FORUMS

[RELEASE] Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard Tornado Hybrid

1,720 posts
Thanks Meter: 38

By illi, Senior Member on 25th August 2008, 05:20 AM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard Tornado Hybrid
CE OS 5.2.19202.3.0.0 (SKToolsLite readings)

I am glad to be able to find the time to assemble and cook this ROM. A "Very Special Thank You" to GnatGoSplat for providing the base ROM, assistance and encouragement. A "BIG Thank You" too to RickWyatt for helping me out with my first ROM release sometime back. Thank you to everybody else who are willing and brave enough to flash this ROM to your device. I hope you enjoy this ROM as much as I enjoyed cooking it.

As I am quite busy, support from me will be intermittent and difficult to come by. I hope experienced forum members and cookers can give a helping hand. Please use KarHoe's (great work man!) fantastic Guide to flash the ROM. (Best result when "format BINFS" is done.)

The significant feature of this release is the XIP 20202 from Vox. Please see the benchmark data below for comparison.

Base ROM: GnatGoSplat's WM6.1 Clean 5.2.19202 (Build 19202.1.0.0) Eval
Base XIP: CE 5.2 20202 VOX
(inspired by NiTroGenious' posting, THANKS BUDDY!);)

MEMORY COMPARISON (readings taken immediately after initial reboot = Start-->Settings-->About) (Readings may differ from mine.)
..............................original GnatGoSplat release .................Tornado VOX Hybrid XIP 20202
Page Pool:....................8 MB...........................................8 MB
Available Storage:........17.50 MB..........................................18.83 MB
Total Storage:............19.94 MB...........................................20.94 MB
Available Memory:.......26.70 MB...........................................26.63 MB
Total Memory:............48.68 MB...........................................48.68 MB

Benchmarks (SK Tools Lite)
.................................................o riginal GnatGoSplat release .............. Tornado VOX Hybrid XIP 20202
. Integer (Moves/25 usec)...............103.1301...................... ..................100.1631
. Floating point (MWIPS)....................2.405.................. ...........................2.303
. RAM access (Speed index).............242............................ ....................229
. Draw bitmaps (Speed index)...........382.............................. .................1585
. Main storage (write) (KB/sec).........696.44............................... .............563.10
. Main storage (read) (KB/sec)........2537.79............................... ............2328.15
. Storage Card (write) (KB/sec)........367.86................................ .............274.16
. Storage Card (read) (KB/sec).........864.62............................... ............1068.15

(Though the benchmark is not impressive,this ROM IS fast.)

SOFTWARE (Modules/Files removed, added, or replaced)
Removed
- Autoupdate
- Catalog
- Welcome Center
- Windows Live
- All WM5 homescreens xml except full.home.xml
- There are still some clean-up of irrelevent files required

Replaced
- CHome_240x320.cpr file - (modified) slim SlidingPanel with Day/Date on Clock Panel
- SlidingPanel.home.xml - (modified) (Install CHome Configurator for more options

Added
- Global Skining with Copy/Paste function from e-natives (Press Long Home key while in compose mode to copy/paste) (This is an alternative to Rinku Icon Bar - please google if you want Rinku Icon Bar)
- GroupSMS InboxMenuExtensibility
- HTC File Manager
- HTC Network Wizard
- PHM Registry Edit
- SRS WOW HD
- HTC Reboot
- Softkeys
. Calculator - Long Pound
. Quick List - soft press on on/off button
. Task Manager - long press on home key

Known issues/problems:
- GlobalSkin is still an alpha version. The copy/paste function is not working yet!
- Font slightly large
- Settings==>GPRS Authentication doesnt work
- Setting==>CSD Line Type doesnt work
- Settings==>Phone - seems not to save settings changes but it actually did save
- Settings==>Connections==>GPRS - remove T-mobile settings and use Network Wizard to set your settings
- Broken link to Getting Started in Recent Programs (because I removed Welcome Center) After running a few other applications this will disppear
-Voice Recorder soft-key not working
- installed but decided to remove CyberonVoiceDial due to softkey conflict with CommManager/VoiceNotes - cant find solution yet.

To-do:
I hope to find time to clean up the Registry in general and hopefully could fix the issues/problems that arises.

DOWNLOAD LINK
- Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard Tornado VOX Hybrid XIP 20202
(Sorry for the delay to upload this file. However, as a bonus I have included the ROM with CyberonVoiceDial but its softkey conflicts with CommManager/VoiceNotes. Rename the file that you want to flash to nk.nbf.)

- NEW!! Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard Tornado VOX Hybrid XIP 20202 OS Build 19593
I have managed to build another hybrid version with Build 19593. If there is interest I'll upload it. This release was inspired by Nitrogenious' comments in this thread. See pics below.

Note: Credit goes to GnatGoSplat without his "original" WM6.1 release this will not be possible. Thanks very much Gnat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	19593.jpg
Views:	1444
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	110929  
25th August 2008, 12:26 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lat N03.05.589 Lon E101.37.388

More
ROM released. See first post.
25th August 2008, 03:05 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
First ! Downloading and will host it by this week !

Believe it or not, I'm actually still using the first 6.1 for Tornado lol
25th August 2008, 03:06 PM |#4  
Flag Medellin
Thanks Meter: 105

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Great ROM!
Thanks ILI, i'm flash my phone to this new one rom.

It's very nice and have some differences with the ROM [Release 11Jun08] WM6.1 (not so) Plain Jane - 5.2.19202 (Build 19202.1.0.0) FINAL.

Thanks, this is great job.

With the java that comes with this ROM, how can i to install java programs in SD card?
25th August 2008, 03:11 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
@Karhoe: thanks for flashing to your device and thanks for hosting this ROM.
@luisjoseb: Thanks to you too. I am not sure how coz I dont use Java. I included it coz my son wants it I will try to find he answer and post it here if I can find them.
25th August 2008, 03:12 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
It seems like Tornado thread is dying with many othe rpeople switching to new smartphones and PDA lol
25th August 2008, 03:18 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karhoe

It seems like Tornado thread is dying with many othe r people switching to new smartphones and PDA lol

HTC Diamond may "kill" us all. I like it but I like my tornado more...lol
25th August 2008, 04:23 PM |#8  
Flag Medellin

Donate to Me
More
Well, i have already the phone configured and i found some issues.

The SMS aren't threated, can i enable threat sms?

The startup/shutdown images don't appear, when i recibe a call, the background image is the default Windows Mobile green picture with logo.

The jbed esmertec don't install GoBible, launch file error.

The font is little big

The other thinks work fine
25th August 2008, 04:40 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisjoseb

The SMS aren't threated, can i enable threat sms?

Strange! Mine is threaded. Can anyone else confirm this issue please.

Quote:

The startup/shutdown images don't appear,

True. Please Install HTC Splash Screen. I'll try to google for you.

Quote:

when i receive a call, the background image is the default Windows Mobile green picture with logo.

True. I left it there. If majority want it removed, I'll do that in next release.

Quote:

The jbed esmertec don't install GoBible, launch file error.

As I said earlier, I dont use Jbed so can someone help here please.

Quote:

The font is little big

I mentioned it in the release. Will try to reduce in next release.

THANKS for the input; I really appreciate it and hope to be able to solve them where possible.
25th August 2008, 05:13 PM |#10  
Flag Medellin

Donate to Me
More
Thanks Ili, thanks for you help.

Well, the SMS are threaded, i import the SMS with SMS Tools Pack and this tool don't leave it in threat, but i make some test and the message in effect are threaded.

Well, i install the HTC Splash Screen for the startup images and i'm looking how to change the background call, jeje.

Thanks a lot...

This is a nice ROM
25th August 2008, 06:39 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Thanx for your work, man.
Flashed this rom a couple of minutes ago.
Seems to work fine, liked homescreen in previous release more, so will try to shape it the way i want.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread