'd swim smoother
- Added a small animation switch between time/weather.
- Changed the butons sensitive area
New version 10:
- Italian character on the date and display fixed
- English date fixed again
- French date fixed again
- Added black lines to the tsk
- Added a small easter egg (hehehe)
- Added the Dutch language
New version 9:
- Retouched the buttons shadows
- Fixed the clock icon in the white background
- Slimmed down the sixe to 240x110 (less 3px in height) by request
- Changed the startup animation
- Fixed the font (it had a little error since v7)
- IF you change the degrees, it now auto-updates (it didnt since v7, my bad).
- Added a alternative clock font (just as a test for now)
- Added the correct pronounciation of the english date(th)
New version 8:
- Added the reload button on the weather config.
- changed the local weather config, there's now the 'MY' (as myConfig.txt) option.
- changed the Portuguese dates a little
- if you go to the weather config and dont change the location, he now doesnt need to re-update the weather
- changed the background graphics a bit
- Bigger sensitive area on all buttons
- minor change in the settings symbol (the icon previously known as pacman)
- Created a link to the setting text file.
New version 7, just bug fixes:
- Smoother seconds animation (not much)
- Capital weather code fixed (it had a extra "|" in the end)
- Small shadow on the weather degrees
- Removed the letters C and F in the degrees (so it just show 20º)
- Moon and clouds images with more quality
- Fixed bug with the white background (it didnt updated the settings on both configs and removed the date text)
- Guerman date fixed
- French date fixed
- New loading
- Fixed strange characters on the country code issues (I think...)
V12 Download mirror: http://rapidshare.de/files/39911091/Tempus_v12.zip.html
V13 Update mirror: http://rapidshare.de/files/39980709/Tempus_v13.zip.html
Again, thank you so much to everyone who left valuable feedback so that this swf could have all the languages and bugs fixed and to APBilbo, without whom this swf would never be a usable today plugin.