Remove All Ads from XDA

MSCEInf Version 2.4

173 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By BenThon, Senior Member on 27th August 2008, 07:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Contributions of version 2.4

1) In Tab « Files », if SETUPDLL present ("setup.dll") :
  • - This dll is now in the ListView (Properties - Context Menu - and Drag and Drop are allowed on this DLL)
  • - The SETUPDLL is marked in red
  • - An icon is shown in StatusBar to show its presence
  • - The Hint of the StatusBar specifies its presence
2) Other Bug Corrections for column sort and especially in XML window.
  • And now :
    • - If never clicked on a column -> alphabetic sort
    • - If clicked on the same column -> reverse sort
    • - If not in the same ListView or not clicked on the same column -> alphabetic sort
3) Help and History are now available by clicking on the System Menu (Top Left on the Caption)

Thanks again to Le Sage (CodePPC forum moderator) for his help and advices.

30th August 2008, 10:35 PM |#2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 4

More
MSCEInf file-copy glitch...
Hi Benoît,

Thank you for such a useful application. I genuinely would have little-to-no clue what was going on during the tirade of CAB installs on my Diamond without this splendid tool.

Just one small bug for hopeful resolution in the next release...

The InfCEOpen and InfCEView directories that are created in the %temp% directory are not cleared when a new .CAB is directly loaded in to the program.
The user would have to completely close then re-open the app to clear these folders before processing a new .CAB accurately.

A example of this issue would be as follows:
  1. Two .cab files 'cab1' and 'cab2' contain a file with the same filename (testfile.exe), but each cab has a different version of 'testfile.exe'.
  2. The first loaded cab1 will create the InfCEOpen directory and write the 'testfile.exe' (Version-cab1) both into the directory and then to the drag/drop location.
  3. The cab2 file is directly loaded into the same MSCEInf session window and appears to load correctly with all new listed files displaying fine.
  4. The new testfile.exe from cab2 is now dragged and appears to write a new file to the drag/drop location. This should be the testfile.exe (Version-cab2), however it is still copying the initial testfile.exe from cab1 (Version-cab1).
  5. Looking in the InfCEOpen directory shows the cab-internal named file such as "000CABB2.004" which is the correct version, however it was unable to rename it prior to the drag/drop copy as the initial cab1 file still exists in the InfCEOpen directory.

Hope this detail is all useful and once again the application is superb, so thank you for all your work and effort.

Best regards,
Adam R. Hirshfield

T-Mobile (UK) Ltd.
Core Networks
31st August 2008, 08:23 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Thanks for your comment Adam ! There is not a lot of comment for this program so I appreciate it (I have lost my hairs on this program !)
I have already seen this bug before but I have forgotten to find something to correct it !
Maybe in future version...
7th September 2008, 08:30 PM |#4  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Feedback for bug-fixed version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenThon

Thanks for your comment Adam ! There is not a lot of comment for this program so I appreciate it (I have lost my hairs on this program !)
I have already seen this bug before but I have forgotten to find something to correct it !
Maybe in future version...

Your personal attention and support in resolving this issue was fantastic. No issues with the version supplied with new 'temp blanking' code. We have been using it daily (if not hourly) since you kindly supplied it and works exactly as expected - and for unexpectedly great value!

I would suggest it is certainly safe to release the new version for anyone who may be unknowingly caught out by the issue I was experiencing. Now using the ThemeGen software too which is also highly recommended...

Looking forward to continued feature expansions and updates. We would gladly pay/donate for this product instead of being forced to use the existing OCP "WinCE CAB Manager" or "CabWUZ", which is currently our only CAB-building solution. Are you at any time in the future considering adding CAB creation (file additions/editing) or 'REG/XML --> CAB' conversion features to this product.

It is already superb for viewing and would be a welcome competition to the OCP products.

Please keep me in mind for any required preview/beta testing assistance and I will be delighted to provide feedback.

Best regards,
Adam
11th September 2008, 01:29 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Thanks for your encouragements Adam !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahirshfield

Are you at any time in the future considering adding CAB creation (file additions/editing) or 'REG/XML --> CAB' conversion features to this product.

I have no more hairs on my head ! So, I do not think that I will tranform MSCEInf in a Cab Builder. Nevertheless, you can do this with MSCEInf :
  1. Put the Cab in MSCEInf and get the rebuilt INF file.
  2. Extract all the files with the program (with tree folders).
  3. Modify the INF File as you want.
  4. Change the files you want in the folders where MSCEInf put extracted files.
  5. And use CabWiz to build your own Cab !
To mimic OCP software (99 $ ...) I have to write a parser and a syntaxic corrector... and so on... Really, a hard piece of work !

Thanks again for your feedback, Adam !
11th September 2008, 01:34 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
If I manage to awake the webmaster of CodePPC, I would publish the new version of MSCEInf with the corrections (the version I sent to you, Adam).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)