[APP][Updated: August 28th, 2008 - 01:05] Advanced Config by Boinger66 ac 3.0 compat

Search This thread

boinger66

Jan 30, 2007
I have made an advanced config cab for ease configuration on the diamond

the cab installer is required to install the various registry tweaks needed for this to work.

Donate if you like what im doing Thanks =)

Requirements : advanced config 3.0 CLICK ME

Also if you need smart touch functionality for different apps that i dont have in my list... please just make a request in a post and ill try to get it working in updates

Change log

SMS LED length
and
Smart touch functionality

this version should be uninstallable as tested on mine - however those that have installed previous versions will not be able to remove but should be able to update anyhow (any feedback otherwise would be appreciated)

Fixed parse error

added support for LED notification length for
--new mails
--new sms
--new missed call
--voicemail
--mms
--reminders
--rss hub new item
removed glyphe cache key under diamond options as already present in performance tweaks

Removed advised from glyphe cache

Added support for various diamond options

-Resco explorer
-Spb Insight

Support for Smart scrolling for these programs
-Wisbar advance v3 (recommended for start menu scrolling)
-Total Commander
-Phone Call History
-Contacts
-SMS Contacts chooser
-RSS viewer
-Programs
-Phone list scrolling
-Folderview
-FileExplorer

Last edited:

craigiecraigie4

Oct 4, 2005
It overwrites the current settings file, but this can be restored by reinstalling advanced config.

Can we not rather have the XML to import into AC2.1? Along with instructions cos AC2.1 does not seem to find the xml files too easily...

boinger66

Jan 30, 2007
i have been doing some research and advanced config seems really finicky on what it will import as .provxml

will update if i find a solution

Edit: i think the only solution is the method i have done... importing provxml files is only if you want hard tweaks i believe not options

Last edited:

schaps

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2006
Nancy
www.touchxperience.com
i have been doing some research and advanced config seems really finicky on what it will import as .provxml

will update if i find a solution

Edit: i think the only solution is the method i have done... importing provxml files is only if you want hard tweaks i believe not options
Thank you for your work, you should look here, here and here, most of your tweaks may be already implemented in those modified Advanced Config versions.

The only way to add new tweaks is to replace original XML file, importing provxml is only for writing provisioning XML configuration directly in registry and file system, it's not intended for extending tweaks.

I will work soon on a new Advanced Config version with new tweaks and full support of Touch Diamond (v3 will even have a "finger-friendly" interface).

Last edited:

leoiden

Sep 13, 2006
In a house with a yard
freaken schaps

Thank you for your work, you should look here, here and here, most of your tweaks may be already implemented in those modified Advanced Config versions.

The only way to add new tweaks is to replace original XML file, importing provxml is only for writing provisioning XML configuration directly in registry and file system, it's not intended for extending tweaks.

I will work soon on a new Advanced Config version with new tweaks and full support of Touch Diamond (v3 will even have a "finger-friendly" interface).

it is obvious you enjoy torturing us man we already know you have skills what sucks is that your holding back mang!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

ceevee369

Jan 30, 2007
Residing in Manila

Schaps, what is still missing in the updated XML's in your 2. is the possibility for the Diamond to use another Mediaplayer than WMP.
A lot of people (can't fidn the thread) would liek to use Bluetooth AVRCP/A2DP with Pocket Player or Coreplayer, but can't.
Did i oversee that one as it WAS/IS availabe for Tytn2 if my memory is good?

cyphol

Mar 3, 2005
Pasir Puteh
Yes, it's a great news but for the time being we shall be using the xml prepared by Boinger66.

Thank you Boinger66 for such an initiative action.

boinger66

Jan 30, 2007

i have done exactly that i have replaced the xml file with the of advanced config with the cab you can see diamond tweaks associated with smart touch in there

lmr2003

Mar 26, 2007
Paris

Hi my firend !
Nice to see you again :D

Good news, if you could prepare us a new Advance Config for the Diamond.

May I ask you to prepare us also a ROM ?

snufkin

Mar 5, 2008
i've installed this cab but it seems the smart touch tweaks do not work.:confused:

for others, it works nicely.:D

boinger66

Jan 30, 2007
would you mind checking registry entry's for me ? check

hklm\software\htc\smartouch\resco explorer for example and tell me what it says under there

can anyone else confirm weather smart touch isnt working ?

also snufkin is your rom english?

snufkin

Mar 5, 2008
i can't find resco explorer key in HKLM\Software\HTC\SmartTouch but i can find, say phone which has the following values

ClassName = Dialog
WheelCount = 1

Should there be a MODE = 4 (or other values) as I found it under EXCEL MOBILE which I found it worked (SmartTouch will zoom in and out).

Yes, I'm using stock English ROM.

princEd

Jun 23, 2008
Great app! Just curious does it support the start Menu popup ClassName?
I installed a cab last night to find out most of the application ClassName, but the original start Menu Scroll running with Flo3D just has a ClassName "Manila", which already exists, I don't think there's anyway would there? :confused:
Any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance!

boinger66

Jan 30, 2007
Great app! Just curious does it support the start Menu popup ClassName?
I installed a cab last night to find out most of the application ClassName, but the original start Menu Scroll running with Flo3D just has a ClassName "Manila", which already exists, I don't think there's anyway would there? :confused:
Any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance!
unfortunately i cant find the start menu class name

i only have one fucntion start menu which is wisbar and it does work in that

snufkin said:

k ty snufkin working on that now iwll upload v2 in a lil while