well, what this is good for - this enables flashing of custom roms (I try to explain only because I know many Shift owners here don't own other HTC devices).
SSPL and RUU patches have been made mostly by me, HSPL and package compilation have been made mostly by Olipro, so both are branded OliNex.
Please read and follow all instructions very carefully.
this has been tested (thanks thaihugo, et al.), but if you have problems then do let us know in this thread.
also, TO EVERYONE WHO BETA TESTED in the past: please do download this final version. it will flash an updated HardSPL to your device.
prerequisite: "liberated" Shift (i.e. has the usbtool on Snapvue side!).
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Download the package from attachment in this post and extract the files from the zip somewhere on Vista.
2. Install the EnableRapi.cab file from the zip on Snapvue side. (of course do unzip in Vista first.)
3. Make sure Shift is on AC adapter and that the WMDC in Vista sees the Snapvue side!!! (use usbtool to turn USB on in Snapvue if necessary.)
4. Run the ShiftHardSPLFinal.exe on Vista. if you do not have UAC disabled, then please run it as Administrator!!!
5. It should pop up two cmd windows for a second. then it will pop up a box saying "Processing". at this point please check if Snapvue side went into black screen. if yes, then everything is OK so far, so press OK in the "Processing" messagebox.
6. After some more wait (and two more cmd windows - please allow them to run if Vista asks!), the Romupdateutility will launch automatically. Please press Next and so on, until it flashes the update.
7. The RUU should say success, and should hard reset the device. at this point your Shift has been HardSPL'ed - Congratulations!!!
- if Vista errors out on pput.exe after step 4, make sure you launched the ShiftHardSPLFinal.exe as Administrator: right click on EXE and select "run as Administrator" option.
- if at step 5, you don't have black screen, the device might be asking you to allow to run a program on the Snapvue side. click Yes if prompted!
- if after step 5 the next cmd gets stuck at some USB disabling message, let us know. (it shouldn't get stuck but just in case.)
- if you wish to check it is really HardSPL'd now, use mtty and use info 2 command in it. it should return HTCS00000000something which means it is (fake) supercid and is HardSPL.
NOTE: never use the RUU from this SSPL package for anything else! this is special and is strictly for the HardSPL process.
to just flash ROMs after you installed HardSPL, you can use the original RUU or CustomRUU from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...95#post2098895
also, first Custom ROM with GPS and with some tweaks/customizations (will also be liberated out of the box!) is to follow sometime this week. along with a radio Security/CID unlocker (patched radio image). then voice and maybe WVGA screen is to follow not much later.
you of course must have this HardSPL installed, or the ROMs will not flash!