FORUMS

[APP][Updated: August 28th, 2008 - 01:05] Advanced Config by Boinger66 ac 3.0 compat

518 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By boinger66, Senior Member on 9th July 2008, 12:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have made an advanced config cab for ease configuration on the diamond

the cab installer is required to install the various registry tweaks needed for this to work.

Donate if you like what im doing Thanks =)

Requirements : advanced config 3.0 CLICK ME

Also if you need smart touch functionality for different apps that i dont have in my list... please just make a request in a post and ill try to get it working in updates

Change log

SMS LED length
and
Smart touch functionality

this version should be uninstallable as tested on mine - however those that have installed previous versions will not be able to remove but should be able to update anyhow (any feedback otherwise would be appreciated)

Fixed parse error

added support for LED notification length for
--new mails
--new sms
--new missed call
--voicemail
--mms
--reminders
--rss hub new item
removed glyphe cache key under diamond options as already present in performance tweaks

Removed advised from glyphe cache

Added support for various diamond options

-Resco explorer
-Spb Insight

Support for Smart scrolling for these programs
-Wisbar advance v3 (recommended for start menu scrolling)
-Total Commander
-Phone Call History
-Contacts
-SMS Contacts chooser
-RSS viewer
-Programs
-Phone list scrolling
-Folderview
-FileExplorer
9th July 2008, 12:50 PM |#2  

More
Does it overwrite the current settings, or is this CAB just adding more tweaks?
9th July 2008, 12:56 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
It overwrites the current settings file, but this can be restored by reinstalling advanced config.

Can we not rather have the XML to import into AC2.1? Along with instructions cos AC2.1 does not seem to find the xml files too easily...
9th July 2008, 12:58 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiecraigie4

It overwrites the current settings file, but this can be restored by reinstalling advanced config.

Can we not rather have the XML to import into AC2.1? Along with instructions cos AC2.1 does not seem to find the xml files too easily...

i could test this function
9th July 2008, 01:52 PM |#5  
Flag Residing in Manila

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boinger66

i could test this function

Alternative might be to embed this extra version of Advance config in Apptodate maybe?

Otherwise I agree it might be easier to ask Shaps permission to embed -rebuild this in his Advanced config?
9th July 2008, 02:06 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
That's very useful.

10X.
9th July 2008, 02:30 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
i have been doing some research and advanced config seems really finicky on what it will import as .provxml

will update if i find a solution

Edit: i think the only solution is the method i have done... importing provxml files is only if you want hard tweaks i believe not options
10th July 2008, 05:52 AM |#8  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Nancy
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boinger66

i have been doing some research and advanced config seems really finicky on what it will import as .provxml

will update if i find a solution

Edit: i think the only solution is the method i have done... importing provxml files is only if you want hard tweaks i believe not options

Thank you for your work, you should look here, here and here, most of your tweaks may be already implemented in those modified Advanced Config versions.

The only way to add new tweaks is to replace original XML file, importing provxml is only for writing provisioning XML configuration directly in registry and file system, it's not intended for extending tweaks.

I will work soon on a new Advanced Config version with new tweaks and full support of Touch Diamond (v3 will even have a "finger-friendly" interface).
10th July 2008, 06:04 AM |#9  
Flag In a house with a yard
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Wink freaken schaps
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaps

Thank you for your work, you should look here, here and here, most of your tweaks may be already implemented in those modified Advanced Config versions.

The only way to add new tweaks is to replace original XML file, importing provxml is only for writing provisioning XML configuration directly in registry and file system, it's not intended for extending tweaks.

I will work soon on a new Advanced Config version with new tweaks and full support of Touch Diamond (v3 will even have a "finger-friendly" interface).

it is obvious you enjoy torturing us man we already know you have skills what sucks is that your holding back mang!!!!!!!!!!
10th July 2008, 06:16 AM |#10  
Flag Residing in Manila

More
Quote:

Schaps, what is still missing in the updated XML's in your 2. is the possibility for the Diamond to use another Mediaplayer than WMP.
A lot of people (can't fidn the thread) would liek to use Bluetooth AVRCP/A2DP with Pocket Player or Coreplayer, but can't.
Did i oversee that one as it WAS/IS availabe for Tytn2 if my memory is good?
10th July 2008, 06:26 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Quote:

and file system, it's not intended for extending tweaks.

Great news

Edit1: Thanks Boinger66
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)