FORUMS

7/28/2008 Update HTC Diamond Dialer + Black and Call history

396 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By poorlyduck, Senior Member on 5th July 2008, 07:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Firstable sorry for the delay, Ive been busy doing other things. This HTC dialer skin made from HTC OEM pack you can find it in http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=344533, its very simple skin inspired by diamond, I know there is to many dialer skins but most of them has bugs or speed dial not working so I went ahead and skinned the HTC OEM dialer like I did with my vista skin, This is a not a program that I created myself, this the original HTC Dialer skinned, I did some registry editing to get the icons show in the progress and also changing the colors of the text and selection, so please dont be asking me question concerning the program itself becaue I did not make it, Im just a skinner, if you have any issue concerning the HTC dialer not working in your device, put your question in the thread mentioned above. anything about the graphics Im ready to answer your questions.

If you like what I do, Click in Donate Button in my signature to buy me a drink, thanx.

Update 7/27/05

- New HTC dialer CAB with END/TALK fixed, now are separate buttons thanx to superflysocal for the heads up. (poorlyduck Diamond Dialer.cab)
- Added Call History Icons thanx to akadonny for the Tip.
- Made new cab for Mogul (Titan users) using BlueFrog Big buttons dialer Template. (poorlyduck Titan Diamond Dialer.cab)

- Made a black Dialer skin, Remember, this skin is from HTC OEM dialer linked above, means if the HTC dilaer works for u, then this will with no problems.

Not To do list:

- 3G Dialer with video call as I dont have a 3G device, I looked in the original graphic files and its totally different, So Im skipping this one, sorry guys.
- VGA Version of this dialer as I dont own VGA device to test.

Donators:

Bardia Garsha, zPacKRat, rnbrigance, Scott Udell, Jonathan Weaver, BRANDYN FIDEL

5th July 2008, 08:04 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Great news!!

Thank you!, nice work... looking forward for the final version.
5th July 2008, 08:15 PM |#3  
Flag Santa Ana
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlyduck

Im working on HTC dialer skin from HTC OEM pack you can find it in http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=344533 portrait is done and Im working on landscape right now, its very simple skin inspired by diamond, I know there is to many dialer skins but most of them has bugs or speed dial not working so I went ahead and skinned the HTC OEM dialer like I did with my vista skin, because I always look in every detail that why the color of the text in the image bellow is really bothering me, I tried to edit many registry colors to change the font to Grey but I failed, if anyone have a clue where in the registry I should go to change it would be great.
hopefully tonight it will be posted.

Have you checked all the text color entries in

HKLM -- Security--Phone--Skin

I was able to change mine to all white.

What are your registry entries?
5th July 2008, 09:00 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]$

Have you checked all the text color entries in

HKLM -- Security--Phone--Skin

I was able to change mine to all white.

What are your registry entries?

maybe urs is CDMA version and its different, if you can download the HTC oem one and open he registry file, then hopefully you can find out which one I should I change,I did already checked all the registry files and I was able to change the smartdialing colors but not the one shown in the image below. also I just noticed the letters MNE need to be changed to MNO, typing mistake. I appreciate any help.
5th July 2008, 09:07 PM |#5  
Flag Santa Ana

More
Quote:

maybe urs is CDMA version and its different, if you can download the HTC oem one and open he registry file, then hopefully you can find out which one I should I change,I did already checked all the registry files and I was able to change the smartdialing colors but not the one shown in the image below. also I just noticed the letters MNE need to be changed to MNO, typing mistake. I appreciate any help.

Yes I have a CDMA version. I found the HTC Dialer ZIP on the link you posted. I s that the one you are using? Or is it another one?

UPDATE

I just checked the registry entries from the HTC Dialer and it's missing a lot of registry entries that would allow you to customize the dialer extensively.

What you could do is use the Mogul Big Button Dialer (CDMA) and just change the registry entries and XML to install the rest of the necessary images to work with GSM / Touch "Vouge" phones too.

Or just copy the registry entries from the Mogul Big Button dialer into the HTC Dialer.

I would do the first suggestion, just because it would allow CDMA users to use your dialer, or you might have to make a separate one if you chose to.
5th July 2008, 09:32 PM |#6  
Flag Alexandria

More
will this contain smart dial,redial and big contact picture
5th July 2008, 11:16 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Mazika

will this contain smart dial,redial and big contact picture

if u used the HTC dialer before, this is exactly what it is, its just different skin, it does have redial, smartdialing.
5th July 2008, 11:18 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]$

Yes I have a CDMA version. I found the HTC Dialer ZIP on the link you posted. I s that the one you are using? Or is it another one?

UPDATE

I just checked the registry entries from the HTC Dialer and it's missing a lot of registry entries that would allow you to customize the dialer extensively.

What you could do is use the Mogul Big Button Dialer (CDMA) and just change the registry entries and XML to install the rest of the necessary images to work with GSM / Touch "Vouge" phones too.

Or just copy the registry entries from the Mogul Big Button dialer into the HTC Dialer.

yes I noticed that, but I already add some regitry from cdma version, to be able to change some colors, in progress mode and smartdialing but Im still trying to figure out what registry entry allows the connected text to be changed.
I would do the first suggestion, just because it would allow CDMA users to use your dialer, or you might have to make a separate one if you chose to.
6th July 2008, 12:22 AM |#9  
Flag Santa Ana

More
Quote:

yes I noticed that, but I already add some regitry from cdma version, to be able to change some colors, in progress mode and smartdialing but Im still trying to figure out what registry entry allows the connected text to be changed.

I just tried it on my XV6800 with the "Mogul Big Button Dialer"

I changed two things and it changed the entire Text in the Screen and the digits when you dial.

HKLM -- Security--Phone--Skin--Dialer--(Landscape/Portrait)--Text TextColor=

HKLM --Security--Phone--Skin--Dialer--(Landscape/Portrait)--VerbButton textColor=

I changed mine both to a decimal value of 16777215 "White"
so you can probably do this for both and have the text white like how you intended.

The registry entries are case sentative. Especially between "TextColor" and "textColor"

UPDATE

I posted a sample REG Key from my phone.
It's inside the ZIP.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Dialer Skin REG.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.5 KB, 516 views)
6th July 2008, 12:25 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
carlos,

even if the touch stock doesn't have a key that changes that color, if we can find out what the key is, you can just add the key on the touch and it "should" work as well. can you export the keys to a reg file and post it and we will dissect and figure out what key it is.
6th July 2008, 12:28 AM |#11  
Flag Santa Ana

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysocal

carlos,

even if the touch stock doesn't have a key that changes that color, if we can find out what the key is, you can just add the key on the touch and it "should" work as well. can you export the keys to a reg file and post it and we will dissect and figure out what key it is.

I posted the entries that changed the color for me. I exported a the REG Keys from my dialer, it's on my previous post.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)