FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Large Text Scroller

665 posts
Thanks Meter: 24

By juiceppc, Senior Member on 18th August 2008, 04:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This isn't anything revolutionary or remotely useful. But,... I haven't seen anything like it and I figured I'd share it. You never know when you might want to use it. I made it in flash and you type in your text, up to 15 characters then hit the button and there ya go. Scrolling. Large. Just copy the .exe to your device/card and run. It works good on Omap devices but better on 400mhz+ devices. I currently don't have a SmartPhone so if anyone could try it on smartphone and let me know if it works that would be great. I'm not sure if you can get into the text box without tapping it.

Attached Files
File Type: zip textscroller.zip - [Click for QR Code] (407.1 KB, 103 views)

18th August 2008, 04:37 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 232

Donate to Me
More
Not sure exactly what this is supposed to do? You're scrolling to search and find text you've just typed in or what? Can you attach some screenshots please?
18th August 2008, 04:46 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe5508

Not sure exactly what this is supposed to do? You're scrolling to search and find text you've just typed in or what? Can you attach some screenshots please?

You type in text then hit the button and that text will scroll across the whole screen infinitely. Borderline postworthy but I thought it might have it's uses and as I said I've never seen anything do that before. You don't see the screenshots?
18th August 2008, 09:42 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 94

More
You will not believe this, but I was just thinking about a software like this this morning. Back in my old Palm OS days, I had a marquee-style scrolling app that I would use to display a message from across the room. I was just wondering this morning if anyone had made such a thing for pocket pcs. Thanks. With text messaging, I may not have as much use for it now, but I will find a way to use it.
19th August 2008, 06:32 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It works as promised, dunno what exactly I'll do with it, but I like it.
A few requests;
1) More characters
2) Landscape mode (wider viewing area)
3) Colors?

Thanks for the app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)