FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Trace-Me (live location/story/picture tracker)

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By scrappy.doo, Junior Member on 9th July 2008, 10:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Trace-Me enables you to trace where you’ve been and augment that information with pictures and stories that you’ve taken on the road. It’s especially nice for holidays or any other trip. It can be used by yourself to afterwards see where you’ve been and what you’ve done, but you can also give your friends and family the opportunity to watch where you are live in real time.

Trace-Me is in beta and is free to use.

for more information goto: www.traceme.org

9th July 2008, 11:29 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Thumbs up
Interesting app.......
9th July 2008, 12:18 PM |#3  

More
cool idea.
I guess it uses only GPS and not any triangulation stuff.
So, my qtek s200 is off the table.
9th July 2008, 01:09 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
For now it only uses GPS that's right. Triangulation would be a nice feature to add. I'll scribble it down on my 'wanted features' list.
9th July 2008, 01:16 PM |#5  
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Neat, I love the idea.
9th July 2008, 01:44 PM |#6  
Flag Belo Horizonte
Thanks Meter: 6

Donate to Me
More
Triagulation
Yeah.. i´m out too.. please please use triagulation also...
google must have some api for it... as google map mobile uses triangulation...
9th July 2008, 01:59 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
I'm developing for (Compact) .NET. So I would need some C# code to do the triangulation or at least get the cell ids and hook them up to some database. Feel free to leave any tips behind.
11th July 2008, 08:53 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
of course you can always use an external GPS if your phone doesn't have an internal GPS
15th July 2008, 08:30 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
I've managed to get some code working that uses cell ids to fetch position instead of GPS. So all people without GPS enabled phones should now be able to use Trace-Me aswell.

Since this is pretty fresh stuff I could really use some volunteers for testing this stuff. Please send an email to [email protected] if you want to test this stuff. Or goto the Trace-Me forum (goto English->General and reply to the 'volunteer to test non-GPS location algorithm' topic)
26th July 2008, 09:44 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Ok it seems I've had some major problem with people trying to access the website and actually see their data. Something with cross domain and flash and webservices and all that jazz.

Since the webservice is running from my own domain I would very kindly like to ask a bunch of you to visit this link and please tell me that you're seeing (should take about 1 minute MAX!) a drives list at the left side of the screen (16e heenreis, 17e lagos, etc, etc).
Just leave a reply in here thanks!
26th July 2008, 02:41 PM |#11  

More
I'm seeing your drives list.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)