Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ageye

Feb 19, 2007
Ulm
www.ageye.de
Hi,

I'm proud to announce a new game especially made for the Diamond...

Caver is based on a black&white game I played years ago on a Palm...
The difference: my game uses the g-sensor to navigate your ball through the cave...

caver_0.3_ingame_1.jpg caver_0.3_ingame_2.jpg

Features:
- Online Highscore list!
- Different difficulty levels
- Build your own levels simply by creating png files! (a howto will follow - but I think it's pretty self-explanatory... just look in the gfx/Level 1 folder and build your own levels according to my example level... and don't forget: POST THEM HERE!! The levels don't have to be black and white... everything that's white is a valid zone for the ball)
- Highscore list
- Calibration of g-sensor

Todo list:
- Special zones where you get more points
- Obstacles you have to fire in order to pass
- Adding options to adjust the tilt sensor sensitivity for non-online highscore mode

Changelog:
http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=caver/changelog

Donations so far:
http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=donations
Thanks to all who have donated

If you like the game, support it by submitting bugs (just pm me/post them here), by building levels (post them here), by suggesting features or by donating... THANKS

I hope you like it!
ageye

Download

Last edited:
A

akito

It's nice, but..after game over I every time have to restart the game since it simply just won't go back to the splash screen?

Riel

Mar 1, 2006
Born
www.zzapps.nl
OW ow I can see the well designed pieces of art coming when making levels as PNG is possible.

But as you are developing, you say the ball goes on the white. Its a pity for levelmakers to NEED white, it doesn't look good. Making a road for instance you want textures in your png.,

So:

Can't you make, in future, usage of a black and white layer? Or white and other colors (speed down, speed up :p)

SurfHost

Sep 27, 2007
Amsterdam
www.surfhost.nl
Nice idea! Only kinda small levels when i look at the png files. (not installed the game tho) can you make it so we can make wider levels so the game scrols?

Last edited:

ageye

Feb 19, 2007
Ulm
www.ageye.de
It's nice, but..after game over I every time have to restart the game since it simply just won't go back to the splash screen?

this is a know limitation right now. I just wanted you to present the first version as soon as possible and then spend time in making it better and adjust it to your needs... Next version can restart/change levels without exiting the whole game...

OW ow I can see the well designed pieces of art coming when making levels as PNG is possible.

But as you are developing, you say the ball goes on the white. Its a pity for levelmakers to NEED white, it doesn't look good. Making a road for instance you want textures in your png.,

So:

Can't you make, in future, usage of a black and white layer? Or white and other colors (speed down, speed up :p)

Yeah, this thought already came to me, too... I will try to change the "valid" color to magenta (for example) and make all parts of the image, that are magenta, transparent so the levelmakers can make custom backgrounds and are not bound to the white one...
The speed down, speed up feature sound's good... so I need at least 3 valid colors (normal speed, speed up, speed down...) I will try and let you know...

Nice idea! Only kinda small levels when i look at the png files. (not installed the game tho) can you make it so we can make wider levels so the game scrols?

you can design the level as large as you want them to be...

I can't steer the ball, keeps going in 1 direction ...

do you have isntructions? :)

mmh, strange... but did you try to steer the ball with the g-sensor? it should work like the Teeter game...

hallur84

Jul 20, 2008
Aberdeen, Scotland
Agree with akido, when "game over" it doesn't return to the menu, so you'll have to restart the game.

I'm also having problems controlling the ball. It moves, but not very well. Sometimes it seems to move in the correct direction, but it just keeps accelerating until it hits a wall.
I have tried to change the settings of sensitivity, velocity and radius, but no luck...

Mr.Eliot

Jul 7, 2008
It's really unresponsive on the steering input by tilting, even set on easy.
And it doesn't remeber the chosen settings.

Neat idea, keep on!! :)

Mike Wagstaff

Jan 8, 2005
Agree with all the comments. It's a really nice idea, and I love the concept!

I'd like to see more responsiveness on the controls, and it might make it nicer if you were in control of a helicopter or some other "flying machine" rather than a ball... ;)

Kiwi_hknz

Jun 10, 2007
No reponse

Same here, it doesn't really repsonse very well even after I have changed it to easy, it's not like the Tweeter game.

.TraviBear

Jul 7, 2008
This game is fun D:!

I have it for the macbook pro aswell you move the laptop around too, great fun during class D:<!

ageye

Feb 19, 2007
Ulm
www.ageye.de
v0.2 released!! for details/download look at the first page

Agree with akido, when "game over" it doesn't return to the menu, so you'll have to restart the game.

I'm also having problems controlling the ball. It moves, but not very well. Sometimes it seems to move in the correct direction, but it just keeps accelerating until it hits a wall.
I have tried to change the settings of sensitivity, velocity and radius, but no luck...

1. now you can restart the game
2. the controll of the ball should now be better... Please try it... My intention is not to make it "like Teeter" because Caver is a different game, but I agree that the ball should react smoothly and in a correct way...

3. I tried to make a color transparent and set a background image... well, but that doesn't work very well (it lags pretty much now), so I have to find another solution

4. Any other features are coming soon - had a long day...

Hope you like it!
ageye

naitsirk

Mar 13, 2008
hi..

v0.2 is not working for me om NL1.37 ROM. Didn't had the chance to try v0.1.
But after installing and clicking the icon everything is fine, but when hitting the start button game won't start.. error!

A soft reset didn't solved the problem..

Any idea ageye what could be the problem?

ageye

Feb 19, 2007
Ulm
www.ageye.de
damn,i propably know the cause.i think a bg.png file is missing in level 1 folder.im not on my computer now.i'll fix that in about 9 hours
thx for the info and sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.