By gm_fisher, Junior Member on 27th July 2008, 07:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
MortgageCALC
Version 1.6.004
by Greg Fisher
DOWNLOAD

Info

A free loan calculator.

Using MortgageCALC on your Windows Mobile Smartphone or PocketPC you can quickly establish the affordability of major asset purchases.

MortgageCALC has many options to tailor calculations, such as:
  • Interest compounding periods options of Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Half Yearly and Annual,
  • Repayment frequency option of Monthly, Weekly, Fortnightly, Semi-Monthly, Quarterly, Half Yearly and Annually,
  • Interest only calculations,
  • Amortization calculations,
  • Graphing of amortization calculations, and
  • Loan comparisons.

Touch and swipe screen to switch graph type and details of loan comparisons.

MortgageCALC is also screen orientation aware for landscape and portrait modes.

Requirements
- Windows Standard or Windows Professional [Mobile 5 or 6]
- Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 2.0 or above

Installation
- Copy/download MortgageCALC.CAB file to your device, click on cab file using 'File Explorer' on device to install.

Aim of Project : To produce the "perfect" principal & interest loan calculator for Windows Mobile Devices.

This freeware release of MortgageCALC is for personal and private use only.

The author of this program can be contacted via xda-development.com (private message or comment on MortgageCALC thread).

10 January 2008 1.5.002 Update : Program modification made to try and fix Blackjack II keyboard issue.

11 January 2008 1.5.003 Update : Optimization of code following confirmation of working fix for Blackjack II keyboard issue.

15 December 2009 1.6.001 Update : Major rewrite - faster amortisations, new improved keyboard control.

Configure keyboard for numeric input.

29 December 2009 1.6.002 Minor bugfix (zero input for term) and reduction in screen flicker with list and graph functions.

31 December 2009 1.6.003 Added support for Swype keyboard.

31 December 2009 1.6.004 Bug fix - error in transaction listing fixed - Thanks Chuck.

DOWNLOAD

gm_fisher
HTC Diamond, HTC Touch, i-mate SP5
Attached Files
File Type: cab MortgageCALC_1.6.004.CAB - [Click for QR Code] (172.2 KB, 168 views)

27th July 2008, 07:45 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
will try this out. thinking of getting a house here across the tasman...
27th July 2008, 08:26 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Great program
Thank you. I've been using it for years!
27th July 2008, 08:57 AM |#4  
Flag Townsville

More
Thumbs up
Bloody awesome.
27th July 2008, 09:12 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Thanks
This version of MortgageCALC is an update which has an “improved’ user interface. I increased the size of the “Touch” areas for controls, and added ability to swipe on graph control to change from one graph to the next. I also included “swipeability“ to the list box for the amortisation listing.

In writing the program I have tried to make one version of the program which will install across as many Windows Mobile platforms as possible (ie smart phone and touch screen type devices, in all screen configurations.)

I have found that not all Windows Mobile devices are created equal, with inconsistency in hardware keyboards being an issue in achieving a “Universal” version of the program.

MortgageCALC should work on all Touch Screen (Professional) devices, with the Microsoft NETcf2 framework, and has been tested on Imate SP5 Smartphone style layouts. BlackJack devices may have a problem. The original Blackjack had an unusual keyboard layout, current version (the Blackjack II) is more conventional in its layout, however I don’t have one to test on, so I would be interested in feedback.

The original version of MortgageCALC, written some years ago, was coded in eVB. This version uses the NETcf2 framework.

The original version also had many more features that this release. Some of these feature required many updates each time a new OS’s was released by Microsoft, and many hardware compatibility issues. (ie.. never worked on Smartphones) This version of MortgageCALC is a very much simplified program, whilst still being able to do fairly comprehensive loan calculations.

Greg
11th August 2008, 05:16 AM |#6  

More
Hi Greg,

Just would like to start by saying thanks for such a great product.

I would like some advise or direction with programing/tables. Is there a forum or a discussion somewhere about how to work or program these to better work with USA financing? I would like to figure how to create a script where it where auto-calc mortgage insurance, property taxes, home owners insurance (Impounds = yes or no). I would like the ability to manually edit the default factors if I wanted. I would like the ability to choose FHA (which adds an Up Front Mortgage Insurance Premium to the base loan amount) or Conventional (which doesn't). The "UFMIP" and monthly mortgage insurance can vary based on risk based criteria. My other question: is this programing available on the Windows Mobile version or should I attempt this on the older version?

Thanks in advance,

Luis
11th August 2008, 02:30 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Luis,

The original version of MortgageCAL, which was written in eVB (embedded Visual Basic) had the feature of programmable 'Calculation Tables'.

The user of the original program can input formulas for local government charges, stamp duties, or any other cost, and the program would then calculate these costs automatically when working out loan costs.

The formulas are in a standard JScript syntax. Any reference on JScript formulas would give you an idea on what type of calculations are possible, and there are a number of example calculation tables included in the program download.

With the final release of the original MortgageCALC I was getting very frustrated with the continual changes to the code required each time Microsoft released a new CE version. The program accesses an undocumented interrupt address in the OS to enable JScript to run in a "Shell". The final version of MortgageCALC was written with a detection routine, in anticipation of Microsoft changing the address in future OS releases. This has enabled the program to continue to work on Windows Professional 6.0, however it does not work on Windows Standard 6.

I have not included calculation Tables in the re-written version of MortgageCALC (most recent release is version 1.4).

There are a few of reasons for this:
1. The new version is designed to be a much simplified program to the original. Aiming to be more user friendly.
2. The calculation table function had to be coded differently for different Pocket PC versions.
3. The time required,
4. The lack of access to the many different PPCs for testing.

I have written some code to test the possibility of inclusion of the Calculation Tables feature in a future release of the "new" MortgageCALC, however have not released a version with this feature yet due to the amount of programming time required to get it to the standard achieved with the original program. (Time is a issue with my other [paid] work commitments).

Anyway.... I plan to update the present release in about a week or so, with some minor user interface improvements, (But no Calculation Tables).

PS.. I anticipate that my Web Site will be taken down by my service provider in the next month or so.. I have had the site for a number of years, however a recent change in my ISP's billing arrangements means that once the present billing cycle expires I will not be continuing to use them. I have always paid them in advance, so have approx a month up my sleeve before the site is taken down.

I have yet to decide which ISP will get me as future customer. I will post the details on this site when the time comes.
11th August 2008, 11:08 PM |#8  

More
Thanks for your feed back and much appreciated time you have put into this project. I currently have a Touch phone with WM6 and the older version works for now. I'll install the newer one as well as they shouldn't have any conflict with you each other, right? I will look forward to the new version, especially the one that will included tables. I realize this maybe a long time coming but most of us are faithful fans/users of program.
Thanks for heads us up on your site, we'll look forward to you see up again. By the way, I noticed you don't have a "donate" button on your site. I, for one, have really benefitted from your program and would like to donate some cash. I believe others feel the same way. Let's us know how we may support you in return.

Thanks again for the work you have done,

Luis
9th December 2008, 07:06 PM |#9  

More
Can't enter more than one digit
First off - it's an awesome calculator. It has a very clean interface and very professional looking! I do have a problem with the latest version (v1.5) and was hoping you can help. I can't seem to enter more than one digit in any of the fields. I'm using this on a Samsung Blackjack II with Windows Mobile 6.1. Do you know of why that would be?
9th December 2008, 07:20 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkngo

First off - it's an awesome calculator. It has a very clean interface and very professional looking! I do have a problem with the latest version (v1.5) and was hoping you can help. I can't seem to enter more than one digit in any of the fields. I'm using this on a Samsung Blackjack II with Windows Mobile 6.1. Do you know of why that would be?

I personally don't. The only I can think of is that it doesn't like your keyboard or input method. Try selecting another method. Good luck.
10th December 2008, 07:29 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
pkngo

Try changing the keyboard input by selecting Menu>Option>Setup>Menu>NumPad

Key a string of characters to represent the keyboard numpad layout on your device.

For example : 0ERTDFGXCV.
To represent: 0123456789.

Don't forget the keyboard entry for ".", which represents the decimal symbol key, to end the string.

Let us know how it goes.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
free, loan calculator, software

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)