THIS IS FOR THE GSM VERSION OF HTC TOUCH ONLY - ELF OR ELFIN ONLY
*NOT* for SPRINT/TELUS/BELL CDMA versions or 'MADE IN CHINA' CLONES or TOUCH DIAMOND or TOUCH DUAL or TOUCH HD or TOUCH CRUISE etc.
IN OTHER WORDS, IT WILL NOT WORK ON YOUR PHONE UNLESS YOU HAVE THE QVGA PHONE CALLED THE "HTC TOUCH" THAT TAKES SIM CARDS, THAT WAS RELEASED IN 2007.
Use common sense
I just created an easy way to get the Device ID and CID of your Elf/Elfin by using the tools from itsme.
Simply unzip the contents of the attachment at the end of this post to a new folder on your PC, and then double-click on "device_info.bat" while your phone is connected to ActiveSync. DO NOT RUN WITHOUT UNZIPPING ALL THE FILES TO A FOLDER FIRST.
In a few seconds you'll have the info at your finger tips.
The following info will be shown:
- DEVICE ID
- RAM size
- ROM size
- HTC Part Number
- 15-digit IMEI (NOTE: Your System->Device Information reports 2 extra digits indicating software revision)
- Serial Number
- MCC+MNC Codes (see Wiki for info) -- If this says "Not found" that means the SIM unlock code is also encrypted and cannot be found (you must pay a 3rd party for it) NOTE: Newer Elfs do not have this value but it is nothing of concern.
- Model Type (Elf or Elfin)
- Model No. (e.g. ELF0100)
- MAC Address
- SIM unlock code (for specific models only)
- Page Pool size (see this thread for info)
- ROM/ExtROM/Operator Version
- AKU Version (see Wiki for info)
These details will also be dumped to a text file (device_info.txt) after completion.
NOTE: If you get errors trying to run this program, then unzip this file, extract the two files onto your Touch and run them from there. Then run device_info.bat again.
NOTE2: Please do not post your Serial #, IMEI or MAC Address in this thread!!!
NOTE3: If this doesn't work in Windows Vista 64-bit edition, try this solution: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6&postcount=79
NOTE4: If some information doesn't show up in Windows 7, try this solution: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=353
Thanks to ayyu3m for the screenshot: