FORUMS

bootloader types ??

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By sirrus_linux, Junior Member on 19th July 2008, 08:00 AM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
hi,

I would like to know if the bootloader of Atom Exec --> eboot.nb0 is the same as that of Atom life or of the O2 Atom --> eb0.nb0

Is the bootloader common among the PXA272x platform or is it dependent on the disk on chip (DOC) for the particular device.

I have a dead O2 stealth and i cant find its bootloader in its upgrade package which i downloaded from O2 website. Its upgrade package just has a 52MB file named as gbcall.nb0.

Can i use the default eboot.nb0 from Atom for flashing the DOC of the O2 stealth ? both are PXA272x platform with wm5 ?

Is there any other method of extracting bootloader from the file gbcall.nb0 ?

Anyway I need help regarding the Jtag Pinouts of the O2 stealth i recon i will start testing with the following pins in view

please post your experience and thought on the pinouts
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stealth Jtag.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	100334  
19th July 2008, 10:33 AM |#2  
Flag Islamabad
Thanks Meter: 45

More
I can comment only on Atom Exec. Atom has an MN1 bootloader and Atom Exec has an MN2 bootloader, so both are different.
19th July 2008, 12:41 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
thanks tjkhattak61 for your quick reply

so i assume since the bootloaders for atom and atom exec are different then the atom bootloader will not work for flashing the bootloader of the dead O2 stealth.

if that is the case it would be nice if someone would help me extract the O2 stealth bootloader from the upgrade package provided by O2 on their website
8th October 2008, 07:27 PM |#4  

More
o2 xda atom exec not booting
thanks for the enquiry as it opened for me a hope
i have o2 atom exec that doesnt boot at all and from your enquiry i got to know that there is possibility to boot it through the mn2 bootloader, i am so junior in this field but i want to know something about this bootloader buisiness if some body eager to benefit others
i will be waiting for the information
my e mail is [email protected]
thanks
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread