0. Can I upgrade the rom to my ELF/ELFIN?
- Both version (premium and lite) can be used on ELF + ELFIN, and do not flash the rom to other device.
BTW for elf user it is recommended to use lite version. since our tiny ram and rom memory will need more free space
install M2DC and add/remove the TAB
ps: for lite user,,,,, if u have problem adding tab, u should install other skin, than give it another try. it should be working just fine. (or u can find then re-install "Reflection theme" -> the default skin)
- please read the upgrade instruction, since the rom use new base, so it need new ipl and hspl/uspl -> 3.07.cmon or above
- and make sure your rom download is not corrupted
- well i know that not all of u will like this rom, it were meant for speed and stability , the way our team likes it.
and if u feel this rom is not your type, u can try many other rom or cook your own rom. besides we never ever force u to use our rom.
-ps: what have we done, we do it for free and we love u all (almost all though haha)
- hmm... elf is not meant for M2D -> memory only 64MB, so there are many thing u should do
---a. change the Page Pool to 4MB ->PP changer provided in post 1
---b. dont install too many 3rd party program
---c. close unneeded program from running
---d. install oxios hibernate (dont use oxios close app, just use the hibernate)
---e. dont add more tab, lesser tab = more memory (I use 5 tab myself)
---f. use simple M2DC skin or better not to change the skin at all
---g. buy elfin?? haha , ok ok its a joke, i'm still using my lovely elf myself
- we have tried and test most of the app preinstalled in the rom, all are working fine. so check if 3rd arty software or your own registry modification cause the problem.
- in order to have some indian taste , u can delete and renew the bookmark
- from the rom right? u cant do that, but u can remove the shortcut then pretend the program do not exist
-as we mentioned before, the rom is lite, so many thing is gone, u can add that your self by searching through the thread or forum. ps: start from post 5 on this page
- easy -> use omapclock or use homescreen plusplus with second today ( i use HS++ )
- tess does have better battery management compared to some other rom, so thats not a rom fault.
- check if active sync is running continuosly on the back ground -> look no 10 for solution
- do not install to many 3rd party software that run continously , eg: S2US, HS++, etc2
- it can be compatibility issues, since we are using newest base rom
- or its 3rd party software conflict?
- or wrong installation?
- or or or or or.......
- well u can see that so many variable can come in at installing new 3rd party software, so we cant and we wont give any support since thats not part of the rom.
- go to HTC service center , we can't do anything if its hardware problem
- we must wait for our bro raffiekol , he's missing somewhere ^_^
- there's sticky on top of elf upgrading forum u can read, and we provide u with page pool changer attached on post 1. download -> extract -> use.
- in TESS 4.X, u can enable SMS threading by using Advanced Config
1. Make sure u're using SPL v.3.XX.cmon
2. Use your windows (do not use your PPC) to format your SD card with FAT32.
3. Rename the nbh files to ELF0IMG.nbh
4. Put the renamed nbh to SD card root directory
5. Enter bootloader mode (hold camera button while pressing soft reset button)
6. It will search for the nbh then...
7. quickly press the power button before time countdown is finished
8. wait..... wait..... voila your device is upgraded ^_^
9. for further info : http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index..._Card_Flashing
- My ELF use 3.07.cmon then i upgrade to 3.10.cmon without any problem, but upgrade on your own risk, we do not hold any responsibility with your device
- we won't always use the latest version for every software included
- we simply choose the best one according our own usage (fast and stable in mind)
- for example : schap make advanced config ver 3.X above for newer vga device (*cough* diamond), so for qvga user like us, schap 2.1 is more than sufficient.
- yes this is rather subjective, so we simply use our own preference haha
"Enable"=1 to 0
please use advanced config -> touch flo setting
- our current v4.X skin don't support analog clock, so u must use M2DC to install another skin with analog clock.
start - setting - connection - add new modem connection --- then
"name for the connection" => u can rename with your carrier name
"select a modem" => selular line (gprs)
"access point name" => u can name it the carrier name
please fill them all / just left them blank (in my case, the operator dont need any password or user name, so i left it blank)
TADA.... its done ...
- u can search then install psshutxp
- disable the phone canvas , then.....
- for everyone who want to change "the whole thing", u can try m2dc (use search)
then install new theme (found at development and hacking thread -> search for this one too)
- or if u want to change the wallpaper only, use setting tab on m2d then change the wallpaper