Tytn Camera

Search This thread

Zero|Cool

May 23, 2008
Portugal
Hello you guys. I don't have a macro mode since I bought the phone (to another person). It looks like the phone is always in landscape mode. When I pull that button on the back of the camera (to choose between the modes modes) nothing happens. In addition when i push the button up (landscape mode) it doesn't go till the end of that "mini path"(dont know how to call it :D).

Here's a pic of what i mean:

I hope u can help me. I found this problem because my grilfriend bought a hermes too (from VDF UK) and in hers the macro mode actually work's. :p

mrpiggae

Sep 11, 2007
Socal
Did the previous owner ever disassemble the phone? I think the cameras mode selection lever can function improperly if it isn't in the correct position during reassembly.

Zero|Cool

May 23, 2008
Portugal
Did the previous owner ever disassemble the phone? I think the cameras mode selection lever can function improperly if it isn't in the correct position during reassembly.

No he didn't. As a matter of fact HTC did. It had that problem with screen alignment. It is still in warranty but i already CID, unlocked, changed radio & rom :rolleyes:So I dont know what to do...

MikeChannon

Forum Admin
Staff member
Jun 7, 1972
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
HTC along with other repairers often forget to line up the small arm on the camera with the toggle switch on the back cover (As the above poster says).

If you have no warranty then remove the back cover and line up the camera arm with the switch - and test before putting the screws back in.

It's a fiddly job but not difficult - may take you a few attempts, that's why you should not put screws back in until you have checked it's working.

Here you can see the black lever arm on the right side of the camera. It needs to be lined up with the switch on the back cover. It is often forgotten when re-assembling:

IMAGE_047.jpg

Mike

Last edited:

Zero|Cool

May 23, 2008
Portugal
HTC along with other repairers often forget to line up the small arm on the camera with the toggle switch on the back cover (As the above poster says).

If you have no warranty then remove the back cover and line up the camera arm with the switch - and test before putting the screws back in.

It's a fiddly job but not difficult - may take you a few attempts, that's why you should not put screws back in until you have checked it's working.

Here you can see the black lever arm on the right side of the camera. It needs to be lined up with the switch on the back cover. It is often forgotten when re-assembling:

IMAGE_047.jpg

Mike

May I break the device by doing that? Or the camera? Im saying because I tried to push it harder up, but nothing happened...

MikeChannon

Forum Admin
Staff member
Jun 7, 1972
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
May I break the device by doing that? Or the camera? Im saying because I tried to push it harder up, but nothing happened...

Don't force that lever, you could snap the plastic! If the switch is not linked to the lever it will not work.

Taking the back cover off will VOID your warranty. If you do not have a warranty then you can either take it for repair or do it yourself. If you take it for repair just tell them the back has been put on with the switch disengaged from the lever.

If you do it yourself you will need to remove the 4 screws with a Torx 6 screwdriver. Open the case at the bottom end first preferably using a "case opening tool" or a plastic knife. There are small plastic grroves all around and you need to gently prize the case off.

Then the fiddly bit. Try to set the arm of the camera fully up and the switch on the case in the same position. With luck the switch will engage the lever. This may take several attempts before you get them matched up.

Mike

Zero|Cool

May 23, 2008
Portugal
Don't force that lever, you could snap the plastic! If the switch is not linked to the lever it will not work.

Taking the back cover off will VOID your warranty. If you do not have a warranty then you can either take it for repair or do it yourself. If you take it for repair just tell them the back has been put on with the switch disengaged from the lever.

If you do it yourself you will need to remove the 4 screws with a Torx 6 screwdriver. Open the case at the bottom end first preferably using a "case opening tool" or a plastic knife. There are small plastic grroves all around and you need to gently prize the case off.

Then the fiddly bit. Try to set the arm of the camera fully up and the switch on the case in the same position. With luck the switch will engage the lever. This may take several attempts before you get them matched up.

Mike

Thanks for your reply :) Hum I have CID the phone, unlocked it and everything. Is there a way to set it back to the original state? If yes ill take it to warranty, if not ill do it myslef :D