FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][WWE][Updated 08/18/2008] HTC Action Screen VGA for Diamond (Raphael Icons)

288 posts
Thanks Meter: 70

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,

since I find the Actionscreen feature from the Touch very useful, i thought i'd try to port it to VGA.

With the help of l3v5y in the Prophet forum I figured out everything to do was to resize the graphics and change some RegKeys.
The only thing I couldn't change was the font size, so this is a bit tiny...

I also included the Action Screen in TFlo 3D's Home menu on the left softkey, how it's stated here by mooooooa

I built two cabs one English and one german (since I am from Germany). Other languages can be easily done by editing the corresponding RegKeys.

EDIT:

Forgot the Screenshot...
It's the German Version as you can see.

EDIT:

Since I got a couple of PMs asking how I mapped Wifi Toggle to the right softkey, I'll share it here:

Used the Wlan Button of Raiisak from here and mapped it to the Right softkey using the same method as stated above.

EDIT:

Other Localizations:

Italian by massi959
Norwegian by drerling
Italian by lele.d with big font

To do your own Localization just download the English version and the Locale Reg and translate the Values. Keep in mind that the 5 spaces before each value are for positioning, since the app is badly hardcoded for 320x240 resolution.

EDIT:

Thanks the idea of lele.d I uploaded a new German Version. This one cannot be localized through the reg files since the RegValues are in fact empty and the text is included in the graphics.

So give me some time and I'll do the available localisations, or if anyone of you would...

Also in the new Cabs there is the MMSLauncher.exe linked to the MMS button, since the original key just started an SMS. Also thanks to lele.d.

New Version:

- Raphael style
- Wifi toggle by raiisak included
- Installation to Internal storage possible
- Three localisations included (Deutsch, Englisch, WWE)
- Actionscreen Options included (set background, assign TF3d Home softkeys including custom app)
- zip containing background PSDs for other localisaations (pm me and I'll include them here)

TODO:

- Find a proper file/folder selector (any recommendations appreciated)
- Full customisattion support (theming)

15th July 2008, 02:06 PM |#2  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 1

More
screenshot please?
15th July 2008, 02:52 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks again, you are my heros
16th July 2008, 03:51 PM |#4  

More
hi dou you think the font can be changed some way to be bigger?
16th July 2008, 04:06 PM |#5  

More
I also had a look at this a while ago and the fonts appear to be hardcoded and not changeable.

16th July 2008, 06:54 PM |#6  
Flag Bordeaux
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hi !

I translated this program in French !

click on this reg.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ActionScreen FR.zip - [Click for QR Code] (413 Bytes, 149 views)
16th July 2008, 07:06 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rostock
Thanks Meter: 70

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyred

I also had a look at this a while ago and the fonts appear to be hardcoded and not changeable.

thats whats my opinion, too.
For me its enough even if the labels look pretty lost.
16th July 2008, 07:12 PM |#8  

More
Wow, fantastic work!
16th July 2008, 08:36 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow23

Hi all,

since I find the Actionscreen feature from the Touch very useful, i thought i'd try to port it to VGA.

With the help of l3v5y in the Prophet forum I figured out everything to do was to resize the graphics and change some RegKeys.
The only thing I couldn't change was the font size, so this is a bit tiny...

I also included the Action Screen in TFlo 3D's Home menu on the left softkey, how it's stated here by mooooooa

I built two cabs one English and one german (since I am from Germany). Other languages can be easily done by editing the corresponding RegKeys.

EDIT:

Forgot the Screenshot...
It's the German Version as you can see.

EDIT:

Since I got a couple of PMs asking how I mapped Wifi Toggle to the right softkey, I'll share it here:

Used the Wlan Button of Raiisak from here and mapped it to the Right softkey using the same method as stated above.

...Where can I find it to Spanish version?
Thanks
16th July 2008, 08:59 PM |#10  

More
... and I've translate it in italian.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTC Action Screen VGA ITA.zip - [Click for QR Code] (518.3 KB, 798 views)
16th July 2008, 09:13 PM |#11  

More
I tried to install this one on my Diamond with the original Swedish ROM. But when I press the 'NEW' button it says that it can't start the application due to problem either with the certification. Or the program isn't signed. It also says that it could be some files missing.

My bad. It just didn't work when installed on the 'memory card'.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)