Here is the updated version of my Lg multidevice kitchen. It now supports :
- ks20
- ct810
- gm730
- gm735
- gm750
- gw820
- vs750

::These tools have been made thanks to: MisterJp, CopsFrance, Teoami, Bepe, Ervius, No2Chem, Da_G, Cmonex, Jayautros

This kitchen is now built around ervius visual kitchen for bepe's platform rebuilder. I don't really like write a lot, so I won't explain every option in details, nor will I write a "how to cook roms for dummies", it's already been done in the past, if you know how to search, you'll find very interesting threads on it on this forum.

Kitchen options (use "*" to switch between standard and advanced options)
  • SELECT DEVICE
::1-KS20 2-Incite ...
Needed for every operation below, don't forget to set it.
  • DUMP FUNCTIONS
::a- Extract DZ File
Extracts baserom\rom.dz file into baserom folder

::t- Extract BIN ROM File
Extracts baserom\rom.bin file into baserom folder (for vs750)

::b- Extract Flash.bin
Extracts baserom\flash.bin into builtrom\temp, creating directories if they don't exist.

::c- Dump imgfs.bin
Extracts content of builtrom\temp\part_2_imgfs.bin file to temp\dump, allowing you to edit windows files.

::d- Dump bin.bin
Extracts content of builtrom\temp\part_1_rawfs.bin to ROM\XIP

::e- Launch ErviusKitchen
Launches ErviusKitchen, allowing you to modify and generate a new rom

• BUILD FUNCTIONS
::f- Build imgfs.bin
Creates new imgfs from temp\dump folder to builtrom\temp\imgfs.bin

::g- Build flash.bin
Generates a new flash.bin into builtrom folder based on builtrom\temp directory and new imgfs.bin

::h- Build rom.dz
Generates a new rom.dz into builtrom folder based on baserom mbns and new flash.bin
::u- Build rom.bin
Generates a new rom.bin into builtrom folder based on baserom mbns and new flash.bin (vs750)
::i- Build flasher
Generates a new rom.exe into builtrom folder based on rom.dz (only available for Incite)

• XIP PORT
::j- Launch XipPort
Launches XipPort, allowing you to modify and generate a new xip

::k- Reloc Xip
Relocates xip after you've changed it using XipPort

::l- Use New Xip in Build functions
Allows you to use the Xip built with XipPort when building flash.bin (either from the kitchen or directly from ErviusKitchen)

::m- Restore original Xip in Build Functions
Allows you to use the original Xip when building flash.bin (either from the kitchen or directly from PkgToolsBuildOs)

Kitchen use:
  1. Select the device you want to cook for (1=ks20, 2=incite...)
  2. Take a dz file, and put it into baserom\(your device name) (KS20, incite, gm750...).
  3. run start.bat
  4. execute a, b, c, kitchen options
  5. now copy temp\dump\sys into \sys\(your sys version), and arrange the files so that it looks like the \sys\20755 folder. Do the same with OEM folder (copy it to \OEM\(your device name).
  6. execute d, and arrange xip folders : copy the content of your oemxipkernel into rom\(your device name)\(your ip version) and everything else into rom\shared\(your xip version)
  7. go into tools\xipport. Launch xipport. Click "dump xip.bin"
  8. OPTIONAL : If you want to port xip to another version click "make pkgs". Now replace modules\msxipkernel* and files\msxipkernel* with the ones from the newer xip. Click "undo".
  9. execute Kitchen "k" and when a message tells you so, click "realloc p", "write maps", "build xip_out.bin". And finally, hit a key on the dos prompt to finish this step (DO NOT HIT A KEY BEFORE BUILDING XIP WITH XIPPORT ELSE IT WON'T WORK).
  10. execute Kitchen "l" to use this xip.
  11. execute "e" to launch ervius kitchen. Then select your device, language, ext, rom dpi, rom res, xip build and sys build. Choose the packages you want to include (for your convenience, I included a few packages tweaks and fixes in EXT\(your device name). Eventually click the "create" button.
  12. Optional for Ks20, required for Incite : execute step h to produce a rom.dz file.
  13. Now enjoy your new creation in builtrom\(your device name).

If you want to make a 1st rom easily, or if something went wrong and you want to verify you've done everything correctly, I'm also providing 2 packages (1 for KS20, 1 for Incite) with almost every step already done. They're very similar to the roms I made (xCite2b, KisS20.4). Download the package you want, extract it into your kitchen folder, then :
- Execute step "B" to generate a few files
- Execute step "E" to launch Ervius kitchen
- Optionnaly, try to rebuild xip part with step "K" and "L" (1st rename xipport\out.INCITE.21046 to xipport\out) (I'd suggest doing this only after building a 1st working rom)
- Click Load and select the preset for your device (INCITE_0409_20755 or KS20_409_20755).
- Click create (and for incite users, execute step "H" of the kitchen to produce a rom.dz).
That's it.

If every step was successful, you should have a flash.bin file in builtrom\(your device name) folder and optionnaly a rom.dz.
KS20 : Then just flash with lgmdp your baserom directory and just change flash.bin path from baserom\flash.bin to builtrom\flash.bin.
Incite : either use the usual way (rom.dz replacement) to flash your device or execute step "i" to produce a rom.exe with teoami tools.

Congratulations, you've just flashed your first LG <insert the name of your device here> cooked rom

Before you ask :
- I chose 20755 build because it's proven to be bugfree for Ks20 and Incite (and build is smaller too), if you understood the process, you should be able to build a rom for any wm build.
- Ks20/Incite Packages contain latest available oem parts (spanish 10e unbranded for the Ks20, 10x for the incite). (Incite is the clean version, if you want the full stock oem, just dump imgfs.bin)
- Base kitchen Ext folder contains everything to build a bugfree 20755 rom.
- If you want to make the same thing for wm6.5, just download a wm6.5 build.xip somewhere and replace the files in the kitchen.
- 20755 folder is not in the basic kitchen anymore, but I've made another archive that you can download if you need it.
- as for vs750 roms, you need to use bin (decrypted) files (not wdb). Don't forget to replace step "a" with "t" and step "h" with "u" in the tutorial above. You will need the decrypted roms available in the bottom of this post.

I'm just asking you 1 thing : if you make changes to this kitchen to improve it, please, share what you've done (and of course, if you're using it, you can also buy me a beer)

Kitchen history:
  • v2.3 [2011-10-13] - Added (partial: can't decrypt roms for now) support for VS750 roms.
  • v2.2a [2010-05-10] - Added support for GM735 WM6.5 roms, corrected a bug in GM730 rom creation.
  • v2.2 [2010-04-22] - Added support for many devices, updated almost every tool to latest version, build process is faster than before
  • v2.0 [2009-07-09] - Changed to ervius visual kitchen for bepe's platform rebuilder, multidevice support (ks20, Incite). New tools, rewrote almost everything.
  • v1.1 [2008-08-25] - Added Xip Port and Tools sections
  • v1.0 [2008-07-15] - Initial revision

Download Links:Old releases :

Useful Links:
The Following User Says Thank You to spocky12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th July 2008, 11:10 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Thank you MisterJP and you. You made some very good work for the coocking of the KS20.

Thanks to both.
The Following User Says Thank You to rickou26 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rickou26 Ad-Free
21st July 2008, 11:03 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
nice tool !

but

Code:
  cls
set choice=
cd BuiltROM\temp
..\..\TOOLS\LGFlashMuncher.exe -c ..\flash.bin -e Header.bin -0 part_0_BOOT.bin -1 part_1_RAWFS.bin -2 imgfs.bin ..\..\BaseROM\flash.bin
cd ..
pause
GOTO :start

:9
cls
set choice=
cd BuiltROM\temp
..\..\TOOLS\LGFlashMuncher.exe -c ..\flash.bin -e Header.bin -0 part_0_BOOT.bin -1 part_1_RAWFS.bin -2 imgfs.bin ..\..\BaseROM\flash.bin
:8

the new xip.bin don't Insert !!!

it shoud be
..\..\TOOLS\LGFlashMuncher.exe -c ..\flash.bin -e Header.bin -0 part_0_BOOT.bin -1 xip.bin -2 imgfs.bin ..\..\BaseROM\flash.bin in :9 ?
22nd July 2008, 04:48 PM |#4  
Flag Macau
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Smile
good....a nice start........and thanks
25th July 2008, 05:35 AM |#5  

More
Thanks for your great job! Hoping that KS20 will have its Cook Rom & WM6.1 at last!
27th July 2008, 10:48 PM |#6  

More
waiting for wm6.1 on my lovely ks20
2nd August 2008, 06:10 PM |#7  

More
is this the most actual thread to the ROM cooking stuff

Would like to use french 1f ROM but cook German language into it

Greet`s Erich
2nd August 2008, 09:34 PM |#8  

More
I have made a flash.bin with language in german for the ROM HKG 10a, which is in normally in english. So, the HKG 10a is newer than the French 10f. Why to use an older ROM? Find the flash.bin here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/131832687/flash.zip.html
3rd August 2008, 05:21 PM |#9  

More
Thumbs up Thank you itapower
many thanx!

Is there something I have to take care of?
Or can I flash it like I flashed the ROM from 10b to 10e?

Did you just change the language or also other stuff?
Is this ROM running without troubles?

Is it locked or branded?
I have unlocked KS20 with vodafone branding right now,...

Greet`s erich
5th August 2008, 06:55 AM |#10  

More
Question changing language of ROM
don`t know why nobody from the pros is responding

Most of my questions I figured out yesterday - but I am very curious how to change the language of a ROM be myselfe

This I couldn`t figure out

Hope someone can tell me which of the 10 .mbn Files I have to change or is the language in the .bin

Greet`s Erich
5th August 2008, 09:10 AM |#11  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 665

Donate to Me
More
Basically, you need to extract the flash.bin, replace *.409* folders with *.407* versions (407 is for germany) that you may find in another rom. That's not a trivial operation, although the kitchen helps a lot. There are tutorials here that explain this with more details (search for "translate" ou "localize" rom).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)