FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Asus P320 bin to nb0 converter

568 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By starkwong, Senior Member on 6th July 2008, 03:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Asus has released a CHH (CHinese Hong kong) ROM update to P320.
It uses a bin format that needs processing to get the nb0 file.

I wrote a tool to convert the bin file into nb0 file. However it does not have the function to convert nb0 back to bin because of the complexity.

The converter can be downloaded at http://www.mediafire.com/upload_comp...id=pilqms9mmbx.

Usage: p320bin2nb0 <bin_file>

After successful conversion, the resulting file is output.nb0, which can be processed by using imgfsfromnb or msflshtool.
 
 
7th July 2008, 03:33 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Thumbs up
Good job,
THis will help research more into custom ROMs for p320.
Thanks for the great tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkwong

Asus has released a CHH (CHinese Hong kong) ROM update to P320.
It uses a bin format that needs processing to get the nb0 file.

I wrote a tool to convert the bin file into nb0 file. However it does not have the function to convert nb0 back to bin because of the complexity.

The converter can be downloaded at http://www.mediafire.com/upload_comp...id=pilqms9mmbx.

Usage: p320bin2nb0 <bin_file>

After successful conversion, the resulting file is output.nb0, which can be processed by using imgfsfromnb or msflshtool.

11th August 2008, 09:46 PM |#3  
Alexx~'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
how to convert new ROMs
New ROMs for P320 - ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/Mobile_Phone/P320 - ZHH, FRA, RUS
New ROMs is encrypted
p320bin2nb0 not works
Any idea how to convert new ROMs?
12th August 2008, 05:33 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
it is very strange in the newer roms especially from Samsung and Asus..they all have this 200 bytes signature as explained...this is also repeated in LG ks20 ROMs..
Also, if the ROM is dumped from the device directly, it can b dumped into xip and imgfs parts, and can b processed further..I hv the os.nb of bothe the wwe rom versions of p320 4.5 and 4.8..if required, I can upload on rapidshare.
Need more research on as how to remove the signature and make a rom kitchen out of it..
12th August 2008, 12:18 PM |#5  
LiquidStorm's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Lviv
Thanks Meter: 0
 
Donate to Me
More
Try this:
1 XOR whole .CAP file with DWord base 0xA87BA4DF (value could be wrong - used from P750 ROM's)
2 cut off the first 0x200 bytes
3 Rename file to .NB0
12th August 2008, 07:16 PM |#6  
Alexx~'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidStorm

Try this:
1 XOR whole .CAP file with DWord base 0xA87BA4DF (value could be wrong - used from P750 ROM's)
2 cut off the first 0x200 bytes
3 Rename file to .NB0

ok, shall try
Там не САР, прошивка сразу в BIN.
15th August 2008, 09:38 AM |#7  
gxg's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 97
 
Donate to Me
More
any news?

Is it posible to port the this FW to Asus P535?
Both devices are almoust identical except few things.

At least.. to take the ASus Today and GPS Cacher ... from this ROM? in order to test them in other Asus Pda's.
22nd August 2008, 01:07 PM |#8  
gxg's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 97
 
Donate to Me
More
man.. your exe is not working...
16th September 2008, 10:09 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexx~

New ROMs for P320 - ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/Mobile_Phone/P320 - ZHH, FRA, RUS
New ROMs is encrypted
p320bin2nb0 not works
Any idea how to convert new ROMs?

Start autorun.exe included in downloaded file, it decrypts the rom and save it in the SD root with the name 850_GAX_SD.bin (without _ENC).

Then p320bin2nb0.exe seems to work, I'm not sure becouse it's impossible dump it!!!
18th September 2008, 02:46 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
good job,but the file can't be download!
18th September 2008, 11:10 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yslflsy

good job,but the file can't be download!

try with http://support.asus.com/download/dow...Language=en-us and select "Mobile Phone", "P series" and "P320"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes