FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Shift Project Release: SSPL and HardSPL - the way to custom ROMs and more!

3,040 posts
Thanks Meter: 49

By cmonex, Retired Recognized Developer on 9th July 2008, 04:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
so here we proudly present the HardSPL flash package

well, what this is good for - this enables flashing of custom roms (I try to explain only because I know many Shift owners here don't own other HTC devices).
SSPL and RUU patches have been made mostly by me, HSPL and package compilation have been made mostly by Olipro, so both are branded OliNex.

Please read and follow all instructions very carefully.

this has been tested (thanks thaihugo, et al.), but if you have problems then do let us know in this thread.
also, TO EVERYONE WHO BETA TESTED in the past: please do download this final version. it will flash an updated HardSPL to your device.

prerequisite: "liberated" Shift (i.e. has the usbtool on Snapvue side!).

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Download the package from attachment in this post and extract the files from the zip somewhere on Vista.
2. Install the EnableRapi.cab file from the zip on Snapvue side. (of course do unzip in Vista first.)
3. Make sure Shift is on AC adapter and that the WMDC in Vista sees the Snapvue side!!! (use usbtool to turn USB on in Snapvue if necessary.)
4. Run the ShiftHardSPLFinal.exe on Vista. if you do not have UAC disabled, then please run it as Administrator!!!
5. It should pop up two cmd windows for a second. then it will pop up a box saying "Processing". at this point please check if Snapvue side went into black screen. if yes, then everything is OK so far, so press OK in the "Processing" messagebox.
6. After some more wait (and two more cmd windows - please allow them to run if Vista asks!), the Romupdateutility will launch automatically. Please press Next and so on, until it flashes the update.
7. The RUU should say success, and should hard reset the device. at this point your Shift has been HardSPL'ed - Congratulations!!!

TroubleShooting:
- if Vista errors out on pput.exe after step 4, make sure you launched the ShiftHardSPLFinal.exe as Administrator: right click on EXE and select "run as Administrator" option.
- if at step 5, you don't have black screen, the device might be asking you to allow to run a program on the Snapvue side. click Yes if prompted!
- if after step 5 the next cmd gets stuck at some USB disabling message, let us know. (it shouldn't get stuck but just in case.)
- if you wish to check it is really HardSPL'd now, use mtty and use info 2 command in it. it should return HTCS00000000something which means it is (fake) supercid and is HardSPL.

NOTE: never use the RUU from this SSPL package for anything else! this is special and is strictly for the HardSPL process.
to just flash ROMs after you installed HardSPL, you can use the original RUU or CustomRUU from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...95#post2098895

also, first Custom ROM with GPS and with some tweaks/customizations (will also be liberated out of the box!) is to follow sometime this week. along with a radio Security/CID unlocker (patched radio image). then voice and maybe WVGA screen is to follow not much later.
you of course must have this HardSPL installed, or the ROMs will not flash!

enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: zip ShiftHardSPLFinal.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1,001.4 KB, 11316 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmonex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cmonex Ad-Free

9th July 2008, 04:30 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Let me be the first to say on behalf of us here:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL HAIL CMONEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9th July 2008, 06:02 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Thanks you and all others in Shift Project
9th July 2008, 07:39 AM |#4  

More
Wouhou !
Thanks !!! great news
9th July 2008, 09:02 AM |#5  

More
I have a Traditional Chinese Version of shift. I followed the instruction to install EnableRapi.cab in WM6 side, then run shiftHardSPLFinal.exe, screen blanked.

On the Vista a CMD pop up said: "USB\ROOT_HUB\4&188A10ED&0 isabled."

then won't continue.

Any help, please?
9th July 2008, 10:47 AM |#6  
Flag Amsterdam

More
Nice !! Can't wait to use the built-in GPS on the SnapVue side..

Finally I can run PocketReperion so I can find my shift back if it's stolen.

....voice...to follow later....serious... Cmonex, if you had to put a percentage of chance that we will get Voice working, what would the percentage be ?? 50%-50% ?
9th July 2008, 10:47 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks Guys, appreciated!
9th July 2008, 04:34 PM |#8  

More
after done this thing, is it possible to make voice call from Shift? sorry about that question, as I dont have much knowleague about rom and flash
9th July 2008, 04:56 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 348

Donate to Me
More
noup. this will allow you to place the hacked rom (the hacked rom is still to be released) that would enable these features... and this without having the phone detect the "hack".
this is a way of telling it..
9th July 2008, 05:19 PM |#10  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Budapest

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by szjohnwong

I have a Traditional Chinese Version of shift. I followed the instruction to install EnableRapi.cab in WM6 side, then run shiftHardSPLFinal.exe, screen blanked.

On the Vista a CMD pop up said: "USB\ROOT_HUB\4&188A10ED&0 isabled."

then won't continue.

Any help, please?

oh, chinese shift... is the OS in all chinese? and the WM side?

anyway, that should not be a problem... if it still won't go on, press Ctrl+C to cancel this cmd, another will pop up, cancel that too, then the RUU will pop up. at this point, put vista to hibernate (don't try to shut down for now, it will make it harder to get it working that way). wait a few secs after it hibernated, wake up vista, then go on with the RUU.

btw if this is first time being in bootloader, it might first want to install drivers at this point. let it install them, then feel free to continue in the RUU.

another way to deal with the issue: shut down vista and remove battery. reinstall battery, boot both vista and snapvue, then start the process from step 1 again. battery removal and fresh boot of vista afterwards can help a lot with usb.
9th July 2008, 05:24 PM |#11  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Budapest

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid

Nice !! Can't wait to use the built-in GPS on the SnapVue side..

Finally I can run PocketReperion so I can find my shift back if it's stolen.

....voice...to follow later....serious... Cmonex, if you had to put a percentage of chance that we will get Voice working, what would the percentage be ?? 50%-50% ?

hey

IIRC you have the beta hardSPL flashed, yes? I recommend updating it with this final one (only difference is this has overwrite protection while the beta did not - because of that, you can also update the beta one by using CustomRUU and the RUU_Signed.NBH from the final package after it extracts.)
as for voice, chances are a bit better I think.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)