36 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By eurofan, Member on 11th July 2008, 09:50 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd August 2008, 07:03 PM |#21  

More
Suggestion for the happy testers:
As long as testing, try to connect via an USB hub with external power. (and no special cables /adapters needed...)

Ykat : +1 (try Usb sticks or memcard under 2Go, first)

test also external HDD with external power

27th August 2008, 12:16 AM |#22  

More
any news? id love to take a memstick with me travelling to watch movies.
31st August 2008, 03:01 PM |#23  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 44

More
We schould build drivers from scratch for the diamond and touch pro. Without drivers it won"t work....

DOMy
1st September 2008, 01:17 AM |#24  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 11

More
i hope that a usb-host driver will come for ....
i hope that a usb-host driver will come, to connect
usb-videocards/with tv out and (low consumption)-mini-usb-dvb-t receiver :)
(usb-videocards are a growing new usb gadget sector. more different devices are available in near future), usb sticks (usb flash memory,card readers), photo cameras, a second mobile phone with usb datacable to diamond to sync or configure the 2nd phone, or to transfer taken pictures to the diamond.
so the diamand would able to play video on a regular tv,
use tv as computer display/monitor
and it could receive dvb-t tv signals :) (but the next problems are the missing device drivers for ppc/win6.1).

i like to dream :)
the extern hdd over usb option is a result of a old hack/tool i saw here at xda-developers, years ago.
(i cant remeber the exact old name, in my mind: flashdisk)
many people said thats impossible. its possible and today its state of the art of diamond`s regular firmware.

but never say no :))
4th September 2008, 01:43 PM |#25  

More
USB serial adapter
Found that FTDI now have drivers for Windows CE and Windows mobile http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm, and hoped that my HTC Tytn would connect to a USB adapter using this chip: VSCOM USB-COM Mini, but Tytn (Hermes) does not support USB Host, but if Diamond does have a possibility, that would be great!

The INF file must anyhow be altered after inspecting the Vendor ID an Product ID using USBView

That would make it possible to connect equipment with a serial port
30th December 2008, 08:30 AM |#26  
Flag Joburg

More
update?
Thread seems to have died?
Any one had any further progress.
Once the correct cable, the creating a driver shouldn't be to much of a problem?
30th December 2008, 08:46 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
It's not about drivers - the board doesn't support USB host. If it were simply a matter of drivers and a cheap adaptor HTC would have implemented it and added it to the impressive spec list for the device. The reason this thread has died a death is because it is inevitably fruitless. If you want USB host buy a device that supports it natively; or alternatively buy a device with an SD slot like the Touch Pro.

There are a lot of talented developers on these forums but sometimes ideas that serve only to give false hope come to the fore: this is one of them. Mark my words - there will never be any USB host support for the Diamond - no USB dvb-t sticks, no wireless keyboards and mice, no iPod docking support, no 1tb external hard drives with independant power supplies...unfortunately that's just the way of things, and to be frank most people would deem such a feature to be ridiculous anyway. Video playback is already awful on HTCs Qualcomm devices without adding a fudged USB host device into the equation.

Let us return to reality.
30th December 2008, 01:11 PM |#28  
Flag Salto-SP

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoni1980

It's not about drivers - the board doesn't support USB host. If it were simply a matter of drivers and a cheap adaptor HTC would have implemented it and added it to the impressive spec list for the device. The reason this thread has died a death is because it is inevitably fruitless. If you want USB host buy a device that supports it natively; or alternatively buy a device with an SD slot like the Touch Pro.

There are a lot of talented developers on these forums but sometimes ideas that serve only to give false hope come to the fore: this is one of them. Mark my words - there will never be any USB host support for the Diamond - no USB dvb-t sticks, no wireless keyboards and mice, no iPod docking support, no 1tb external hard drives with independant power supplies...unfortunately that's just the way of things, and to be frank most people would deem such a feature to be ridiculous anyway. Video playback is already awful on HTCs Qualcomm devices without adding a fudged USB host device into the equation.

Let us return to reality.

I do have a Touch Pro and I could definitely benefit from USB host. One of the reasons I bought the phone was to replace my notebook during classes. It has done the job beautifully well, with one small exception: every time someone asks me to copy a file to their thumb drive, I have to turn on the notebook or use someone else's. I use a MicroSD with adapter as a thumb drive, but very very few people do that.
30th December 2008, 01:20 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
There are many devices that would benefit from things - the T-Mobile G1 for example would benefit from an onscreen keyboard, the Iphone would benefit from bluetooth stereo...the thing is these are plausible 'wants'; USB host on unsupported devices is implausible, therefore a workaround is the only option
7th February 2009, 11:25 AM |#30  
Flag Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Thanks Meter: 7

More
hey everyone i found this http://forum.ppcwarez.org/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=58813 cant this help us with the usb host for the diamond
8th February 2009, 04:33 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
can someone confirm the previous link?
i think it is possible
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)